What's new

Question GL PLAYERS! Please list his bad MUs.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I feel he still loses to the same chars but supes is even now for sure. Zod i really dont have exp but most likely slight advantage for zod. His b1 outfootsies so much of the cast supes added to the list.

Anybody notice how fast gl trait comes back?

He may seem like he has alot of bad matches but the more I play him. Seems like he doesnt have many losing matchups.

Right now I feel he is top 10 minimum. Could be top 5 6, 7 in the future.

Anyways I need to start talking bout matchups this weekend.

I havent been in the gl forums in a while.

stay fullscreen

youre gonna have to explain how Superman and Batgirl are even, Batgirl is probably worse that Superman she can zone GL if she wants and if he zones back she can teleport and he's in the vortex, air rocket is out of the eqution so is minigun and once you get in she has better rushdown, ive beaten decent batgirls but i dont see how its even. Batman i can see and Sinestro i dont agree with but can see why you say it
Superman requires patience and knowing how to deal with his zoning.

Batgirl just get the life lead and turtle her. She doesn't have a completely safe approach.

stay fullscreen

youre gonna have to explain how Superman and Batgirl are even, Batgirl is probably worse that Superman she can zone GL if she wants and if he zones back she can teleport and he's in the vortex, air rocket is out of the eqution so is minigun and once you get in she has better rushdown, ive beaten decent batgirls but i dont see how its even. Batman i can see and Sinestro i dont agree with but can see why you say it
And why is Sinestro a bad MU? I thought it was early in the game's life, but it's even IMO.

I feel he still loses to the same chars but supes is even now for sure. Zod i really dont have exp but most likely slight advantage for zod. His b1 outfootsies so much of the cast supes added to the list.

Anybody notice how fast gl trait comes back?

He may seem like he has alot of bad matches but the more I play him. Seems like he doesnt have many losing matchups.

Right now I feel he is top 10 minimum. Could be top 5 6, 7 in the future.

Anyways I need to start talking bout matchups this weekend.

I havent been in the gl forums in a while.
Missed having you.

stay fullscreen

The only time Sinestro is beating GL is if his trait is active.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Superman requires patience and knowing how to deal with his zoning.

Batgirl just get the life lead and turtle her. She doesn't have a completely safe approach.
ive yet to see a green lantern deal with Superman's zoning properly...not saying it hasnt been done but i havent seen anyone with a good way to beat it

with Batgirl theres the teleport but she also has a good forward dash its not hard fr her to get in and if she blocks lanterns might youre back in the vortex, and what if i dont get the lifelead?

and do what? Kill him with that amazing chip damage? :rolleyes:
if he blocks every shot yes

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
The only time Sinestro is beating GL is if his trait is active.
Not really. Sinestro preys on GL's biggest weakness: his bad mobility. Not only can Sinestro zone freely, but GL also doesn't have a good way to stop him from charging the trait. Air axe also takes away GL's B1. His options in that MU are just bad.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
ive yet to see a green lantern deal with Superman's zoning properly...not saying it hasnt been done but i havent seen anyone with a good way to beat it

with Batgirl theres the teleport but she also has a good forward dash its not hard fr her to get in and if she blocks lanterns might youre back in the vortex, and what if i dont get the lifelead?

why aren't you walking in?

Are you telling me Deathstroke wins if the GL doesn't do anything?

Her dash can be checked with B1 and her teleport is negative one block.

With the extra recovery frames added to Supes heat vision makes it much more easy to get in on a zone happy Superman. Heat zap you can duck and dash or duck OR.

Fred Marvel

why aren't you walking in?

Are you telling me Deathstroke wins if the GL doesn't do anything?
he is walking in but have you noticed how big these stages are and how slow walkspeed is? and DS can back dash while GL has to walk
no im saying you can play the fullscreen game for a good chunk of the match, once GL gets in he has good options yes but if you block lanterns might or land a MB f3 he eats around 35% and you can put him back at fullscreen

Raven is bad. no questions its just bad for GL ask ducky.

how should a GL play the Sinestro matchup?
Yes Raven is a bad MU. Blindman's Raven is by far the best and most difficult Raven I've dealt with.

With Sinestro his projectiles are all negative on block. (Except his MB fireball which can frame trap with a follow up fireball). And as you're coming into lift range there's nothing Sinestro can do safely.

Not really. Sinestro preys on GL's biggest weakness: his bad mobility. Not only can Sinestro zone freely, but GL also doesn't have a good way to stop him from charging the trait. Air axe also takes away GL's B1. His options in that MU are just bad.
Does Sinestro's trait build up animation recover fast enough to block a standing rocket on reaction?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
he is walking in but have you noticed how big these stages are and how slow walkspeed is? and DS can back dash while GL has to walk
no im saying you can play the fullscreen game for a good chunk of the match, once GL gets in he has good options yes but if you block lanterns might or land a MB f3 he eats around 35% and you can put him back at fullscreen
GL has a good walk speed. The match doesn't start full screen, even. Back dashing gives GL more time to walk, DS will corner himself or take a risk trying to get out.

GL has FAR better footsie tools. MB f.3 can blow you up on read but it can also be whiff punished. Sounds like an even match up

Fred Marvel

Her dash can be checked with B1 and her teleport is negative one block.

With the extra recovery frames added to Supes heat vision makes it much more easy to get in on a zone happy Superman. Heat zap you can duck and dash or duck OR.
true but if she dashes and ducks shes safe, teleport is punishable but its also a punish for GL trying to zone
did the extra frames actually make a difference? you could always duck heat zap but what if he mixes up ia heat vision with heat zap, not to mention flying punch pretty much instantly corners if it hits and now has 2 hits of armor lol and GL in the corner = gg

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Does Sinestro's trait build up animation recover fast enough to block a standing rocket on reaction?
Yup. Also, lift range is better for GL, but Sinestro can punish it better than most characters because of his long range B13. After the patch Sinestro can also check GL at this range with B12 because it is completely safe.

true but if she dashes and ducks shes safe, teleport is punishable but its also a punish for GL trying to zone
did the extra frames actually make a difference? you could always duck heat zap but what if he mixes up ia heat vision with heat zap, not to mention flying punch pretty much instantly corners if it hits and now has 2 hits of armor lol and GL in the corner = gg
I never said to zone BG because that would be dumb. I said turtle her. Make her come to you and punish her the moment they become careless. If she gets in push block or armor out.

the animation of heat zap and heat vision are subtle but different. and even if it is heat vision just make sure you stand up blocking in case they MB it. Sooner or later someone somewhere has to take a risk. Nobody is completely safe all the time.

Yup. Also, lift range is better for GL, but Sinestro can punish it better than most characters because of his long range B13. After the patch Sinestro can also check GL at this range with B12 because it is completely safe.
Well I'm not saying to lift whenever. If Sinestro does any special move within lift range and it's blocked, he eats a free lift into mixup. Maybe with Sinestro's buff it may make it better for him, but I think it's too early to call for sure given that. I think GL may still have some things he can do, but only time will tell.

Fred Marvel

GL has a good walk speed. The match doesn't start full screen, even. Back dashing gives GL more time to walk, DS will corner himself or take a risk trying to get out.

GL has FAR better footsie tools. MB f.3 can blow you up on read but it can also be whiff punished. Sounds like an even match up
his walkspeed is great but walk speed overall is slow so it hardly matters, from the start GL is in good range yes and if he stays in that range he should win, lots of stages have ways to get out of the corner and if DS gets to use them he has distance again, not to mention stuff like the water on atlantis that keeps him out.
GL has b1 the best normal in the game but b13 trait or trait lm can be punished, if he uses minigun it creates distance
i said the DS matchup is really close jut a little in his favor

What about Zatanna...I hear she could give him problems. I know nothing about her, I don't even have her downloaded yet.

And MMH...I'm being told mixed things about him too, but he's the same case as Zatanna for me.

Fred Marvel

I never said to zone BG because that would be dumb. I said turtle her. Make her come to you and punish her the moment they become careless. If she gets in push block or armor out.

the animation of heat zap and heat vision are subtle but different. and even if it is heat vision just make sure you stand up blocking in case they MB it. Sooner or later someone somewhere has to take a risk. Nobody is completely safe all the time.
ah i agree with that but if you dont get the lifelead she never has to go in you do and thats where GL is at his weakest when he's forced in

GL is usually the one in that scenario who has to take the risk (turbine usually), Superman isnt safe but he can dodge GLs rockets while landing heat vision, hv mb or heat zap and the chip is dumb when he has trait active, not to mention once GL is in Superman can still win

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
Don't have MMH or Zatanna but I can see MMH being a problem though with his good mixups., Zatanna not so much.

ah i agree with that but if you dont get the lifelead she never has to go in you do and thats where GL is at his weakest when he's forced in

GL is usually the one in that scenario who has to take the risk (turbine usually), Superman isnt safe but he can dodge GLs rockets while landing heat vision, hv mb or heat zap and the chip is dumb when he has trait active, not to mention once GL is in Superman can still win
Yes it can go either way in that respect. Having a life lead is important in this MU which screams "even MU"...going either way like that is as close to literally even you can get without having a mirror match.

I wouldn't use Turbine to get in too much especially against zoning characters. It's 0 frame recovery but that's when it stops. In the air it can be punished by everybody in the game and on the ground if it's blocked leaves you negative. I, myself, am working on breaking that habit. Playing against players that don't really know that game can really spoil how you play that game by letting you get away with things you shouldn't ever get away with.