Should Assassin Strike be an overhead

• Yes

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters

gam224

The world's least hype player
Kitana is perhaps the most changed character in MKX. I have played her since day one, I was there at the beginning when her best wake up was throat slice and I'm still here. There is one thing that has bugged me about Kitana since day one and that's her lack of mix ups across all variations. It's fair to say that this is a game dominated by 50/50's and offense and even zoning characters like Kenshi have a rush down variation. This can be solved with one quick change, make Assassin Strike an overhead. This would give players a reason to pick Assassin over her other two variations. As it stands even mournful has more utility than Assassin because of the mid projectiles, and Royal storm just does everything better than Assassin at the moment. I see this as being a way for Kitana to play offensive while keeping her balanced. Assassin strike is unsafe but if it's paired with the back 143 string it could set up an interesting offense. This would also give added utility to her sharpen move. The most common way to get to sharpen as Kitana (from my experience) is to land fan lift and use the juggle time to sharpen, that way you can still get a meaty. This change to Assassin Strike would make it economical to go for sharpen for the extra damage on sharpen Assassin strike. That's my case what do you think?
P.S. some better Armour on Assassin Strike would be appreciated as well

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I'm not sure about this being an overhead, ex run is amazing and all it needs is more armor for the full duration of the move also make sharpen faster. Other then that just do some more tweaks to the character, i personally think f+2 should be an overhead.

gam224

I'm not sure about this being an overhead, ex run is amazing and all it needs is more armor for the full duration of the move also make sharpen faster. Other then that just do some more tweaks to the character, i personally think f+2 should be an overhead.
I personally am against forward 2 being an overhead because it reduces the utility of back 2 as well as being to large reward for too little risk. What do you use for your sharpen set ups?

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Prepare your anus.
it's ok, i like it rough

I personally am against forward 2 being an overhead because it reduces the utility of back 2 as well as being to large reward for too little risk. What do you use for your sharpen set ups?
b+2 is useless outside of combo enders, you may hit people with it because people forget they exist. If i really want to use a sharpen set up i'll just do ex fan toss from full screen into sharpen or during a combo anytime i hit an air fan. Other then that i don't know any other good set ups.

gam224

That's the why we need some changes, to keep playing her best look from all the variants. I love that variation, but it's definitely the weakest of her (and of the game as well).
Is she really the weakest in the game though? I think that Unstoppable is way worse

Skedar70

Noob
No, I play mainly assassin when playing kitana. I think she is fine. She doesn't need an overhead the only thing that could be improved a little is a faster regular sharpen.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'd rather have full armor through the duration of EX Assassin Strike instead of seeing it become an overhead.

In certain match-ups, there do exist reasons to pick Assassin. For instance, when you're dealing with a character with shitty or no projectiles but a good amount of mids and overheads, why would you bother with Royal Storm's reflect when you can use Assassin's parry for physical attacks? And then there's the fact that lift does not scale for Kitana's combos unlike Royal Storm.

More points go to Assassin since Kitana actually wears her mask. ;)

gam224

I'd rather have full armor through the duration of EX Assassin Strike instead of seeing it become an overhead.

In certain match-ups, there do exist reasons to pick Assassin. For instance, when you're dealing with a character with shitty or no projectiles but a good amount of mids and overheads, why would you bother with Royal Storm's reflect when you can use Assassin's parry for physical attacks? And then there's the fact that lift does not scale for Kitana's combos unlike Royal Storm.

More points go to Assassin since Kitana actually wears her mask. ;)
You are a man of a few characters. I was wondering what would be a good alternative other than Assassin Strike being an overhead to at least make match ups like HQT a little better.

Assassin Strike being an overhead would bring something new to the variation that Kitana really doesn't have. Though I do think that @exflyingbooty has the right idea with f+2 being an overhead and sharpen needing to be faster. Perhaps something to the effect of Cutthroat Kano with comboing into it and being able to continue some type of pressure.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The thing with sharpen is the fact that NRS has to be careful on how to buff it. Sharpen combos do ABSURD damage, easily getting +60% from just a bar. The chip is massive too. Being able to combo into it or continue pressure would be too OP, unless they scale they damage, which I'll be fine with.

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
Even being her weakest variation, does not make her "pretty bad" by any stretch. Other characters have variations that are not practical ,never used, or nerfed to the ground.

the black eye shadow is pretty awesome. Isn't that enough?
Pepper that angus, bit. :16Bit

No it's not enough sir. She needs this variation to be viable to provide a good Change of pace for her like the other characters on the roster.

Making the assassins rush run cancel label would be better than making it an overhead in my opinion. Armor throughout, etc. Either way, it needs help.