Should Assassin Strike be an overhead

• Yes

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Kenshi? And before you say kenjutsu df1, remember mournful has OH air glaive which is 0 on block and launches and her very fast startup xray in all variations which we all know kitana doesn't suffer in the meter build dept.
The only true mixup she has in in mournful is j.1 ex glaive/b+3 and get the idea that she is safe from air ex glaive just because she's 0 on block she still has to land but then again, we're not talking about mournful we're talking about assassin. Then again you're probably going to tell me float is a real mixup next.

Skedar70

Noob
I think assassin strike and parry are fine, but dont you guys think regular sharpen should be buffed a little so that we can actually use it in some sort of safe setup. Right now its just a huge risk going for sharpen which doesnt last much and if you don´t land a hit it goes to waste.

gam224

The world's least hype player
I think assassin strike and parry are fine, but dont you guys think regular sharpen should be buffed a little so that we can actually use it in some sort of safe setup. Right now its just a huge risk going for sharpen which doesnt last much and if you don´t land a hit it goes to waste.
If you land a fan lift you can sharpen and still get a meaty.

The only true mixup she has in in mournful is j.1 ex glaive/b+3 and get the idea that she is safe from air ex glaive just because she's 0 on block she still has to land but then again, we're not talking about mournful we're talking about assassin. Then again you're probably going to tell me float is a real mixup next.
Well the original question posed by another user, not the OP, was why can't the character Kitana have a legit OH, not a specific variation.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
After a basic combo so if you get off b+3, fan lift, njp, f+43, 21 fan, jk fan you can do sharpen since air fan is like + a fucking lot but i do believe sharpen should be a bit faster so i don't have to use it like that or after ex fan.

Let's all listen to Trepound his Kitana is so good. LOL I couldn't type that with laughing my ass off.
Don't be shady, be a lady.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah but all those other characters need them, right...
A. This is not how balancing works.

B. We need less 50/50s, not more.

Give Assassin a faster sharpen and increase the chip dmg on fans in sharpen. I'd rather they boost her zoning game then make her into the same 50/50 meta that everyone else has.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Give Assassin a faster sharpen and increase the chip dmg on fans in sharpen. I'd rather they boost her zoning game then make her into the same 50/50 meta that everyone else has.
I feel like this game has more block pressure than comboable 50/50. I don't disagree with making F2 overhead during sharpen. If we look at Kitana again she does NOT have safe meterless comboable 50/50. Current her low option is either risky for meterless combo or using 1 bar for +1 on block launcher. And the sharpen now does 2% damage (0.5% block damage) extra for every hit using her fan (d1 does 4%). Increase chip damage might make it broken

Zoidberg747

I feel like this game has more block pressure than comboable 50/50. I don't disagree with making F2 overhead during sharpen. If we look at Kitana again she does NOT have safe meterless comboable 50/50. Current her low option is either risky for meterless combo or using 1 bar for +1 on block launcher. And the sharpen now does 2% damage (0.5% block damage) extra for every hit using her fan (d1 does 4%). Increase chip damage might make it broken
Liu Kang does like 4% chip with fireballs after shaolin flame. It would be really good but not broken.

Like I said I'd rather they buff her zoning because there is barely any zoners in the game.

But im biased so keep that in mind.

Liu Kang does like 4% chip with fireballs after shaolin flame. It would be really good but not broken.

Like I said I'd rather they buff her zoning because there is barely any zoners in the game.

But im biased so keep that in mind.
Not to mention his shaolin flame lasts like forever, and sharpen lasts nothing.

Zoidberg747

Then take away the overheads from every other character with good zoning too
Once again, this is NOT how game balance works.

By this logic Tanya players should ask for a comboable overhead because other pressure characters like Shinnok have one. But that would make no sense because Tanya has things that other characters don't have.

Kitana is the same. She doesn't need an overhead because she has better air control than most characters and can punish jumping for more than any character in the game. In a meta that is so reliant on jumping that is huge. Not to mention the fact that she has some of the best zoning in the game.

I agree that Assassin needs buffs but only Assassin. Which is why I would like them to increase the zoning potential in Assassin to give it more of a specified use.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Once again, this is NOT how game balance works.

By this logic Tanya players should ask for a comboable overhead because other pressure characters like Shinnok have one. But that would make no sense because Tanya has things that other characters don't have.

Kitana is the same. She doesn't need an overhead because she has better air control than most characters and can punish jumping for more than any character in the game. In a meta that is so reliant on jumping that is huge. Not to mention the fact that she has some of the best zoning in the game.

I agree that Assassin needs buffs but only Assassin. Which is why I would like them to increase the zoning potential in Assassin to give it more of a specified use.
I agree with this post 100%, but at the same time, it would suck that her rushdown variation became a zoning one.

Zoidberg747

I agree with this post 100%, but at the same time, it would suck that her rushdown variation became a zoning one.
Thats fair.

I'll leave the Assassin mains to discuss what she actually needs, I just think whatever it is shouldn't affect the other two variations because those are fine.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
She would have a low safe combo starter, an OH forward advancing safe combo starter, an armored launcher, iair fans that lead to combos and all for high damaging combos at least 30%. It would turn kitana into a combo festival, it would make it too easy for her to open people up for high damage.
Are you .....I.....Why the.....Nobody in the actual fucking thread said Kitana sucks and needs f2 as an overhead.It was just a goddamn suggestion you nitwit.Damn did you even read any of what Shirai Ryu dog said or ANY of the kitana players actually said?Oh whats that? "no"? Well you can just gtfo this thread or start reading what the players actually said before responding....geez

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Are you .....I.....Why the.....NOBODY IN THE ACTUAL FUCKING THREAD SAID KITANA SUCKS AND NEEDS F2 AS AN OVERHEAD!It was just a goddamn suggestion you nitwit.Damn did you even read any of what Shirai Ryu dog said or ANY of the kitana players actually said?Oh whats that? "no"? Well you can just gtfo this thread or start reading what the players actually said before responding....geez
You okay man?

Skedar70

Noob
Are you .....I.....Why the.....NOBODY IN THE ACTUAL FUCKING THREAD SAID KITANA SUCKS AND NEEDS F2 AS AN OVERHEAD!It was just a goddamn suggestion you nitwit.Damn did you even read any of what Shirai Ryu dog said or ANY of the kitana players actually said?Oh whats that? "no"? Well you can just gtfo this thread or start reading what the players actually said before responding....geez
Its a terrible suggestion that would make her broken. I was just explaining why. You need to chill bro. Read Zoidbergs747 post to learn how balancing works. Each character has their own dirt. Kitana has hers.