What's new

give every character a quick frame attack

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i say instead of nerfing characters how about each character get a 6-8 frame one hitter attack.. kinda like a get off me hit/special..

right now we have

Kung spin ~ should be one of only a few that you can combo off of..
Reptile dash
Raiden torpedo
Cage uppercut kick
Kano up ball (sadly being nerfed already WTF)

instead of nerfing these attacks i say we give every character a quick frame attack..

am i crazy when i say this?????

these 5 are all the top tiers in the game, these quick hitting attacks contribute to this, how about the rest of the cast?????????

Jade101

Noob
i say instead of nerfing characters how about each character get a 6-8 frame one hitter attack.. kinda like a get off me hit/special..

right now we have

Kung spin ~ should be one of only a few that you can combo off of..
Reptile dash
Raiden torpedo
Cage uppercut kick
Kano up ball (sadly being nerfed already WTF)

instead of nerfing these attacks i say we give every character a quick frame attack..

am i crazy when i say this?????

these 5 are all the top tiers in the game, these quick hitting attacks contribute to this, how about the rest of the cast?????????
I think they should just buff the shit guys, thats all!

DanCock

Cock Master!!

so you guys dont think a quick striking attack for some characters like Sindel, Shang, cyrax to name a few wouldnt be nice?? they are easily pressured upclose and cant really do much to take the pressure off themselves.. maybe have it come out fast but then if blocked take punishment..

ill wait for the patch then ill suggest my ideas for each character..

Dark_Rob

Noob
It needs to be reverted/fixed. NRS goofed up BIG TIME with this...makes me question them quite honestly.
Well on the plus side, at least they realized it pretty quickly. I dont think it will hurt the Kano players though. Even without the super safe upball Kano is a super solid character.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
It needs to be reverted/fixed. NRS goofed up BIG TIME with this...makes me question them quite honestly.
like you mean leave it as is or go back to how it was before hotfix??

i love how it is now because he can get his foe off of him thats applying alot of pressure..

Dark_Rob

Noob
like you mean leave it as is or go back to how it was before hotfix??

i love how it is now because he can get his foe off of him thats applying alot of pressure..
It will still be able to do that. It will just be unsafe on block again.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
Characters having those types of moves don't have to be universal, it adds to character diversity. When you're being pressured, even KL spin can be beat, since it's not actually invincible, just fast. And everyone has invincible wakeup attacks. The problem is having major moves that require fast moves to be punished, i.e., Kung Lao's spin on block, Cage's flipkick, Kano's up ball (as it is now). Having moves like that do nothing but encourage turtle+twitch counter+slop gameplay. Kano's upball and Cage's flipkick should have real recovery when they land, and KL spin should have Kabal's runpast recoil on block. How does anyone who understands logic not think that is the way it should be?

Also, has anyone brought up the problem with KL enhanced spin being blocked standing vs some characters being unpunishable because their hitbox makes them block an extra hit? NRS might want to look into that.

Loot

the special effects
I don't understand the fuss about Kano's upball. I find it pretty easy to punish both offline and online.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
Yeah it's pretty easy to punish for me, too. Of course, I use Kung Lao, who has the easiest, fastest, and most damaging punisher of this type in the game. And I'll keep playing him as long as having a move like that grants advantages like that.

So Kano's Upball is already being nerved? already has? What exactly is being done to it and when?

Kano is already lacking IMO.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
It can be punished on wakeup with a properly read NJP by anyone.
lol are you serious? So he can just block and uppercut when you jump? You do know that they can see you jump before they have to input the move, and just uppercut your jump, right?

Loot

the special effects
lol are you serious? So he can just block and uppercut when you jump? You do know that they can see you jump before they have to input the move, and just uppercut your jump, right?
Yes, its a 50/50 kind of deal, just like Upball can be blocked on wake up and Kano can eat a quick frame attack. I'm not saying its something you should do, just simply listing options.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
so please people tell me why it's ok for some characters to have these attacks and not the rest?

as it is we'll just see Kung, raiden, ermac and subby winning the majority or tournaments yay. or being top 4 used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyke_out

Noob
So Kano's Upball is already being nerved? already has? What exactly is being done to it and when?

Kano is already lacking IMO.
Even pre-patch Kano wasn't lacking, and if they change his up-ball to how it was, He'll still have his low F+3 and will still be crazy good.

Fast projectile, with good recovery and high damage for a fireball, making him one of the best zoning characters in the game.
Nice anti-air in up-ball
safe pressure strings, and many can be linked into choke which is also safe and if it hits provide good oki options.
highest damage X-ray.

Kano did not and does not his up-ball be to be that safe. Of course as a kano player, I'm sure as hell going to use it as much as I can until they fix it.

I do wish they would add some sort of attack for Sektor because he doesn't have any wake-up maneuver to get rush down characters the fuck off. But I think if they were to do this fix the game would feel sort of uniform and boring..

Even pre-patch Kano wasn't lacking, and if they change his up-ball to how it was, He'll still have his low F+3 and will still be crazy good.

Fast projectile, with good recovery and high damage for a fireball, making him one of the best zoning characters in the game.
Nice anti-air in up-ball safe pressure strings, and many can be linked into choke which is also safe and if it hits provide good oki options.
highest damage X-ray.

Kano did not and does not his up-ball be to be that safe. Of course as a kano player, I'm sure as hell going to use it as much as I can until they fix it.
Are they going to revert his up ball back to how it was? Or some where in-between? What? Can't find info on it. Thinking Brady might have said something in a video about it?

I also played some Kano quite a bit before his buff and don't see anything wrong with his up ball as it is now, it's still punishable on quick reaction, just like Cage's up kick.

cyke_out

Noob
this is what Tom Brady said about the up-ball.

after the patch coming in a little over a week, there will be another tweak the day after. this tweak makes up ball more unsafe. most characters will get a fast special, some full combos starting w/fast jabs and fast mids.
So from that I assume it's going to be somewhere between how it was and how it is now.