What's new

Giant Atheist rally in Washington D.C.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

what the difference in yalls guy and this guy

like i told juggernaught yall make me sick and the hate crimes against christans need to stop.
God damn it. I'm sorry, but you guys are morons. THE KKK ARE CHRISTIANS who've condoned and committed HORRIBLE acts against people. They're your people, not ours. Go fuck yourself. Hitler was also a Christian.

People like you make me wish there's a Hell for me to hang out in, at least I won't be surrounded with idiots like yourself in Heaven. Is it really that difficult to use google and get some basic information...makes me really wonder how people like you can even manage to pump your own gas.

GNG Iniquity

Can't say I'll miss him. How people misspell so horribly with spell check integration is beyond me. See the red lines? RIGHT CLICK 'EM.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
God damn it. I'm sorry, but you guys are morons. THE KKK ARE CHRISTIANS who've condoned and committed HORRIBLE acts against people. They're your people, not ours. Go fuck yourself. Hitler was also a Christian.

People like you make me wish there's a Hell for me to hang out in, at least I won't be surrounded with idiots like yourself in Heaven. Is it really that difficult to use google and get some basic information...makes me really wonder how people like you can even manage to pump your own gas.
Hey man. Of course I love the enthusiasm, but let us try to keep this free of outbursts and such. Ignore the trolls, and just check out the info on the event if you're interested. And be happy to see other people of the MK community share similar views on the topic. :)

GNG Iniquity

Hey man. Of course I love the enthusiasm, but let us try to keep this free of outbursts and such. Ignore the trolls, and just check out the info on the event if you're interested. And be happy to see other people of the MK community share similar views on the topic. :)
I do agree with you! Unfortunately, I don't think he's trolling; that guy's been known for quite a while now for his dismal intellect. Some people you just have to yell at unfortunately lol

Sorry to derail the thread, though!

And be happy to see other people of the MK community share similar views on the topic. :)
And also be happy if people from the MK community share different views on topics. We all come from different backgrounds and have many different views, the one thing we all have in common here is we enjoy some Mortal Kombat! That and I think we all can agree Sheeva needs some buffs :)

YRemY

Noob
This topic isn't about people's personal spirituality, whether there's God or no God, or the horrible things people with skewed beliefs have done and continue to do under any banner--whether it be Christianity, Islam, atheism, etc. etc.--but people's rights being infringed upon today and that's a very real and very concrete issue that needs to be brought to light and civil discussion.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
To whom does the "you guys" refer in this instance?

The KKK also cannot be said to embody the Christian message, in fact, it is difficult to think of a group of people who resemble Christ in their actions less than the KKK. What would you think if I said Mao, Stalin, etc, are the faces of atheism and called them "your people"? Pretty disgusting, right?

I'm going to leave out historical issues with various religions or talk of religions in places that aren't the USA, as those really aren't all that important for the situation in the US today, which is what people uniting around atheism is about..

Currently Christianism is a massive problem in the US. Atheists remain the most hated and least trusted group by Christians in the US. Furthermore Christianist attacks on other religions, women, homosexuals, atheists are the biggest civil rights issues we have in this country right now. To say nothing of their assault on our educational system, political system, and hard push to destroy the barriers between church and state being possibly the greatest constitutional threat we currently face. And saber rattling against Islamic countries is a huge national security threat.

I'm in DC so I will go. But we are reaching the point that if you aren't christian, aren't straight, and aren't mail you need to push back against a mass of people that are openly hostile to you and would strip you of your rights if they had half a chance. See the current war on birth control for how nutso things have become.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
You know I live by this phrase"Don't be bound by common sense"in other words all because something doesn't make sense doesn't always mean its impossible.
You're right. But until we have a reason to believe anything we shouldn't believe it. If i told you your girlfriend was cheating on you, would you just automatically believe me? No... you would consider it a possibility and look for reasons to believe it. If you come up with nothing, then you don't believe it. Either way, just because something is a possibility doesn't mean it's probable.

Tell you the truth common sense is rare these days cause of the massive stupidity you see on a daily basis but also you say people 500 years ago were ignorant guess what....people are still just as ignorant.
This couldn't be further from the truth. People 500 years ago thought the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe. This might not be a big deal to you because it doesn't change your life but that's a BIG DEAL to know. We now actually KNOW how the universe started. Why or what started it is a different question, but come on... we are nowhere near as ignorant as we were 500 years ago. The average person during the renaissance period had roughly a 5th grade education. We now have the internet. We can literally look up how to do ANYTHING WE WANT on google. I would not say people today are ignorant unless they absolutely choose to be... which a lot of people do. The difference is, back then... people didn't have a choice.

All I'm saying is common sense is good but too much can be a bad thing.I mean if people didnt think outside the box you think we would be in the world we live in today?What if all the great minds that helped pave the way to what civilization is today just said this doesn't make sense.All im saying is theres nothing wrong with thinking outside the box.
Common sense is NOT the opposite of innovation. Unfortunately, this isn't an argument.

Besides I refuse to believe I came from a fish :p
Even though any historical museum, science book, and 97% of the academic world would tell you different? All of the proof and evidence is there man. You just have to look at it without it offending you. But your beliefs teach you to be offended so I can understand the way you feel about it. To each their own. Just don't tell my kids, or your kids for that matter, that they don't have the option to believe whatever they want.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
KKK aren't "real christians" a real Christian doesn't do what they do, that's not what God and Jesus taught.

As for the retarded protestors in Seattle and these atheists in D.C. they're all nuts, like the tools who protested in NY Wall Street....

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You know I live by this phrase"Don't be bound by common sense"
Enchanted Arms!

Oh and also, this isn't a debate thread. We have a beliefs discussion thread, post debates and shit in there. I won't delete the posts that already are in this thread, but it stops now. This thread is for the meet-up, nothing else.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Saying that you don't believe in a God is taking quite the gamble. I know people who really don't believe in any God, but consider themselves religious "just in case".
In other words: being agnostic is the ultimate option select.

It's definitely top three, along with trolling and Marvel's grabbing system.

First off, I just wanted to say... All for freedom of speech and people of all world views being able to organize and speak their mind. That is what makes America great. So for those wanting to go to this rally, I totally support and respect your right to go and speak out in order to get the attention of the gov't, if that truly is the goal of this event (and I sincerely believe that it is).

I just wanted to point this out though

People 500 years ago thought the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe.
The bible clearly states that the earth is round and spherical in multiple instances.

Isaiah 40:22 - "It is he who he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth"

The Hebrew word for circle is "chuwg" - which when translated from the original text actually means Round/Sphere.

Again, not trying to stir anything up. Just wanted to point this out as it is one of the most common things that people throw out there - and it is accounted for on more than one occasion in the original, untranslated text.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Agnostics are atheists without balls.
That isn't really true of all of them. Most intelligent agnostics I've had the pleasure of knowing cliam there is no real way to know and that we have insufficient knowledge to reach a conclusion about the existence of a god or gods. At the end of the day, atheism will always be the rejection of the existence of God to me, and the reason why is because when I affirm faithin jesus Christ I affirm that reality is a certain way, I affirm that the Universe is the creation of God (methods and the time it took, whoever's time that was, is a separate issue), and so when somebody claims to be an atheist and rejects the "God hypothesis" if you want to call it that, they actually affirm that the Universe and reality as they know it is a certain way, too. There's is a godless creation (philosophically I find the proposal grossly insufficient). It is the same thing as affirming the symmetry of an object or affirming its asymmetry. Agnostics simply claim to be too ignorant to affirm one way or another... I say let them take that stance if it accurately reflects their view.