What's new

GGA Low/Mid Tier tournament - Help me choose a character

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
He seems to be getting alot of support so I figured I should look at some info about him.

My main issue is he doesn't seem to have a decent AA besides spin which does like 5% when you just clip with one hit. I doubt that'd stop many people from jumping, and most low tiers likely have worse footsies than Baraka and will have to jump in lots against him anyways.

But if he didn't have issues he wouldn't be low tier, now would he? :p
So just spin them if they don't stop. Profit ?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He seems to be getting alot of support so I figured I should look at some info about him.

My main issue is he doesn't seem to have a decent AA besides spin which does like 5% when you just clip with one hit. I doubt that'd stop many people from jumping, and most low tiers likely have worse footsies than Baraka and will have to jump in lots against him anyways.

4 to spark is more dmg and unbreakable

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I like how many of these low/mid tier tournaments Sub-Zero and Rain are eligible in but Mileena isn't, unless it's going to be online which would explain a lot. #Kappa

In all seriousness, is Han participating in this and has he picked yet? I'd bet his CSZ shenanigans would be glorious.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
If it was me I would go with Sub Zero. He does well vs everyone on the list, he is simple to pick up, and when people are playing new characters they tend to jump a lot which he can deal with the best. The mirror would be the only downside.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

That's the main thing I hated with Baraka. Risk-Reward for playing against anybody that knows this is high for an aggressive Baraka. It's like playing injustice against Batman..

Matix218

Get over here!
Noob saibot for sure. He has some pretty good stuff. 12, f33, b1, upknee, nasty corner traps, hi/low projectile mixups, teleport that punishes many projectiles on reaction and also can be linked with air to air hits, godlike throw. Come on Dizzy, give the shadow ninja a try!

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I think you should go with Sub or Scorpion. They play into your strengths of spacing pretty well, and also have that bit of a YOLO factor :)

But Rain is a close third...dat damage.