What's new

GGA Low/Mid Tier tournament - Help me choose a character

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Hello all,

In 2 weeks, GGA will have a for fun low/mid tier tournament (no mains allowed). I cannot decide what char to use, so I was hoping you guys could help me choose.

The list of legal chars (determined by Doc, the GGA owner) is below:

Scorpion
Rain
Sub Zero
Cyber Sub Zero
Noob Saibot
Jade
Sindel
Stryker
Kano
Nightwolf
Baraka
Quan Chi
Sheeva

I think Rain is by a good margin the best char on there, but I don't know if I want to bother learning his combos, lol. Other than that, probably leaning toward NW.

Who do you think I should use (learn) for this tournament?

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
For Johnny Cage player ? Stryker, dawg. Standing resets, actually has mixups, zoning, anti-zoning, why are you even thinking ? No Kappa. :joker:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
This is gonna be awesome lol. I say go with Noob and see how hard it is to win with that guy.

That would be cool if you guys ran these low/mid tier tournaments weekly or biweekly. I really love this idea.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Honestly baraka. I'm not saying that he's better than cage at all, but he is actually a solid footsies based character when played right, where with the right reads you can blow up anyone

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
If I don't play an Edenian I'd be Kano. I already have a sick Kano. Ask Tommy. I just need to learn his combos and I'd basically be a top Kano.
Jip B112 dash 212 dash b12 upball 37% midscreen meterless now go and choke those b*tches, bub !

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
"GGA Dizzy was last seen: Viewing thread Baraka Option Selects and J-Cancels"

I guess we know what character Dizzy will be using.
He seems to be getting alot of support so I figured I should look at some info about him.

My main issue is he doesn't seem to have a decent AA besides spin which does like 5% when you just clip with one hit. I doubt that'd stop many people from jumping, and most low tiers likely have worse footsies than Baraka and will have to jump in lots against him anyways.

But if he didn't have issues he wouldn't be low tier, now would he? :p