What's new

Geras OTG tech

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I need to try this and see if I can do this wih other characters too. It's so dope
I've tried it with other characters and it does work and will pick them up off the floor, but there's a catch, they can block.

I have a theory as to why it works with Geras. It's because Geras' 122 knockdown has an optional followup, and because of that optional followup I'm assuming that the opponent is still left in a combo state with their blocking disabled.

I tried finding other characters who had similar situations but couldn't find any. Although I don't know every characters strings. It's possible a few characters have the same ability

I've tried it with other characters and it does work and will pick them up off the floor, but there's a catch, they can block.

I have a theory as to why it works with Geras. It's because Geras' 122 knockdown has an optional followup, and because of that optional followup I'm assuming that the opponent is still left in a combo state with their blocking disabled.

I tried finding other characters who had similar situations but couldn't find any. Although I don't know every characters strings. It's possible a few characters have the same ability
To the lab I goooooooo. This some good info. Literally nothing like this happened for all the years of mk11. Only mk9 and x when everyone was labbing and finding stuff

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Can other kameos pick up as well? Kung Lao low hat? Or is it only ambush kameos?
Other Kameos can pick up, but none of them, from what tested at least, let you actually continue the combo. So like Goro and Lao Hat will pick them up off the ground, but they'll be able to block.

I also tested Summon Kameos using Geras' timestop then 122, but it looks like the OTG property is removed if 122 is used while the opponent is frozen.

Very good Geras Tech @Kiss the Missile
I'll definitely experiment with it when I have the time. I main Sindel/Rain but I'm having a character crisis with my third character and Rain honestly doesn't do it for me after the Cyrax nerf even though I found much stronger setplay with Jax than Cyrax had but the inability to cover his gaps on his Armor Geysers and his F21(Mid[Gap]Low) and the fact his 211 is a double high with gaps later and F3 is 28 frames startup kind of kills me because I used to play him with D3 Armor
Stryker may be the answer but you don't get water beam cancel combos off F24, only 211 and 11 and you lose all his setplay.
Didn't mean to rant
Any suggestions on a setplay character with good buttons. Really want to play SubZero or Reptile but just too many holes.

I'm not really on other characters setplay, I've only really bothered with Geras. His setplay potential has been a lab monster's dream lol
I need to go full on with Geras I just struggle with his gameplan. I'm not a grappler player and his buttons are strange with a very strange sand projectile. But if I used him I'd want to use Tremor, so many crazy possibilities with Crystalline Armor and the ambush reset/HTB setups

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I wouldn't try to play Geras as a grappler. His command grab is a high so you can't instill the same fear that a normal grappler can

I play Geras as a runaway whiff punisher. Not necessarily a zoner, but I'm always backing up so I can do annoying shit like set up clocks or throw sand at you. Then when you finally get in Geras has that nice advancing, safe, launching string in b1,2 and if you mess up and get hit, rewind. I have a whole guide on rewinding gaps you can check out if it turns out you like Geras and want to learn him.