What's new

General Shao General Discussion

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
what kameo have you guys been running for shao?? been using goro and it gives decent combos but not much else tbh

What are your 1st impressions for the General vs Khan?

I cant see a real game plan around him yet atm.

Mk11 it was all around D4, F4, 1 and sweep for me this and the occational jump in set up everthing for me and sometimes b3.

MK1 cant yet see anything amazing to lop around with apaprt from his 2.

Thoughts?

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
What are your 1st impressions for the General vs Khan?

I cant see a real game plan around him yet atm.

Mk11 it was all around D4, F4, 1 and sweep for me this and the occational jump in set up everthing for me and sometimes b3.

MK1 cant yet see anything amazing to lop around with apaprt from his 2.

Thoughts?
his overhead and low both hit on the same frame (20) so he’s definitely supposed to be paired with a kameo that lets him combo off his overhead to mix you

been using motaro and teleporting off overhead like in the kombat kast and you have enough time to link b2 into like 30%, no axe df2 ender is +15 knockdown so you have enough advantage to mix it again

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Edited the thread title as he’s not a “Kahn” in this game, he’s a general and known as “General Shao”.

his overhead and low both hit on the same frame (20) so he’s definitely supposed to be paired with a kameo that lets him combo off his overhead to mix you

been using motaro and teleporting off overhead like in the kombat kast and you have enough time to link b2 into like 30%, no axe df2 ender is +15 knockdown so you have enough advantage to mix it again
This seems like teh way but I cant find buttons for him to create some space like D4 from mk11 and plz just take his currnet sweep out of the game - the range is so bad I wiff and die for it all the time. Combos will come buy struggle to fins movement wit him idk.

The in-game frame data says b2 is -22 but it's definitely not because a poke will beat out armored slide. Does anyone know what the actual number is?

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
This seems like teh way but I cant find buttons for him to create some space like D4 from mk11 and plz just take his currnet sweep out of the game - the range is so bad I wiff and die for it all the time. Combos will come buy struggle to fins movement wit him idk.
his backdash is actually awful but his back walk speed has a very fast little burst, dont backdash like ever

The in-game frame data says b2 is -22 but it's definitely not because a poke will beat out armored slide. Does anyone know what the actual number is?
It also says that db3 is 0 on block when it is full combo punishable. Kind of annoying that all the frame data needs to be tested because in the menus is reliable.

NoCharge

Noob
Imo Shao got shafted again. No launching strings, no safe mix-up option compared to a lot of the cast, no promised armored launcher. I think the armored launcher was supposed to be his shtick, bring it back!
We are on square one, shuff bao!

Imo Shao got shafted again. No launching strings, no safe mix-up option compared to a lot of the cast, no promised armored launcher. I think the armored launcher was supposed to be his shtick, bring it back!
We are on square one, shuff bao!

Db3 is an armored launcher but it must combo into df2