What's new

GENERAL MK11 KONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
k but we have the CHOICE to decline your ass now.
I mean sure decline me all you want for not being on your skill level but it won't be because I'm on wifi. Because I'm not when I'm at HOME. Lol. Hence the joke plea of forced to lower myself to wifi while house sitting that you OBVIOUSLY missed. At home of course I'm wired in.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Game play wise:
1.) Make D4 either more plus on hit or have no push back on hit.
2.) Make the U3 wake up more punishable. Currently you can only punish it if your literally ontop of them
-There are so many wake up options that imo something needs to be toned down. Delayed wake up,
invincible u3, aa u2, get out free roll...
- I wouldnt mind all these options in a game like mkx where offense was a 50/50 fest and you could run on
your opponent on any knock down but in this game it feels too strong
3.) Make d2s more punishable
4.) Diable interactables for competitive play

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Oh one more thing that probably can’t be fixed at this point. Since fatal blows are used so often now, I would make them much shorter. That’s a personal preference obviously

KaeBlade

Noob
Game play wise:
1.) Make D4 either more plus on hit or have no push back on hit.
2.) Make the U3 wake up more punishable. Currently you can only punish it if your literally ontop of them
-There are so many wake up options that imo something needs to be toned down. Delayed wake up,
invincible u3, aa u2, get out free roll...
- I wouldnt mind all these options in a game like mkx where offense was a 50/50 fest and you could run on
your opponent on any knock down but in this game it feels too strong
3.) Make d2s more punishable
4.) Diable interactables for competitive play
5.) Make Fatal Blow animations shorter.
1) I think they made D4 that way so that it'll just be a poke tool and not for offensive pressure. They probably want us to also take risks with our offense and making D4 have more plus on hit or have no pushback goes against that idea. Poke with D4 to condition, then make a good read on when to use your less safer combo starters. I'm not a dev so I'm just speculating...

2) Doesn't U3 wakeup put both players back on neutral frames? As it is now, it's just a "get off me" move that forces both players to read each other again instead of letting the attacking player go ham on the other guy. All the defensive options are in place to discourage 50-50s of older MKs. They force the attacker to take the defender's def bar into consideration when deciding on when to press his attack or to bait out those options.

3) I agree with this one.

4) I think the devs want players to always be aware of each other's environmental options, not just what each character's move list is. Adds a level of control play that makes locations unique from each other.

5) I agree. Maybe add a prematch option to toggle it between normal and shortened that both players can set. Or make it default in competitive/ranked mode.

KaeBlade

Noob
He's obviously a wifi warrior that got too salty from being constantly declined lol
"obviously"? Poor assumption there cuz I always play wired. Instead of assuming, maybe just say something like "WiFi connections are likelier to be less stable despite good ping numbers so penalties for declining matches shouldn't take connection type into consideration. Penalize match declines for competitive and ranked vs. Period."

If you'd said that, you'd actually be contributing to the conversation.

Jesus, it's beta. Who cares about records, connections and level of play. I played everybody unless I was trying to get matched with my friends and I had a blast. Probably the most fun I had with figthing game ever.

Even Tyler said on Friday kast. You were supposed to play everybody even wifi players during this. Give NRS developers all sort of data they can use to make netcode even better. Lets' bash wifi and decline noobs after game drops.
Should definitely care about connections in a beta. Kinda the whole point

KaeBlade

Noob
I don't see the point for kompetitive when there's ranked and penalty for denying WiFi? Get out
IMO, VS modes are just pre-matchmaking lobbies really. Instead of adding multiple filters that players can toggle, a dev can just add several VS modes with preset settings to get like minded players to queue up together. There are so many things that can be filtered. Visible stats, leaderboard participation, region, connection type, wifi/wired, restricted variations, interactables, etc.

The biggest one would obviously be tournament restrictions. Some could also say that connection type should even be higher up on the list if it could be filtered for.

KaeBlade

Noob
Should definitely care about connections in a beta. Kinda the whole point
I think it'd depend on whose goals are trying to be met. The beta is not a demo. It's supposedly for info gathering to make the game run even smoother when it's released. We're supposed to help the devs find the bugs and "break" the game so that they can find the root causes and fix them. NRS is going to try to smoothen connections in general, whether it be wifi vs wifi, wifi, vs wired, or wired vs wired, the more data they have, the better their chances to add controls that can help everyone. Declining matches due to connection type goes against the goal of the beta. I acknowledge though that I'm making an assumption about the beta's objectives but I think the probability is high that they are still tweaking the game's networking. The beta's relatively free, can be enjoyed for what it has, but our satisfaction probably isn't the point of it.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
1) I think they made D4 that way so that it'll just be a poke tool and not for offensive pressure. They probably want us to also take risks with our offense and making D4 have more plus on hit or have no pushback goes against that idea. Poke with D4 to condition, then make a good read on when to use your less safer combo starters. I'm not a dev so I'm just speculating...

2) Doesn't U3 wakeup put both players back on neutral frames? As it is now, it's just a "get off me" move that forces both players to read each other again instead of letting the attacking player go ham on the other guy. All the defensive options are in place to discourage 50-50s of older MKs. They force the attacker to take the defender's def bar into consideration when deciding on when to press his attack or to bait out those options.

3) I agree with this one.

4) I think the devs want players to always be aware of each other's environmental options, not just what each character's move list is. Adds a level of control play that makes locations unique from each other.

5) I agree. Maybe add a prematch option to toggle it between normal and shortened that both players can set. Or make it default in competitive/ranked mode.
How are you going to use a d4 for conditioning when there is literally no risk for being hit by one. I actually don’t mind st all being hit by a d4. Puts me back at a safe distance where the opponent can’t safely continue any pressure

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
One of my suggestions is that you can preview character's special moves (like they did with the intros and winning poses) when making your own variations. While it was somewhat fine (perhaps a little inconvenient) for the 5 beta characters, with a list of 25+ there will be literally be hundreds of special moves to choose from and it becomes overwhelming.

One of my suggestions is that you can preview character's special moves (like they did with the intros and winning poses) when making your own variations. While it was somewhat fine (perhaps a little inconvenient) for the 5 beta characters, with a list of 25+ there will be literally be hundreds of special moves to choose from and it becomes overwhelming.
Or, even better, be able to set special moves from within practice mode. It was really annoying in Injustice where you had to go into the character screen to load the ability and then go out to a completely different section of the game in order to see how that ability works. It would be nice to just click it and try it out so that you can sample a bunch of different combinations from the same place without needing to preload a dozen or so variations to cover all the options just so that you can then delete most of them.

KaeBlade

Noob
How are you going to use a d4 for conditioning when there is literally no risk for being hit by one. I actually don’t mind st all being hit by a d4. Puts me back at a safe distance where the opponent can’t safely continue any pressure
I generally play on the back foot so I was using D4 mainly as an interrupt for opponents walking forward. Doing that a couple of times generally conditioned my enemy to hesitate moving forward and crouch. I'd then walk up throw or do a B3 hoping to catch them off guard. How you describe it, D4 should be more of a pressure tool. I did use it a bunch of times when the opponent was in the corner, banking on them trying a jump out. I'd catch them with a 3 or D2 then. I didn't really use D4 to open the opponent up into a combo.

1) On Recipe screen, allow option to show Forge Inventory.

2) On Recipe screen, show item names, not just pictures.

3) At the Forge, allow option to show Forge recipes.

4) On Recipe screen in Main Menu and in the Krypt, show what crafted items do.

5) When a recipe is successfully crafted, fill in the question mark with the proper item. Players shouldn't need to write it down or look it up. Everything should be contained in game.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
  1. Add an online filter, a player can choose either he wants to match make wi-fi only, cable only or both.
  2. Hide win odds ratio
  3. Allow players to customize Heads, arms and lower part of costume apart to increase diversity on how we customize our characters.
  4. Add options to color pallete for costumes and hair style pieces which one is able to choose from.
  5. Training Mode adds an online lag simulator, ping preprogamed to vary on spike from 10 to 80 selectable from 1ms to 400 ms at worse.
This 100% ^

WiFi vs Wired:
I want a matchmaking feature allowing us to choose between WiFi or Wired or both if you don't care. Honestly why is anyone using WiFi in 2019 at all? I'm the brokest mofo you know and I can afford a 100ft Ethernet cable for less than $5. It's not hard plug in a cable to the back of your modem/router and hook the other end into your XB1/PS4/PC.

WiFi is always inferior to wired connection in every way. The biggest reason I hate WiFi is because it's inconsistent and has ping spikes going from 60ms to upwards of 1000ms. It fluctuates no matter how good your internet is.

Wired is solid and stays consistently within 5ms on my PC/XB1 and always below 100ms inside the US and below 200ms abroad.

Win Odds need to go on Casual and it should never be the defining factor if an opponent accepts your challenge!
However MMR is calculated we don't need to see it before selecting Accept or Decline match. I usually decline WiFi though because I want to play at my best and be callenged not cheesed.

Online Training Practice Mode:
Is a great idea and having the option to set up 60ms lag through 700ms would be a game changer and very beneficial to upping online tech and strategy.

Character customization extended:

NRS said they would be supportive of MK11 longer than any previous mk and I'm very excited about this. The fact we can customize our characters is absolutely awesome even if it's behind a grind wall.
Having the ability to select hair style on any costume would be awesome. I personally love Scarlet but like a costume that has the ponytail instead of her pixy cut which I think is hot, having the capability to choose style, then hair, then color shader would be incredible. I want a black and grey costume on several characters and I'd be set.

It would be cool if the skins where not 5 different ones with 60 different colors. Instead we should have the styles of costumes to choose from and a color editor to customize it further. If you want it to be hard to aquire then add dye to be forged or found in the Krypt.