What's new

GENERAL MK11 KONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS

KaeBlade

Noob
Nothing. Extra Koins for the Krypt. I absolutely would not love it if they did this. lmao. Unless they make whatever it is they're giving to people with good enough internet, skill and time to do it available to everyone else who doesn't have the internet, the skill, or the time, then no.

I'm not missing out on dope ass skins or gear because y'all wanna feel special playing ranked lmao. I missed out on Liu Kang and Kung Lao's revenant skins because of that dumbassery. No. It flopped in MKX, it'd flop now.

Injustice 2 did it well. You'll unlock gear in towers, story, especially multiverse. There's a limited number of gear in MK11. You're not gonna be constantly opening boxes hoping you get a certain piece, because eventually, you'll have it all (unless they add more). Let me unlock all the gear and skins for my characters through Towers and Krypt.

Ranked players are getting bold.
I'm coming around to your position on this. I think the only rewards that'd be ok for Ranked leaderboard players to get would revolve around their player name/id:
- player title
- player icon
- player background
- a shiny new badge for their rank on their player id or beside their acct name

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I'm coming around to your position on this. I think the only rewards that'd be ok for Ranked leaderboard players to get would revolve around their player name/id:
- player title
- player icon
- player background
- a shiny new badge for their rank on their player id or beside their acct name
Yes. If you're good in ranked you should get bragging rights and that's it or stuff that I could get elsewhere (Like extra krypt koins etc). Give them titles, icons, backgrounds, badges galore. But gear, skins, stuff like that should be available for everyone. Period.

gitblame

Noob
I don't mind being declined in kasual matches. Who cares? If matchmaking is good and there are a lot of players you will be matched with someone who will like to play eventually anyway. If you don't allow them to decline, they will be leaving at character select screen. If you hide ranks they will leave after one match. If you penalise them for quitting, they will disconnect. If you penalise disconnects you will be hurting regular guys who really got disconnected because of some connection issue. Or people will find another dozens of ways to avoid being penalized for quitting.

Besides that, we will be able to play friends. There will be ranked competetive mode. I am not worried about this at all. We have already seen a piece of matchmaking technology in beta. I was definetly matched with players on similar level.

gitblame

Noob
1. Add an online filter, a player can choose either he wants to match make wi-fi only, cable only or both.
2. Hide win odds ratio
3. Allow players to customize Heads, arms and lower part of costume apart to increase diversity on how we customize our characters.
4. Add options to color pallete for costumes and hair style pieces which one is able to choose from.
5. Training Mode adds an online lag simulator, ping preprogamed to vary on spike from 10 to 80 selectable from 1ms to 400 ms at worse.
About your last point. That does not work that way. The option you see is that game will add 2 frames of delay to your training. It's the same delay you are experiencing online and it's always there. No matter if you play your oponnent at 50ms or 200ms. The delay is the same. What you are experiencing and why connection feels worse at 200ms compared to 50 ms is the rollback. Basically at 200ms the game usually has to rollback more often and more frames than in 50 ms. Obviously you can't simulate that offline because you can play both people both at 200 ms at avarage, but one will be much better than the other because connection is just more stable and game does not have to rollback that often and that much frames at once.

By example. I played guys from New Jersey and Texas in the beta. I am from Poland. The ping was about 180 - 200. But connection felt great. I also played a friend from Russia, connection was at average 140 and it felt much worse. I just got worse connection with my friend from Russia even tho we live closer to each other and ping was lower. The relation between ping in ms and general connection quality is not that simple as you would think.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I would like more throws to leave the opponent closer instead of launching them far away. This of course should be dependant on the character as zoners benefit from a throw that launches them away. But if a character has poor zoning/anti zoning then they should have a throw that leaves them a little closer.

With buffed dashes this might solve that anyways.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just to clear up some things.. The ranked math for the most recent couple of NRS games uses an ELO-esque system. Which means two things:

1) You can usually only reach a certain rank by beating other players who are also highly ranked (since the change mid-MKX)
2) The higher you go, generally the more players of higher rank you'll also be matched with when they're available

This means that usually once things start to settle, the system filters itself out. Anyone who declines you is probably not somebody worth playing anyway.

Right now at the start it's a mess, but it always starts that way. If you're good and you play enough to earn your rank you don't have much to worry about.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
People decline because they wanna find their friends or good competitors, not random mashers. For example, russian community in dd plays only with yourself, skipping nonames or non-dd players

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
No penalties for declining matches. If there's one thing I can't stand in certain multiplayer games are penalties that stop you from playing the game you purchased.

It's ptsd from the days when I had shitty DSL in my old small town and got disconnected a lot. Then would have to wait varying amounts of time before I could search for matches again. (looking at you Halo 3)

Never will I support that.

They HAVE to change enhanced moves back to R2. Im soooooo tired of picking up an interactable object in the background instead of doing my enhanced move.

But I had no choice. I use wired connection at home but but during the stress test I had to dog/house sit at someone's place so I brought my PS4 and their connection was WIFI... it's not my fault. I was home and on wired during the Beta!
k but we have the CHOICE to decline your ass now.

4) Incur a penalty for declining an opponent who has acceptable ping (<100ms), regardless of whether they are on WiFi or not.
What is the point of having a wifi/wired connection indicator if we are discouraged from using that to get the smoothest connections.

gitblame

Noob
They HAVE to change enhanced moves back to R2. Im soooooo tired of picking up an interactable object in the background instead of doing my enhanced move.
It can't be done this way. You input amplifying after you do your special. Imagine it's block button that it's doing amplifcation. You do your special and you want to block immidately because for example oponnent jumped over your projectile. But instead of block you would get amplified projectile and you lose your life and meter. It's way better this way, because now you just can't use interactables while you are in window to amplify move which is way less relevant.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I don't think declining people will be as prominent in the full game because people will be able to play casual matches with friends right away instead of trying to match with them for hours.

And declining people because they're on wifi has a simple fix: take an ethernet cable and run it from your router to your console. Not going to sacrifice playing with a stable connection for the sake of not declining someone who plays on wifi or has a ping that may or may not cause problems.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
They definitely need an online filter. Getting into a match just for the frames to spike once you are in sucks. I have fiber and still plugin. Theres a difference.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I think they could help fix this by introducing a named ranking system like every other fighting game already does. Win/Loss ratios mean absolutely nothing in a fighting game since a lot of wins and losses can be attributed to things other than simply getting outplayed. Named ranks arent perfect either but they at least help you get matched around your skill level and give a better image of how consistent you are