What's new

GENERAL MK11 KONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS

KaeBlade

Noob
Just thought I'd start a thread for non-character specific feedback that the NRS devs could maybe take a look at. :)

ISSUE:
Players are declining matches so much.
Some are ducking after seeing the oppponents W/L numbers.
Most are declining due to the opponent's network type and/or high ping.

Here are some ideas to get around this:

ONLINE VERSUS MODES
Have 3 VS modes for online; Kasual, Kompetitive, and Ranked

Kasual VS
1) Invisible W/L numbers
2) Invisible Win Odds
3) Invisible Rank (invisible yet should affect matchmaking. Players can be matched with players who are either one rank below, the same rank, or are one rank above them. Matchmaking selection range expands when an opponent cannot be found in 20, 40, 60secs.)
4) No penalty for declining matches

Kompetitive VS
1) Invisible W/L numbers
2) Invisible Win Odds
3) Invisible Rank (invisible yet should affect matchmaking. Players can be matched with players who are either one rank below, the same rank, or are one rank above them. Matchmaking selection range expands when an opponent cannot be found in 20, 40, 60secs.)
4) Incur a penalty for declining an opponent who has acceptable ping (<100ms), regardless of whether they are on WiFi or not. Penalty can maybe be in the form of a short lock out from queuing again.
5) Tournament rules and restrictions are active.

Ranked VS
1) Visible W/L numbers
2) Visible Win Odds
3) Visible Rank (should affect matchmaking. Players can be matched with players who are either one rank below, the same rank, or are one rank above them. Matchmaking selection range expands when an opponent cannot be found in 20, 40, 60secs.)
4) Incur a penalty for declining an opponent who has acceptable ping (<100ms), regardless of whether they are on WiFi or not. Penalty can maybe be in the form of a short lock out from queuing again, and/or a small hit at their ranking.
5) Tournament rules and restrictions are active.
6) Implement Rank Leaderboards and Seasons with seasonal rewards. Ranks reset with each new season. Rewards can be in the form of exclusive kosmetics, titles, player icons and backgrounds.

This is all I can think of at the moment. Everyone's input is welcome. Let's just keep things klean. ;)

KaeBlade

Noob
I think there other reasons people decline. They could be trying to match with a friend. Or they could simply be wanting to see their W/L ratio before turning the game off, and queueing is the only way to do it.
Great points! Since we're only playing the beta, the profile information section and the private match options are still unavailable. You can then just view my original post as a wishlist for the full game's online vs modes upon its release.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I was with you all the way until the last point. Please no rewards that are completely locked behind Online play. All gear/items etc should be available somehow regardless of if you prefer online or offline modes. EARLY access to a new thing being released? Yeah sure. But it should become available through other means soon after. There are still costumes I don't have in MKX because I am far too mediocre to win in ranked matches and it's simply not fun to play. I know there are plenty of players that don't think those of us in the Tyler Landsdown-Tier of players deserve to get access to the same rewards as them though so I'll probably get flamed with "git gud"s for daring to suggest that though.

KaeBlade

Noob
W/L don’t mean shit.
I’ve beaten so many 0% players and got bodied by 100% a lot.
If they don’t that’s bad for them. It’s a fighting game, not a statistic grinding bullshit. I can take loss anytime and if I beat any pro player I can say that I’m on the right track
Nothing wrong with your assessment. How one plays and measures their progress is really up to each player. A lot are like you who disregard statistics and really just focus on their personal idea of advancement. There are also a lot of players though who are not as astute about their own skill and feel that statistics help gauge their improvement. If the matchmaking system is great, everyone will continuously be matched with and challenged by similarly skilled opponents. Unfortunately, a matchmaking system for fighting games that factor in some form of skill only works with a numerical system. Statistics will have to come into play so that we get matched up with quality (near our skill level) opponents.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I was with you all the way until the last point. Please no rewards that are completely locked behind Online play. All gear/items etc should be available somehow regardless of if you prefer online or offline modes. EARLY access to a new thing being released? Yeah sure. But it should become available through other means soon after. There are still costumes I don't have in MKX because I am far too mediocre to win in ranked matches and it's simply not fun to play. I know there are plenty of players that don't think those of us in the Tyler Landsdown-Tier of players deserve to get access to the same rewards as them though so I'll probably get flamed with "git gud"s for daring to suggest that though.
No, I agree. NOTHING should be exclusive to online play. Keep rewards for the Krypt and Towers of Time. Not only because it's unfair to 'scrubs', but because some people don't have good enough internet to play online. Nothing should require you to play online to unlock it. I also don't have a handful of skins from MKX because of they're restricted to online only. Injustice 2 didn't have online only rewards and neither should this.

KaeBlade

Noob
Hmm... now that you mention it, I'd also hate to lose out on kosmetics because I can't reach the top of the leaderboards. :D
What kind of rewards though would be acceptably locked behind leaderboard progress? It has to be appealing enough to incite competition. Player titles, player id icons, player id backgrounds... these would be pretty ok as a bare minimum I think. Looking across the industry, there are a LOT of reward models in play that NRS can emulate. Smite locks awesome skins behind huge paywalls (buy 5 skin/voice emotes/announcer/pedestal/player frame bundels, get a couple of awesome character specific skins). SFV skins are also behind paywalls but can be bought with ingame currency. If cosmetic outfits or gear options were locked behind the leaderboard, would it be acceptable if they also released the same skin with a different color palette?

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Nothing wrong with your assessment. How one plays and measures their progress is really up to each player. A lot are like you who disregard statistics and really just focus on their personal idea of advancement. There are also a lot of players though who are not as astute about their own skill and feel that statistics help gauge their improvement. If the matchmaking system is great, everyone will continuously be matched with and challenged by similarly skilled opponents. Unfortunately, a matchmaking system for fighting games that factor in some form of skill only works with a numerical system. Statistics will have to come into play so that we get matched up with quality (near our skill level) opponents.
I believe there no such players in this community. At least I think so. Those people who called me a scrub for the hate towards zoning heavy characters can’t be like that.
The idea of the fighting game is to improve one’s abilities. Playing to get a good statistic is a no go. Those people you’re talking about need a real reality check.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Hmm... now that you mention it, I'd also hate to lose out on kosmetics because I can't reach the top of the leaderboards. :D
What kind of rewards though would be acceptably locked behind leaderboard progress? It has to be appealing enough to incite competition. Player titles, player id icons, player id backgrounds... these would be pretty ok as a bare minimum I think. Looking across the industry, there are a LOT of reward models in play that NRS can emulate. Smite locks awesome skins behind huge paywalls (buy 5 skin/voice emotes/announcer/pedestal/player frame bundels, get a couple of awesome character specific skins). SFV skins are also behind paywalls but can be bought with ingame currency. If cosmetic outfits or gear options were locked behind the leaderboard, would it be acceptable if they also released the same skin with a different color palette?
Certain titles and stuff like "Mortal Kombat Champion, July 2019" for example. You're the best for the month you get a title to brag about it. That kind of thing should be incentives for Ranked Leaderboards. Skins, Gears, Color Shaders, etc. not at all. At least not permanently. Early access so you can say you had the rainbow colored Kabal with pigtails before anyone else? Ok. But every other player that wants to rock that horrible abomination should be capable of aquiring it like a week later or so. IMO.

KaeBlade

Noob
No, I agree. NOTHING should be exclusive to online play. Keep rewards for the Krypt and Towers of Time. Not only because it's unfair to 'scrubs', but because some people don't have good enough internet to play online. Nothing should require you to play online to unlock it. I also don't have a handful of skins from MKX because of they're restricted to online only. Injustice 2 didn't have online only rewards and neither should this.
"Nothing should require you to play online to unlock it." I absolutely would love it if they did this. I agree because of your point about internet connection quality. It's 2019 already though... NRS is walking a tightrope of needing to appeal to the casual players, the competitive players, players who have a lot of time, players with not much time...

I think the Krypt would be great with it's own progression system and stuff to unlock. What could be a great reward for ranked vs players who are willing to battle it out in the leaderboards?

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Death to those who use wifi
But I had no choice. I use wired connection at home but but during the stress test I had to dog/house sit at someone's place so I brought my PS4 and their connection was WIFI... it's not my fault. I was home and on wired during the Beta!

KaeBlade

Noob
I believe there no such players in this community. At least I think so. Those people who called me a scrub for the hate towards zoning heavy characters can’t be like that.
The idea of the fighting game is to improve one’s abilities. Playing to get a good statistic is a no go. Those people you’re talking about need a real reality check.
I understand where you're coming from. It's one thing for stats to be used by player as a dick measuring tool. I can get onboard with what you're saying about this use of the stats. It's a completely different thing though when it is used to help the matchmaking system find you opponents who are near your level of skill. How can a fighting game estimate your skill level? There are a lot of systems out there in play right now from shooters, to real-time strategy games, to fighting games... all of them are based on stats. Some of them do a great job, some are gamed too easily... but the objective is nearly the same for all of them... match you up with people who are of similar skill. It isn't fun for expert players to always get matched up with beginners the same way it isn't fun for beginners to always get wiped out by experts. NRS is walking a tightrope on appealing to so many different kinds of players.

gitblame

Noob
Jesus, it's beta. Who cares about records, connections and level of play. I played everybody unless I was trying to get matched with my friends and I had a blast. Probably the most fun I had with figthing game ever.

Even Tyler said on Friday kast. You were supposed to play everybody even wifi players during this. Give NRS developers all sort of data they can use to make netcode even better. Lets' bash wifi and decline noobs after game drops.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Jesus, it's beta. Who cares about records, connections and level of play. I played everybody unless I was trying to get matched with my friends and I had a blast. Probably the most fun I had with figthing game ever.

Even Tyler said on Friday kast. You were supposed to play everybody even wifi players during this. Give NRS developers all sort of data they can use to make netcode even better. Lets' bash wifi and decline noobs after game drops.
“Even wifi players”... I’ve been playing wifi since MK9...

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
"Nothing should require you to play online to unlock it." I absolutely would love it if they did this. I agree because of your point about internet connection quality. It's 2019 already though... NRS is walking a tightrope of needing to appeal to the casual players, the competitive players, players who have a lot of time, players with not much time...

I think the Krypt would be great with it's own progression system and stuff to unlock. What could be a great reward for ranked vs players who are willing to battle it out in the leaderboards?
Nothing. Extra Koins for the Krypt. I absolutely would not love it if they did this. lmao. Unless they make whatever it is they're giving to people with good enough internet, skill and time to do it available to everyone else who doesn't have the internet, the skill, or the time, then no.

I'm not missing out on dope ass skins or gear because y'all wanna feel special playing ranked lmao. I missed out on Liu Kang and Kung Lao's revenant skins because of that dumbassery. No. It flopped in MKX, it'd flop now.

Injustice 2 did it well. You'll unlock gear in towers, story, especially multiverse. There's a limited number of gear in MK11. You're not gonna be constantly opening boxes hoping you get a certain piece, because eventually, you'll have it all (unless they add more). Let me unlock all the gear and skins for my characters through Towers and Krypt.

Ranked players are getting bold.

KaeBlade

Noob

It's awesome to hear you also had a great time with the beta. I did too. *thumbs up

My original post is just a suggestion for how NRS can manage the possibility of players declining matches so much. I acknowledge that the reasons for the match declines are sure to be incredibly varied. You can just view my original post as a wishlist. :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
1. Add an online filter, a player can choose either he wants to match make wi-fi only, cable only or both.
2. Hide win odds ratio
3. Allow players to customize Heads, arms and lower part of costume apart to increase diversity on how we customize our characters.
4. Add options to color pallete for costumes and hair style pieces which one is able to choose from.
5. Training Mode adds an online lag simulator, ping preprogamed to vary on spike from 10 to 80 selectable from 1ms to 400 ms at worse.