What's new

Games that the majority think is God's gift, but you think it's actually trash

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
no. no. no. no. no. San andreas was Most likely the best GTA hands down.

1st mission as a black guy steal a bike!? where do you get better racism in a game?
but seriously the cheats and co op split screen (even though it sucked monkey nuts at least it had it) the storyline all of it was sooooooo good.
Okay you got me.. I did enjoy San Andreas.. but I completely lost interest after San Adreas. In my head for some reason I had vice city as the last GTA on ps2. I stand by my opinion post san andreas though.

BookBurning

Voidwards
The South Park fps on ps1 had more thrills, chills and spills.

There was a game back in the day on the 3do called "D". I think it was ported over to the ps1 as well, but I could never get my hands on a copy :'( Scariest shit I've ever seen in a video game and the scariest entertainment experience since the days of Bela Lugosi and Vincent Price. The only problem with that game was that it was an interactive movie. One playthrough and it was over. It was even designed to be like a movie in that it was over in 2 hours. I think there was a 'Good" and "Bad" ending but basically unless you really enjoyed the experience and wanted to repeat it, there was absolutely ZERO replay factor.
I remember D and I actually respect that answer. Touch'e.

Haha

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Exploring was fun, graphics were fine for what it was, atmosphere was great, puzzles were alright and the gatherers were legitimately creepy enemies; plus the whole fact that you couldn't really fight and had to run created a feeling of suspense that few games have. Also I don't really get your edit, you're pointing out something which was atmospheric not necessarily designed to "make someone scared."

I mean what do you find creepy or suspenseful in video games? I'd really love to hear your answer because it's either going to have to be.

Silent Hill. Or.

Nothing.

Because any other answer would just be completely weird and somehow retarded despite being an opinion. Somehow.
I know what you mean, they did their job well according to all the other people who play/love the game, i couldnt take it seriously though, it was overhyped by the majority, i thought the fact that you couldnt fight and had to run was good too, but i didnt find it creepy and that bothered me the most about it, once you get past the "this game isnt scary" point, your just playing a stripped down puzzle game with bad lighting.

Silent hill was creepy, i wasnt 19 year old playing it though, so that definitely put something on there. I remember playing The Suffering on ps2 and that was generally a creepy game for me too.
More recently i played Dead Space 2, the first time round i did the entire game in the dark with surround sound headphones and i loved it, i played it through on the hardest difficulty setting, allowing yourself 3 save games for the entire playthrough, and when dying means you lose 4-5 hours of gameplay, you do panic a bit more often, i think the game outdid itself, but is still not the most intense horror experience, theres a hell of a lot of shoot em up elements in your face that you do get drawn away.

Swinging it back around then, what horror games did you enjoy, or find creepy or scary. Can you recommend anything for me to take a look into playing? (Dont say slender :p)

BookBurning

Voidwards
I know what you mean, they did their job well according to all the other people who play/love the game, i couldnt take it seriously though, it was overhyped by the majority, i thought the fact that you couldnt fight and had to run was good too, but i didnt find it creepy and that bothered me the most about it, once you get past the "this game isnt scary" point, your just playing a stripped down puzzle game with bad lighting.

Silent hill was creepy, i wasnt 19 year old playing it though, so that definitely put something on there. I remember playing The Suffering on ps2 and that was generally a creepy game for me too.
More recently i played Dead Space 2, the first time round i did the entire game in the dark with surround sound headphones and i loved it, i played it through on the hardest difficulty setting, allowing yourself 3 save games for the entire playthrough, and when dying means you lose 4-5 hours of gameplay, you do panic a bit more often, i think the game outdid itself, but is still not the most intense horror experience, theres a hell of a lot of shoot em up elements in your face that you do get drawn away.

Swinging it back around then, what horror games did you enjoy, or find creepy or scary. Can you recommend anything for me to take a look into playing? (Dont say slender :p)
Yeah I actually understand you on that. If Amnesia proved to be un-suspenseful or creepy then I mean, there goes more than half of the enjoyment of the game out the window. I can see that. What games do I find creepy? Eh, they're few and far between really.

Silent Hill of course is a good horror game in my opinion. The combat sucks but the atmosphere is unparalleled along with the mythos surrounding the story. That game died for me though after Homecoming; Homecoming wasn't that great, the last good one was The Room. Still though, if you get a pair of headphones, sit in the dark and play any of them, it's a good creepy time.

Really that's about it. I love Dead-Space but I'm not so much scared in that game more than I am constantly stressed out if that makes sense haha. You always feel on edge in that game. I'm a huge fan of it though. The problem is that the whole "Survival Horror." Genre is a dead genre. It's not marketable like it used to and everything that used to be survival horror is now being turned into action, it really pisses me off. Dead-Space is the closest they've come to making an actiony game that I can still call a horror game, but there's nothing else.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Yeah I actually understand you on that. If Amnesia proved to be un-suspenseful or creepy then I mean, there goes more than half of the enjoyment of the game out the window. I can see that. What games do I find creepy? Eh, they're few and far between really.

Silent Hill of course is a good horror game in my opinion. The combat sucks but the atmosphere is unparalleled along with the mythos surrounding the story. That game died for me though after Homecoming; Homecoming wasn't that great, the last good one was The Room. Still though, if you get a pair of headphones, sit in the dark and play any of them, it's a good creepy time.

Really that's about it. I love Dead-Space but I'm not so much scared in that game more than I am constantly stressed out if that makes sense haha. You always feel on edge in that game. I'm a huge fan of it though. The problem is that the whole "Survival Horror." Genre is a dead genre. It's not marketable like it used to and everything that used to be survival horror is now being turned into action, it really pisses me off. Dead-Space is the closest they've come to making an actiony game that I can still call a horror game, but there's nothing else.

Silent hill homecoming was okay, i enjoyed it but not really as much as the older games that i can remember crapping my pants over back on ps1 at every noise, the combat in silent hill homecoming was reminiscent of old times though, that made it worryingly hard to get around your day to day running through dark streets on your own at night, i liked it overall but by no means does it jump out to me as one to play again.

If you like thrilling/twisted horror types, you should play Alice or Alice Madness Returns, both are extremely strange and wonderfully easy to get along with, but are also filled with the craziest shit you can imagine and keep a solid storyline which is actually very different to what you might expect from an Alice in Wonderland game.... i wouldnt say that its a play in the dark on your own sort of creepy game, but it is full of quirky characters that come out with the most obsurd and trippy things and the plot is quite dark.

Slade

Make It Rain
You were going in the wrong direction, FF1-6 were all pretty cool, especially part 6 in Japan or FF3 in north america,
you fight this maniac who is the advisor to a king that is taking over kingdoms and causing war, poisoning villages, hes a real asshole named Kefka, he offs the king, then blows up the world more or less after going through numerous areas assembling a very large cast of unique characters and a big battle. You'd think the game would be over but it's not. After the world is scorched and half destroyed in a big explosion after the battle with him, you wake up alone on a beach, you have lost all your allies and don't even know where Kefka is now. Kefka pretty much rules the world now and it's your job to stop him. You see alot of the old towns, half destroyed, run into people you met before in the destroyed world and reform your group. Probably one of the best RPG stories ever IMO.
I personally liked 9 and 10 as well
I've heard good things about 3, 6, and Tactics was pretty good too. I guess I just find myself overlooking those games because of how bad it's been in the last decade or so. lol

I kept on giving the franchise a chance. I said ok, the next one will finally be the one to restore glory to the series. And after waiting so many years, I've just... lost hope. lol

redeyes

Button Masher
Okay you got me.. I did enjoy San Andreas.. but I completely lost interest after San Adreas. In my head for some reason I had vice city as the last GTA on ps2. I stand by my opinion post san andreas though.
gta 4 just isnt the same as ps2 gtas i can agree

Justice

Noob
gta 4 just isnt the same as ps2 gtas i can agree
Yeah. Vice City was the shit for me. Although, I really enjoyed Chinatown on the DS with the drug dealer side quest and the hotwiring mini-game.

As far as gameplay goes, 4 was classic GTA with the floaty vehicle controls and all. I just couldn't buy into Nico as a main character for some reason and being a figting game player, the melee stuff was infuriating. To top it all off, I go online and get lucky enough in one of my first matches to get the "Shoot a Rockstar" trophy. That sumbitch just wouldn't drop but anyway.... I even pulled up the trophy list on the crossbar (I always do to read up on it. It makes me feel good :D) but the next time I played, the trophy was gone. Haven't played the game since.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
LoL and any other DoTA clone. DoTA is the original, get over it.
WoW and any other MMO where you are GenericAppearanceInGenericOutfit #981.276.928
MK9

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
SFxT.
SSF4. These two...just bleh. Too slow of a pace for me. Capcom in general is just going the wrong way with fighters...