What's new

Gameinformer May 2019 issue - Mortal Kombat 11

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I don't think I'd like Mileena or Shinnok being DLC. I'd rather see characters we haven't played for a while like Nightwolf, Smoke, and Sindel. Shang Tsung is good example of this.
Mileena is the obvious choice to make DLC and they would be silly not to include her. She is one of the series most popular characters and they would make a heap of money by making her DLC. Smoke will probably be DLC too.

I don't think a character like Nightwolf would be an obvious choice. I like him, but he is not really a massively popular character. If he is not in the main roster, I think he will miss out this one.

Derico

Banned
Well, i think the Kollector is the secret unlockable character AND the Krypt protagonist.

Mileena and Shang was supposed to be unlockable also, but after the leaks NRS got MAD and we payed the price. So they decided both will be dlc.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Well, i think the Kollector is the secret unlockable character AND the Krypt protagonist.

Mileena and Shang was supposed to be unlockable also, but after the leaks NRS got MAD and we payed the price. So they decided both will be dlc.
He’s in story so not much of secret but maybe, why are they mad ?

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
That huge leak broke their legs man, all the schedule, all the marketing plans...
Nah they have dlc decided for at least 3 months way in advanced. Look how early we got Shang Shun . The coding in putting in charcter vs waiting to do the last charcters which is dlc is planned out well in advanced

Derico

Banned
Nah they have dlc decided for at least 3 months way in advanced. Look how early we got Shang Shun . The coding in putting in charcter vs waiting to do the last charcters which is dlc is planned out well in advanced
Imo is visible how they rushed things after that.
It's just what i think, it's not the truth of what happened.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Didn't the leaks also say they weren't really sure who was dlc & who was base/unlocked because they were moving things around based on what was finished or not & when...

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Mileena is the obvious choice to make DLC and they would be silly not to include her. She is one of the series most popular characters and they would make a heap of money by making her DLC. Smoke will probably be DLC too.

I don't think a character like Nightwolf would be an obvious choice. I like him, but he is not really a massively popular character. If he is not in the main roster, I think he will miss out this one.
I agree. Like, for real, let's face it: Nightwolf and Sindel are extremely unpopular characters. It's sad, because I somewhat like Sindel. But I don't see a lot of people excited about them. Just like Stryker is some dude with guns and Li Mei is "popular" because of boobs.

I'm not sure about Smoke's popularity. Maybe if he is capable of bringing some dollars he will be considered, but honestly I don't know.

MK Led

Umbasa
Imo is visible how they rushed things after that.
It's just what i think, it's not the truth of what happened.
It’s simply not possible I think. Leaks suck but the marketing strategy is bigger than that and just keeps on trucking regardless of anything like that. All these things are indeed planned out in advance and not run by nrs but the marketing division of WB games - Boon name checked them on twitter a little while ago thanking them for doing a good job marketing mk11. There is no scrambling, just disappointment over stuff like leaks. Also they certainly don’t push characters from roster to dlc to punish leakers or anything like that.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
It’s simply not possible I think. Leaks suck but the marketing strategy is bigger than that and just keeps on trucking regardless of anything like that. All these things are indeed planned out in advance and not run by nrs but the marketing division of WB games - Boon name checked them on twitter a little while ago thanking them for doing a good job marketing mk11. There is no scrambling, just disappointment over stuff like leaks. Also they certainly don’t push characters from roster to dlc to punish leakers or anything like that.
yeah the dates of igns reveal, c2e2, game informers magazine release, ect ect cant be changed last minute because of a leak. They just ignore it & move on with the schedule.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah who knows, I do hope they dig deeper with the EG for sure. I think perhaps Cetrion, Raiden, Fujin and Shinnok I suspect were/are protector Gods who got promoted to EG status. Kronika could be an original Elder God who resigned her status so to speak eons ago.

We know they can create more via promoting other protector Gods ie like we saw them do with Raiden in MK 4 during the first timeline.

They can also demote you too as we've seen with Shinnok, I don't believe Kronika is more powerful than the EG as a whole because she clearly wants Shinnok to win, she would have stepped in the first time eons ago when he betrayed the others given their penalty.

Perhaps there's an official character of THE Elder God who would be their father similar to Zeus in a way OR maybe there's actual God who created her, got her pregnant knowing they'd fulfil his will? Who knows. I do hope they explain it though as MK goes on. Honestly, I'd love to see a comic series literally that's canon tying into the games JUST about the history of the Elder Gods, One Being etc, how they were all created and who created them if they created themselves etc or not.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I mean, the same could be said for Bo'Rai Cho, Tanya, and Tremor in MKX. The only guaranteed seller was Triborg. So while I don't clock Nightwolf's chances at being particularly high, I wouldn't put it past NRS either.