What's new

Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

REYTHEGREAT

i just saw the latest episode and WOW. i am in shock just like the rest of yall. i didnt read any books so i was not expecting this. now i cannot wait till the next one to see what happens.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
the red wedding reaction videos on youtube are gold
I'm still shocked by the amount of people who weren't spoiled by now.

Glad some people got devastated by it. I remember being really sad when I read it, but I certainly didn't break down and start crying.

chores

bad at things
I'm still shocked by the amount of people who weren't spoiled by now.

Glad some people got devastated by it. I remember being really sad when I read it, but I certainly didn't break down and start crying.
when i read that scene i ended up getting naked and burning the book then sitting alone in the darkness of my basement for a few hours. after that i called my mom and cried for awhile but it wasnt like a "big deal" i mean shit im an adult

Law Hero

when i read that scene i ended up getting naked and burning the book then sitting alone in the darkness of my basement for a few hours. after that i called my mom and cried for awhile but it wasnt like a "big deal" i mean shit im an adult
I don't doubt it. For me, it was like 4:00am since I just couldn't put the book down, but I was stunned for a few moments after it happened. Also, the Roose stab had a lot more...impact in my mind. It's been a long time, but I remember imagining Robb kneeling down, and then Roose coming up behind him, putting his foot on Robb's back, saying "Jaime Lannister sends his regards," then plunging his sword through Robb's back and out his chest. I'm sure I read it wrong, but that's the distinct image of that scene that I have in my head.

Anyway, I loved Robb in the books, but I hated show Robb's guts, as well as Talisa whatever's. I was sad for Cat and Grey; that's about it.

fong03

Noob
Ian reading the books along with the series but I have spoilered myself on a few things. I knew one of the character's fate but I had NO idea all of that was going to happen.

I just felt gutted. They really did an excellent job with that scene. The acting was amazing. Def one of the most shocking moments I've seen on tv. That's Martin for you.

Needless to say, I had to read ahead!!

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
I was like Wtf , last night episode was shoking to say the least . Poor Starks can't catch a break

Yeah, Ned dying, Robert, Renley, they were all shocking, but nothing quite like this. The "problem" is now the series will want to introduce new characters, but it is tough to get attached to someone new after something like this. You have learned not to fall in love. It is like "24" where you shouldn't get attached to anyone but Jack Bauer; however, there is no Jack Bauer in GoT, no one is safe.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Having read the books I was expecting this to happen just by looking at the title of the episode. It was still shocking nonetheless
lol This!

I remember watching at imdb the episode listings going like k episode 6 blah blah blah episode 7,8...episode 9 Rains of Castamere, yep they gon die.

Im crushed, Robb was my man crush in the series, a fuckin prodigy that made some bad mistakes. Still, i believe Walder Frey lost more in consequence of the RW than actual gain, yeah there's some perks with what he did but the bad outweighs the good.

chores

bad at things
. Still, i believe Walder Frey lost more in consequence of the RW than actual gain, yeah there's some perks with what he did but the bad outweighs the good.
well i mean i think its clear the Freys arent going to have a happy ending.

i think in order of likelihood (SPOILERS ALL BOOKS+SPECULATION):

1) big boss man Wyman Manderly gets them in the coming Stannis/Bolton conflict. He is the person that is closest to them with the means/hatred for a total wipeout or massacre of the Freys

2) ultimate faceless level Arya assassin does them dirty on her Westeros revenge tour

3) some combo of Azor-Ahai-Reborn-Jon-Snow and/or Dany wipes them in the final conquest

4) Stoneheart

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
Fuck this show man.

I remember when Ned died I vowed never to see this show. But then I began to love new characters.

Now there all dead.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
LOL... the ending of the season finale was kinda... weird. I mean I was expecting it not to be as good as last episode, but not much really happened. Oh well, guess we gotta just wait another year again, le sigh. At least True Blood, Newsroom and Dexter start again soon. And Falling Skies is back too.

To all of those who are thinking of giving up on the show because of the Red Wedding.

Just wait till the season 4 finale, you're in for some pleasant surprises ;) Not gonna spoil anything

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Whatever happened to ending a season on a cliffhanger? The last 5 min would have been the perfect time to introduce coldhands

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Law Hero

I cannot believe how badly they screwed up the finale Dragonstone scene. At all. It blows my mind.

It was one of the best scenes in the book, and the turning point in Stannis's character where he truly becomes the hero Westeros deserves. Not only that, it would have made for an excellent cliffhanger: we know the watch is in dire peril and sent ravens, Davos is learning to read, he gets the letter, Davos then puts his life at risk, but before the sentence is set, reveals a small sheet of paper with the Night's Watch Crest on it. I truly despise D&D. I know they hate Stannis and try to make him as evil as possible in the show, but just stick to the script if you don't care. I am just incredibly saddened by how badly and inaccurately he's portrayed now.