What's new

Game Informer - Ed Boon On Mortal Kombat's Biggest Misconception

I want a Motor Kombat game, like a spin-off game instead of minigame.
The kart games era is coming back, we have Mario, Crash, Sonic... we need a motor kombat that mix the cartoon style of these games with the gore that only mortal kombat have.
A roster of 50 characters with their own karts, and something like 20 tracks, nothing more.
50 chibi characters (simple designs) with 50 simple but cool karts, and 20 tracks, hours of guaranteed fun.
Even in the tracks they can add some hidden characters , we can easily have 60 characters between playable and easter eggs.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sry, i love kart games.

I just watched the video, and he dont look bored at all . In some interviews like the one that revealed Noob Saibot he looked anxious and tired, but on this video, doesnt look so. Mostly i believe he is teasing about a new game, but i really doubt he will stop making MK games.

I he kept doing them through the 3D era and later the lowpoint years of MK, and then spearheaded the revival with MK 9, i doubt he will hang the MK coat.

I think they're more bored of making MK/Inj on current consoles as well as desperately wanting to make a brand new thing to rejuvenate themselves.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I just find it too interesting that Ed puts out a poll asking if people would want Marvel VS DC, and then he says he was in a meeting with Marvel about a fighting game. I find it's more likely we'll be getting that game before they move onto something else entirely tbh.

But, I don't wanna worry or think about it too much tbh. We don't even have MK11 in our hands yet.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
If they want to try something new - fine. But at least they should keep adding content to MK11 to make that game Armageddon-ish in its final form. Could be even 6 years from now, I dont care. I love MK and want to have something brand new from the franchise. But you really think they will not try to make MK for new PS5 which is around the corner with use of newer engine?

I just find it too interesting that Ed puts out a poll asking if people would want Marvel VS DC, and then he says he was in a meeting with Marvel about a fighting game. I find it's more likely we'll be getting that game before they move onto something else entirely tbh.

But, I don't wanna worry or think about it too much tbh. We don't even have MK11 in our hands yet.
the big question is though will wb play ball with disney

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
If they want to try something new - fine. But at least they should keep adding content to MK11 to make that game Armageddon-ish in its final form. Could be even 6 years from now, I dont care. I love MK and want to have something brand new from the franchise. But you really think they will not try to make MK for new PS5 which is around the corner with use of newer engine?
Excellent question. Could be extremely silliness move take no advantage of new consoles and hardware generation power, and so, using a even better developed engine, and not release a new game .... very very interesting viewpoint .... after all, WB only cares about .... $$$$ .... so , why not keep the schedule running on , hummm ? ;) so far , so good.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
the big question is though will wb play ball with disney
Yeah that's the thing. I mean, if they think about the type of money they'd rake in with it then they should.

The only thing that's confusing to me is Marvel VS Capcom. What would happen with that?

Maybe Marvel wasn't happy with Marvel VS Capcom's numbers? Hm, idk. I don't keep up with Marvel VS Capcom so idk how it does or anything. I'd definitely prefer a Marvel game with a more realistic take like Injustice's though.

Idk how all of that works.

LeoMK29

Noob
I hope people buy the shit out of MK11 then. I like DC characters and I’m not even really into injustice. I don’t like Marvel, I know their movies are good but I don’t like any of the characters really, so I hope they don’t go that route. I just want MK. Or at least MK every for years with different games rotating in. I can’t wait 8+ years for another MK

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I’m calling marvel mmofg or something that idgaf about. But tbh, I’ve been hoping they’d extend their life cycles, and if they’re supporting mk11 long/well enough then I don’t mind, they should make what they want to, nobody wants a labour of... well.... labour. Let there be love.

If reptile isn’t in mk11 kp7 tho.....

I want a Motor Kombat game, like a spin-off game instead of minigame.
The kart games era is coming back, we have Mario, Crash, Sonic... we need a motor kombat that mix the cartoon style of these games with the gore that only mortal kombat have.
A roster of 50 characters with their own karts, and something like 20 tracks, nothing more.
50 chibi characters (simple designs) with 50 simple but cool karts, and 20 tracks, hours of guaranteed fun.
Even in the tracks they can add some hidden characters , we can easily have 60 characters between playable and easter eggs.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sry, i love kart games.
I mean with a CTR remake in a few months, what game’s actually competing for like 3 more generations...:DOGE I used to be legit obsessed with CTR, stayed up for days beating oxide. can’t wait for the full remaster.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Anything they do, I'm down. Period. NRS easily my favorite developer these days.

I think if you watch the rapid fire game informer interview from last week Ed elaborates a bit more as to what genres he'd be interested in.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
It's understandable that NRS might want to move in other directions creatively, but it would be commercial suicide to leave behind a genuine phenomenon like Mortal Kombat. It's a hugely successful franchise. MKX proved new life could be breathed into an old format if the will is there to be creative. MK11 could prove that theory again.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't know where the link can be found, but there was that interview where the NRS employee said they would be supporting MK11 for a looooong time. I wouldn't be surprised if that meant rather than releasing new MK games, they'll just use MK11 like a platform for releasing new content while they focus on other IPs.

That said, I would kill for a Masters of the Universe or Marvel fighter. I think a new Masters of the Universe movie is in the works, so that would make sense.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Honestly he's been doing MK longer than like half of this forum has been alive; it'd be strange if he WASN'T eager to work on something else.

Hope this means MK11 is finally the game to get long-term support longer than 1-2 years.
as long as they keep supporting MK11, they, NRS, can do whatever they please to do .... I mean, if then, now, releasing MK11 in 2019, they keep creating new MK11 DLC content for the next 6-8 years (that we, fans, will happily keep buying no matter what), they can create any new IP games and we will support that :).... but, if after 2 years from now then, they just abandon MK11, and only focus on doing other games, this will be a dick move ...... they can make/create others games without forgeting MK11 ! :eek: