What's new

Game Informer Answering Mortal Kombat 11's Lingering Questions

SeymorSlash216

Kahn Man
"Ah shit, here we go again."

The thing is: even if I was fine without having bare skin bull shit that's literally only made for eye candy material, we already have that. The men ain't dressed that realistic to time either or ready to look like they're going to fight. Put on a string noddle tank top and some super tight looking pants. Now try to throw some really decent kicks without either it being super uncomfortable or not working. My point is: they don't even really look like it makes sense with what they're doing.

I'm saying, why is it just the females made to look hyper realistic then with their outfit choices? And when has realism ever become a standard to hold in a fucking Mortal Kombat game? MKX did it fine and the outfit choices weren't fuck ugly.
The gear being ugly is simply an opinion, I don't see it that way, you do. Big deal. As far realism being a "standard" why is this a problem for them to aim for? They've mentioned part of their motivation for taking out x rays was to make the fight look a bit less ridiculous. It's simply a design choice and one that barely affects the game.

Slymind

Noob
Yeah, I'm definitely protesting for skin to come back.

I'm saying: don't fucking lie. Just say that you were covering skin for the sake of covering skin and making this game cater to a different audience. Which is more than fine.

Just stop trying to say "REALISM" because Mortal Kombat and realism do not go hand in hand. At. All.
The realism, the way i understand is: dressing up for the occasion.

In MK you have characters going to warzones, being an agent of the special forces and having tech at your disposal, why would not use that? While i think that the could give less "techy" outfits for diversity, there is a point to be made.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
The realism, the way i understand is: dressing up for the occasion.

In MK you have characters going to warzones, being an agent of the special forces and having tech at your disposal, why would not use that? While i think that the could give less "techy" outfits for diversity, there is a point to be made.
And I'd buy that but what special forces are half of these characters dressed to?

Just some of the outfits themselves don't even add up to me.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Pretty sure this was from all the backlash of having rain and baraka in mkx as npc

One can never be certain, but I feel like with the extended support time, NRS will be able to gauge the demand for a NPC to be playable and act accordingly, if they aren't already going to be DLC.
And, with what happened last time, at least one of them have to be DLC because I doubt they'd make the same mistake twice.
That said, my thought is that it'll be Sheeva and Sektor. Cyrax feels like he'll either stay NPC, or be customization options for Sektor.

Well NRS, if you are reading , care to address why you said "no loot boxs" then proceeded to fill the entire fucking krypt with them ?

You could have atleast made the first run through the krypt give guaranteed items and then the second go could be random.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well NRS, if you are reading , care to address why you said "no loot boxs" then proceeded to fill the entire fucking krypt with them ?

You could have atleast made the first run through the krypt give guaranteed items and then the second go could be random.
That's not the same thing man, the krypt always had mystery coffins dating back to MK Deadly Alliance for us to unlock and have maps/guides to tell us as the game goes on which ones are worth unlocking first. Loot boxes however are 100% random, it's like fucking forrest gump. You never know what you're going to get....

I would have played Sonya if:
Now THAT is a badass outfit yet screams strong, sexy badass!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Between her looking like a Titan with a Ghost, Kollector literally resembling a Scorn in appearance and offense, and the laissez-faire "if it sucks now, we can just fix it later" Year One approach, I would swear NRS is going to the Bungie/Activision well on this game.

Now all that's left is for the DLC to be released overpowered as hell until they're eventually nerfed after the majority of purchases have already been made, and we'll be right on the usual NRS schedule.

That's not the same thing man, the krypt always had mystery coffins dating back to MK Deadly Alliance for us to unlock and have maps/guides to tell us as the game goes on which ones are worth unlocking first. Loot boxes however are 100% random, it's like fucking forrest gump. You never know what you're going to get....

Now THAT is a badass outfit yet screams strong, sexy badass!
I guess you didnt get them memo ... every single chest in the krypt is now random... every single chest.

MKF30

I guess you didnt get them memo ... every single chest in the krypt is now random... every single chest.
So are you saying the krypt is literally different for every single player? If that's the case then whatever, though it's still better than lootboxes because LB's were pretty much unlimited. The Krypt eventually has an end to unlocking everything. Do you have proof of this? If not my prior stance remains.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Yet they don't fix the website...

makes no sense. and im only a few replies into this post but did everyone hear what he said about dlc? It really can't be that hard to put out renders of characters. It sure was easy for them to put out more expensive editions of the game smh

So are you saying the krypt is literally different for every single player? If that's the case then whatever, though it's still better than lootboxes because LB's were pretty much unlimited. The Krypt eventually has an end to unlocking everything.
Yes everything is random and it will be different for every person. You can use in game currency to reset the boxes though so once you clear it out you can reset everything and do it again ... problem is from what has been posted a lot of the stuff is consumables and crafting items.

So essentially they put in loot boxes that use in game currency so that you will get tired of the rng and use real money to buy the item you want.

Its great for replay ability but so far from what is reported its gonna be like injustice 2 where you might never find an item ... unless you want to pay with real money.

Its bullshit, and I put most of the blame on WB, but NRS should atleast be honest.

MKF30

Yes everything is random and it will be different for every person. You can use in game currency to reset the boxes though so once you clear it out you can reset everything and do it again ... problem is from what has been posted a lot of the stuff is consumables and crafting items.

So essentially they put in loot boxes that use in game currency so that you will get tired of the rng and use real money to buy the item you want.

Its great for replay ability but so far from what is reported its gonna be like injustice 2 where you might never find an item ... unless you want to pay with real money.

Its bullshit, and I put most of the blame on WB, but NRS should atleast be honest.
Ok, well thanks for confirming that. I didn't know that, I am trying to avoid lots of things due to story spoilers(I'm sure you understand) even in non story topics. Ok so just read up on it, you're right however one thing I would wager is in terms of the costumes anyway I can't imagine it being as bad as I2 with that system. Just as far as costumes, reason why I say that is MK has always had several ways to unlock outfits which was also confirmed by NRS recently. Arcade mode, side modes, online, etc, etc I felt Injustice with some outfits did that with loot boxes and I hated that lol. It's possible with WB and the NRS thing with that, WB could have changed their minds late and NRS was like uhh crap lol. But yeah I'll probably grind for some things but if it's an outfit I must have now I'll probably buy lol. Depending.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Derek seems like a funny guy but I hate when someone is lying straight into my face. Ed's Twitter polls as a basis for roster? Listening to the fans in terms of roster? Well, I hope the part of reading TYM is true, so that he can read that here - STOP FUCKING LYING AND SPREADING MISSINFORMATION!
Please point me to where any NRS employee said that they prioritize poll results over everything else. (Which is assuming that poll results are even representative of fan demand, which they are not, because they are not comprehensive.)

I'll wait.

Because if they didn't say that, then they didn't lie, and you're getting your panties in a bunch because YOU decided to interpret an extremely vague, non-committal statement as some kind of blood oath to you personally to do exactly what you personally want.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
They should do polls inside the game. Who cares what twitter thinks? Let the people who bought your game decide lol.
This is a weirdly amazing idea. Like, it's weird in the sense that it's difficult to imagine them doing it, but it's also actually amazing because it reaches all MK fans instead of a particular demographic.