What's new

Game Informer Answering Mortal Kombat 11's Lingering Questions

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

• Derick konfirms they will be supporting this game for a long time, tho he doesn't mention a time frame he just says "we'll support this game longer than any other NRS title."
  • He konfirms the bulk of the cast is chosen by the story they're telling and the rest is what fans have been asking for.
  • He konfirms they check this site for our opinion, so don't be shy people let's be vocal about what we like/dislike once the game launches.
  • NPCs as DLC: he konfirms its misinformation, and goes on to say that there are SOME NPCS in the trailer but he doesn't name which ones. Seems like he's hinting that Sektor and Cyrax are NPCS tho.
  • Raiden's gibberish when he's doing the superman is not gone but it's different.
  • Unlockable characters on the website: konfirmed to be a weird website thing
  • Unlockable characters in the Krypt: dekonfirmed
  • They still talk about female costumes and wanting to be more realistic and representing the character itself (still not sure about that one considering the ABOMINATIONS they gave Cassie. Seriously, Derick if you're reading this, Y'all need to give Cassie some workout gear like in MKX 'cause that futuristic stuff won't fly with me, it's boring and doesn't represent her at all. Oh, and the colour palletes for Sonya and Cassie are ASS. Give them colours that pop like Johnny's stuff. And one more thing ABS AND BICEPS FOR SONYA, thanks <3).
  • He says there are more combo potential that we have yet to discover and that it does always depend largely on characters and if they're offensive based or not (so hyped)
  • You can use specific combination of consumables to help you through tower fights (we know this from another thread talking about the PVE aspect of the game)
  • Konfirms they will add more variations and they are looking into allowing custom variations
  • Towers of time, krypt, unlock gear requires an online connection to prevent hackers, to validate what you actually have. Klassic Towers offline, but you can only receive a specific set of rewards when doing it offline.
So that's the most important information in that video if you don't want to watch it all, though it's pretty good.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah I'm glad about the NPC part, and he confirmed that the the Switch and PC version were done by different development teams. From what I've seen so far they did a great job.

I'm hoping when Derek said "we have exciting stuff coming" it's more classic outfits and not just MK1, UMK3 outfits for the male ninjas.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Question:
"What feedback do you guys listen to?"

Answer:
"We listen to feedback on what characters people want. Ed Boon usually makes Twitter polls..."

Ed Boon does a Twitter poll featuring four characters. Three of those characters make it in. The fourth one (RAIN) doesn't, even though he got voted 2nd in the poll. BabyRage

MKF30

He also said story is an important element with the characters. So obviously for those protesting about Mileena and Rain, umm are they relevant in the story this time? There's your answer lol. I mean shit, I want Ermac BAD but I have prepared myself since he has not been shown at all in the story in any trailer and I'd wager he's as popular as Reptile or Rain by the general fanbase so...yeah. Now, I'm also a Fujin fan lol so nobody can be as depressed as us Fujin fans. The guy's been out of MK for literally over a decade.

SxS626

Noob
Question:

Answer:
"We listen to feedback on what characters people want. Ed Boon usually makes Twitter polls..."

Ed Boon does a Twitter poll featuring four characters. Three of those characters make it in. The fourth one (RAIN) doesn't, even though he got voted 2nd in the poll. BabyRage
rain is practically guaranteed for DLC at this point

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Question:

Answer:

Shhhhhh, if we don't get Rain, it's a higher chance we'll get Smoke.

trufenix

bye felicia
Question:

Answer:

The tears of the hundreds of people whining that rain won't be in bring him way more joy than the 10 people who will actually select him in game.

MKF30

FTR, and for what it's worth. NRS if you guys see this, please put in Ermac, Smoke and Fujin at some point. You won't regret it! At the very least 2 of them.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
They still talk about female costumes and wanting to be more realistic and representing the character itself (still not sure about that one considering the ABOMINATIONS they gave Cassie. Seriously, Derick if you're reading this, Y'all need to give Cassie some workout gear like in MKX 'cause that futuristic stuff won't fly with me, it's boring and doesn't represent her at all. Oh, and the colour palletes for Sonya and Cassie are ASS. Give them colours that pop like Johnny's stuff. And one more thing ABS AND BICEPS FOR SONYA, thanks <3).
I would have played Sonya if: