What's new

Game Informer Answering Mortal Kombat 11's Lingering Questions

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Are you saying Raiden needs to go to Vegas and recruit some hookers to defend earthrealm? :p
If you would've told me that was the new backstory for the edenians when MK9 released, I would have believed it. :p

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
NPCs as DLC: he konfirms its misinformation, and goes on to say that there are SOME NPCS in the trailer but he doesn't name which ones. Seems like he's hinting that Sektor and Cyrax are NPCS tho.
This makes me think that Cyrax and Sektor really might not end up being DLC since there aren't Krypt unlockables either. Maybe NRS thinks that Triborg counted as having Cyrax and Sektor as DLC like I did.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Yeah, nah. I'm sorry. I need to them to stop lying about this "the female costumes are realistic" shit. Shuuuut. Uuuuup.

That is such an overblown excuse for "We're covering them up with pretty ugly outfits." which is fine if they just wanted to say that but don't insult anyone's knowledge saying anything in this god damn game is "realistic". Please.

Mortal Kombat can be defined by many things. "Realistic" is not one of them. And I don't think anyone wants that.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Reguarding the NPC section of the video at 18 minutes to 18:20 he first was asked if Cyrax and Sektor are NPC's and he said he doesn't want to spoil that! Which leads me to believe they very well could be Playable on top of that Ed Boon had the French interview stating we will have secret unlocks in the game!

Later they asked Derek if Characters like Sektor and Cyrax are NPC and he hesitated then said ehh we'll go with that.

So I truley believe there is a strong possibility Cyrax and Sektor are playable characters! They have movesets a mix between MK9 and X and are separate characters not Triborg and are a huge part if the cannon story which Derek said is part of the main things that get characters a spot on the roster.

Either way we have secrets and I know who the NPC is in the trailer and it was confirmed in game:
Sheeva says NPC in game

So I have hope my boi Cyrax makes it in thank you @Vslayer

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Derek seems like a funny guy but I hate when someone is lying straight into my face. Ed's Twitter polls as a basis for roster? Listening to the fans in terms of roster? Great female outfits in game? Really? Well, I hope the part of reading TYM is true, so that he can read that here - STOP FUCKING LYING AND SPREADING MISSINFORMATION!
Your marketing team sucks, your official website sucks and it even depends on who from NRS you ask specific question, you will get different answer. That's hilarious!
BUT I have to admit that he acted wisely in one part - while deconfirming secret characters in the krypt. See? Wasn't that hard to not raise people's expectations unnecessarily.

And guys, don't expect Cyrax, Sektor and even Sheeva as playable chars...

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Reguarding the NPC section of the video at 18 minutes to 18:20 he first was asked if Cyrax and Sektor are NPC's and he said he doesn't want to spoil that! Which leads me to believe they very well could be Playable on top of that Ed Boon had the French interview stating we will have secret unlocks in the game!

Later they asked Derek if Characters like Sektor and Cyrax are NPC and he hesitated then said ehh we'll go with that.

So I truley believe there is a strong possibility Cyrax and Sektor are playable characters! They have movesets a mix between MK9 and X and are separate characters not Triborg and are a huge part if the cannon story which Derek said is part of the main things that get characters a spot on the roster.

Either way we have secrets and I know who the NPC is in the trailer and it was confirmed in game:
Sheeva says NPC in game
View attachment 14045

So I have hope my boi Cyrax makes it in thank you @Vslayer
Regarding Sheeva being marked as an NPC in the Kollection section, it was the same case for Tanya in MKX and she became DLC, so let's hope history will repeat itself with Sheeva

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me

Sheeva says NPC in game
View attachment 14045
That doesn't mean anything.

Tanya and Bo Rai Cho had NPC art in MKX. Both were DLC

SeymorSlash216

Kahn Man
Yeah, nah. I'm sorry. I need to them to stop lying about this "the female costumes are realistic" shit. Shuuuut. Uuuuup.

That is such an overblown excuse for "We're covering them up with pretty ugly outfits." which is fine if they just wanted to say that but don't insult anyone's knowledge saying anything in this god damn game is "realistic". Please.

Mortal Kombat can be defined by many things. "Realistic" is not one of them. And I don't think anyone wants that.
Just watch pron bro

SeymorSlash216

Kahn Man
Yeah, I'm definitely protesting for skin to come back.

I'm saying: don't fucking lie. Just say that you were covering skin for the sake of covering skin and making this game cater to a different audience. Which is more than fine.

Just stop trying to say "REALISM" because Mortal Kombat and realism do not go hand in hand. At. All.
They clearly mean "realism" as in the females look like warriors/fighters in a game about fighters competing in a tournament. Not sure why they have to be beholden to some strict standard of "REALISM" just because it's MK.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
They clearly mean "realism" as in the females look like warriors/fighters in a game about fighters competing in a tournament. Not sure why they have to be beholden to some strict standard of "REALISM" just because it's MK.
"Ah shit, here we go again."

The thing is: even if I was fine without having bare skin bull shit that's literally only made for eye candy material, we already have that. The men ain't dressed that realistic to time either or ready to look like they're going to fight. Put on a string noddle tank top and some super tight looking pants. Now try to throw some really decent kicks without either it being super uncomfortable or not working. My point is: they don't even really look like it makes sense with what they're doing.

I'm saying, why is it just the females made to look hyper realistic then with their outfit choices? And when has realism ever become a standard to hold in a fucking Mortal Kombat game? MKX did it fine and the outfit choices weren't fuck ugly.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
"Ah shit, here we go again."

The thing is: even if I was fine without having bare skin bull shit that's literally only made for eye candy material, we already have that. The men ain't dressed that realistic to time either or ready to look like they're going to fight. Put on a string noddle tank top and some super tight looking pants. Now try to throw some really decent kicks without either it being super uncomfortable or not working. My point is: they don't even really look like it makes sense with what they're doing.

I'm saying, why is it just the females made to look hyper realistic then with their outfit choices? And when has realism ever become a standard to hold in a fucking Mortal Kombat game? MKX did it fine and the outfit choices weren't fuck ugly.
I agree NRS is definitely being hypocritical and any objective person can see that. MKX looked awesome and the costumes had taistyness while not being slutty.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
I agree NRS is definitely being hypocritical and any objective person can see that. MKX looked awesome and the costumes had taistyness while not being slutty.
Yeah, but once again. How dare I critique anything the lords of good decision making NRS dictate.

By God, they claimed these outfits were realistic. BY THAT TERM, I should respect how fuck ugly some of them are and not say they're ugly and don't fit the characters attached to them. That's on me.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Regarding the costumes, all they had to say was: "We try to change things up in each installment, and this goes for the characters and their designs too. Our design team has a specific style they're going for in this game, and it's going to look different than previous iterations. We understand that not everyone may like it, but with all of the gear and alternate skins available in the game, we're sure that there will be something for everybody."

Just keep this "realism and maturity" nonsense away from me.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Regarding the costumes, all they had to say was: "We try to change things up in each installment, and this goes for the characters and their designs too. Our design team has a specific style they're going for in this game, and it's going to look different than previous iterations. We understand that not everyone may like it, but with all of the gear and alternate skins available in the game, we're sure that there will be something for everybody."

Just keep this "realism and maturity" nonsense away from me.
Exactly.

But no, it's "realism and maturity". Which happens to be the standard when it only comes to female costumes.