What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I see it differently: we have been guaranteed (by Ed Boon himself) that PC version will be as good as console version. It is recorded. It has been advertised like this. Nobody forced Ed to make these promises. He did it by his own volition, and it turned out he was lying. I wonder if you guys would happily hand over your guaranty cards, when product you've purchased no longer possesses advertised features. If WB had any ethics, they would inform beforehand that game might lose support at certain point.

Plus WB has now such a bad reputation among PC gamers, they might as well drop the whole PC market. Their decision is even stranger, knowing that PC port of MKX is now very decent (aside from online in some cases).

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Cause I bought the Injustice Vita port and that was trash, that's all I needed for a reference on ports. If it's not in house, I don't want it.
That's what I am talking about. Vita itself already struggled when IGAU became a thing, it wasn't easy to predict that they would drop it back then though.
We at least learned that they will gladly drop support of anything immediately if that suits them. Fine.

But could we say that there was a premise for PC port drop? Ever improving track record. Decent amount of sales. I didn't think there was.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I see it differently: we have been guaranteed (by Ed Boon himself) that PC version will be as good as console version. It is recorded. It has been advertised like this. Nobody forced Ed to make these promises. He did it by his own volition, and it turned out he was lying. I wonder if you guys would happily hand over your guaranty cards, when product you've purchased no longer possesses advertised features. If WB had any ethics, they would inform beforehand that game might lose support at certain point.

Plus WB has now such a bad reputation among PC gamers, they might as well drop the whole PC market. Their decision is even stranger, knowing that PC port of MKX is now very decent (aside from online in some cases).
It was though except for the botched release. MKXL is not MKX

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
We've had this discussion with so many clients....

"Sorry, we don't support IE9 anymore. You can continue using the product we sold you, but you can't upgrade"

"But we paid for it!!!!"

"No. You paid for a product, not unlimited unconditional support of that product."

Yes, losing support sucks for many end users. But there's nothing new, or evil about discontinuing support on a certain platform.

If you are upset you aren't getting KP2, that is a perfectly legitimate thing to be upset about. I use Linux so welcome to my world. But to say you are owed this due to your initial purpose is flat out wrong.
Are you seriously comparing an Internet browser losing support with THIS... are you fucking out of your mind???
Rhetorical question don't even bother answering cuz that would lower the IQ of everyone reading it and their neighbors across the street.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
That's what I am talking about. Vita itself already struggled when IGAU became a thing, it wasn't easy to predict that they would drop it back then though.
We at least learned that they will gladly drop support of anything immediately if that suits them. Fine.

But could we say that there was a premise for PC port drop? Ever improving track record. Decent amount of sales. I didn't think there was.
No in house team to continue support since everyone is probably onto the next title

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Apparently there was another which was fixing the game later on. So it's not like it was not possible to find someone and they could actually do it. Are you saying that PC market wasn't worth it to fund them further?
Maybe not to WB, I'm pretty sure they cut their losses on Arkham Knight as well. NRS obviously cares about their consumers enough to overhaul the netcode at this stage of the game's life. It might just be actually out of their hands. My thoughts anyway.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Here's my take on this. If they fucked you over before, you should've known that they would have done it again. Just common sense and following the trend of their fuckery
That's the whole deal mate that the console players don't want to comprehend, up till this point all the damn ports that HVS did on behalf of NRS and WB, ON PC, were OK.
Mk9 and Injustice worked fine out of the box for me so there literally was no reason to think the Day 1 screw up would occur or THIS BULLSHIT here.

Full blame has to go to WB. They're the ones who hired a shitty third party to make a PC port in an unreasonable time-frame. And I'm sure they're the ones who told NRS not to invest in new netkode technology and instead use shitkode from 2001. I'm never buying a WB game again. Maybe done with MK...

Who even knows. The most likely scenarios are:
A). Maybe NRS wanted to fix HVS' failure. They were completely set on it, but the amount of damage done would take an extremely long amount of time to fix, and considering most of the studio is moving on to the next game, then they just decided to drop it
Or
B). Same as above, but they were extremely intent on fixing it and porting all the DLC over. WB, however, doesn't want to fund it because of how poor the PC port sold, so WB cancels any further development on PC, they'll gain enough money as it is with all the new DLC they're releasing

Are you seriously comparing an Internet browser losing support with THIS... are you fucking out of your mind???
Rhetorical question don't even bother answering cuz that would lower the IQ of everyone reading it and their neighbors across the street.
Nice ad hominem attack. That always makes for a great counter argument.

Buying a software product does not guarantee you post-purchase unlimited support for that product. It just doesn't.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Perspective...

Those who bought MKX on PC now have to get it on consoles. If you're not among the PC gamers here, leave them be to brood. If you were them, you'de be pissed too.

Console gamers, like myself, are OK with console games being on PC - as long as it doesn't affect the console version negatively by one pixel or frame. If we think it does, then we want the PC version tarred, feathered, burned, and then thrown out into space.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Mk9 and Injustice worked fine out of the box for me so there literally was no reason to think the Day 1 screw up would occur or THIS BULLSHIT here.
You know, day 1 wasn't even that bad and it looks to me now that it was Steam fault, not NRS or even WB. Later on, things were looking up.

Maybe not to WB, I'm pretty sure they cut their losses on Arkham Knight as well. NRS obviously cares about their consumers enough to overhaul the netcode at this stage of the game's life. It might just be actually out of their hands. My thoughts anyway.
WB are probably cutting losses on entire platform. I didn't realize it was unprofitable for them though, of that at least porting KP2 would be. Oh well.

I don't blame NRS for discontinuation, by the way.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Nice ad hominem attack. That always makes for a great counter argument.

Buying a software product does not guarantee you post-purchase unlimited support for that product. It just doesn't.
Then all that is left to say is that... I hope you and the rest of the idiots that think what NRS and WB are doing right now is fair, get to go through this yourselves just like we did on PC and Wii U.
Here's hoping for the best!!!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I tried doing this and i got a automated message saying i won't be getting respones from them lol.
Figures. I didn't even get one when I reported about controller inconsistencies. Platform-universal at that. It wasn't fixed either.

That said, tech support isn't really the place to forward such messages to, so they do have a point...

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
You know, day 1 wasn't even that bad and it looks to me now that it was Steam fault, not NRS or even WB. Later on, things were looking up.
Dude stop being so damn OK with this crap... Day 1 the fucking game did not work and it kept on not working for 3 days on my end and AFTER all that I had to put up with 6 month of the game having memory leaks and it causing my GPU driver to crash EVERY 20 minutes.
AND NOW THAT THE PC VERSION HAS BEEN FIXED NRS&WB ARE TELLING ME AND THE REST TO FUCK OFF.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Then all that is left to say is that... I hope you and the rest of the idiots that think what NRS and WB are doing right now is fair, get to go through this yourselves just like we did on PC and Wii U.
Nah. Also no one said anything about being fair. Shit happens, business is business.
If it's not in house don't buy it. KI is I'm house, IIRC SFV is in house as well.

I didn't say they are doing right. I've even continually, reasonably acknowledged that it sucks to lose support.

I'm simply stating the fact that you've lost nothing guaranteed, nothing entitled to you.

Your purchase does not guarantee you unlimited post-purchase support.

You're content to just keep getting angry and calling me an idiot while I've just calmly presented you with plain facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.