What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
my friend it's not nice to troll like this, even if you're bored and have nothing to do.
I have plenty to do but I told everyone this would happen pre release. To all the people who aren't from the US I feel for them cause console prices are ridiculous overseas. Other than that meh

We've had this discussion with so many clients....

"Sorry, we don't support IE9 anymore. You can continue using the product we sold you, but you can't upgrade"

"But we paid for it!!!!"

"No. You paid for a product, not unlimited unconditional support of that product."

Yes, losing support sucks for many end users. But there's nothing new, or evil about discontinuing support on a certain platform.

If you are upset you aren't getting KP2, that is a perfectly legitimate thing to be upset about. I use Linux so welcome to my world. But to say you are owed this due to your initial purpose is flat out wrong.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

"Sorry, we don't support IE9 anymore. You can continue using the product we sold you, but you can't upgrade"

"But we paid for it!!!!"

"No. You paid for a product, not unlimited unconditional support of that product."

Yes, losing support sucks for many end users. But there's nothing new, or evil about discontinuing support on a certain platform.

If you are upset you aren't getting KP2, that is a perfectly legitimate thing to be upset about. I use Linux so welcome to my world. But to say you are owed this due to your initial purpose is flat out wrong.
Thank you

"But we paid for it!!!!"

thats a bad analogy

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
@TopTierHarley
Well then.
That said, I still don't know how could you call this outcome back then. Like I've said, NRS game ports so far worked fine for me and everyone I personally know and the memo was that PC versions were selling fine every time. Porting means update delays? Yes. Diversity of rig builds means possible compatibility issues? Sure. But that alone wasn't enough to expect discontinuation.

"But we paid for it!!!!"

As someone working for an organization that produces software among other things, demands to provide support for really old products, especially when end users have new and supported versions of it included in freaking bundles they've already bought can be rather infuriating.

Still, it's not like we want NRS to patch their MK9 for free nao, so the analogy is not entirely fair.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
@TopTierHarley
Well then.
That said, I still don't know how could you call this outcome back then. Like I've said, NRS game ports so far worked fine for me and everyone I personally know and the memo was that PC versions were selling fine every time. Porting means update delays? Yes. Diversity of rig builds means possible compatibility issues? Sure. But that alone wasn't enough to expect discontinuation.

As someone working for an organization that produces software among other things, demands to provide support for really old products, especially when end users have new and supported versions of it included in freaking bundles they've already bought can be rather infuriating.

Still, it's not like we want NRS to patch their MK9 for free nao, so the analogy is not entirely fair.
Cause I bought the Injustice Vita port and that was trash, that's all I needed for a reference on ports. If it's not in house, I don't want it.

"But we paid for it!!!!"

They've thrown out last gen, they're throwing out PC. They're admitting right to their audience that they'll gladly squat over and take a dump on any of them at any time if it's convenient to do so. We're monetary to them, they don't care about anything else. I don't want to support that.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
They've thrown out last gen, they're throwing out PC. They're admitting right to their audience that they'll gladly squat over and take a dump on any of them at any time if it's convenient to do so. We're monetary to them, they don't care about anything else. I don't want to support that.
Remember when NRS told everyone they would only be working on the X1 and PS4 versions pre release?

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Here's my take on this. If they fucked you over before, you should've known that they would have done it again. Just common sense and following the trend of their fuckery

But that does not excuse their actions. As a company that like to pretend that they listen to and care about their community. To blatantly fuck over a portion of their community, multiple times with the same game is disrespectful.

As a non PC gamer, I feel like you guys just got slapped and spit on. I know at the end of the day, they are a business, but the fact that they do shit like this, is just shady business practices. And a sign of the gaming community, and how easily DEVS will fuck their customers over.

Speak with your money people. Or make a petition or just go in on social media. This is next level fuckery.

Not even a simple apology or explanation. That's just childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.