What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris999

Noob
The real problem is that with a Steam DB update you can never be sure if something new is coming or if it's just a useless altering of names or IDs. So unless there is something official, we know nothing. We have seen in the past that troll factor here is huge.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
The real problem is that with a Steam DB update you can never be sure if something new is coming or if it's just a useless altering of names or IDs. So unless there is something official, we know nothing. We have seen in the past that troll factor here is huge.
This would be normally done by some kind of community manager, but we all know this good is also console exclusive with WB.

These aren't just change numbers though. Interesting. Could be something.

I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Going to leave all my hope in the closet for the time being. This doesn't sound promising enough as an actual thing that leads to the thing we care about.

Although, I'm starting to question as to if there is anything in MKXL that I need to enjoy the game more. I don't play people, and my connection is garbage regardless of the netcode. Tri-borg was the most interesting new content for me, but with everyone across the board saying they went overboard with nerfs (including people that don't normally jump to such conclusions), it's hard to be remotely excited about picking up a cyborg. Especially since the game sounds like it's in its final balance form. I do want under cover Cassie, but I don't think I can get it rocking a windows phone.

Going to leave all my hope in the closet for the time being. This doesn't sound promising enough as an actual thing that leads to the thing we care about.

Although, I'm starting to question as to if there is anything in MKXL that I need to enjoy the game more. I don't play people, and my connection is garbage regardless of the netcode. Tri-borg was the most interesting new content for me, but with everyone across the board saying they went overboard with nerfs (including people that don't normally jump to such conclusions), it's hard to be remotely excited about picking up a cyborg. Especially since the game sounds like it's in its final balance form. I do want under cover Cassie, but I don't think I can get it rocking a windows phone.
Well that's the thing. The game we have is already a very complete and fun game. The Mortal Kombat XL would add to this, of course, and would be great to have, but it's not going to make or break the experience I've had over the last year +. Others feel very different though.

And no, you'd need an iPhone and Android phone to get Undercover Cassie.

People are pointing out on the Steam boards that the changes are content being deleted, and the exact same content being re-added.

So this might be nothing after all.

Again, best to wait and see before getting all crazy excited.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
People are pointing out on the Steam boards that the changes are content being deleted, and the exact same content being re-added.

So this might be nothing after all.

Again, best to wait and see before getting all crazy excited.
It's hard to figure out what I'm looking at in terms of what exactly is going on. I don't know if the entries correspond directly to specific files or not and I don't see any way to compare an entry's size to what it's corresponding removal was. Everything else appears the same as far as you seem to be able to dig into them.

Outside of "somebody did something" I'm not sure what you are suppose to take away here. There isn't a lot of reason to update Steam if there isn't an actual update of some kind going on, but you would expect to see some sort of addition. But then that really depends on the kind of updates and what each entry represents. A character balance for example probably wouldn't cause a file structure change, but adding a stage or characters and their assets probably would. Really, it's just a lot of hopeful speculation by people that don't really know what the data they are looking at really means.

It's hard to figure out what I'm looking at in terms of what exactly is going on. I don't know if the entries correspond directly to specific files or not and I don't see any way to compare an entry's size to what it's corresponding removal was. Everything else appears the same as far as you seem to be able to dig into them.

Outside of "somebody did something" I'm not sure what you are suppose to take away here. There isn't a lot of reason to update Steam if there isn't an actual update of some kind going on, but you would expect to see some sort of addition. But then that really depends on the kind of updates and what each entry represents. A character balance for example probably wouldn't cause a file structure change, but adding a stage or characters and their assets probably would. Really, it's just a lot of hopeful speculation by people that don't really know what the data they are looking at really means.
Yup. Which is why I say, "Let's wait and see." ;)

It looks like there was just more activity for whatever it's worth. A branch was "rolled back", but something else may have been updated. Hard to say what's going on there. It's not the most readable of reports. We could be back where we started, or could be seeing additional activity.
https://steamdb.info/app/307780/history/
Interesting. Yeah, I'm not sure either.

In the past, Tuesday is when they'd typically release things (around 1:00 pm eastern).

So the earliest I expect we'll know if this coming Tuesday. If the updates have stopped by then and nothing happens, it's nothing. If we get nothing but updates continue, it could still be something.

Unless an actual announcement comes, all we can do is wait and see.

A LOT of red list of changes. Maybe they finally deleting this garbage from steam store.

Maybe we will finally get Krimson Ermac.

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Lots more activity all of a sudden.

A LOT of red list of changes. Maybe they finally deleting this garbage from steam store.

Maybe we will finally get Krimson Ermac.
So? You want Krimson Ermac but you don't want the game he requires? I'm not sure I understand how that works.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
What is all this activity I'm hearing about exactly?
This is probably the best place to get a sense of what's going on: http://steamcommunity.com/app/307780/discussions/0/368542844486285583/#p1

The short version is people are just starting to see that the PC version of MKX on Steam has been getting alterations of some kind. We have no clue what they are for or why. It's only interesting because we weren't expecting there to ever be updates or activity. The hopeful interpretation is they are trying to update the game with KP2 and whatnot, but there really isn't any way of knowing what it's all for.

Lots more activity all of a sudden.

So? You want Krimson Ermac but you don't want the game he requires? I'm not sure I understand how that works.
@VerminatorX tends to be a very sarcastic poster. Basically he's saying there's lots of activity and it could be something important, but it could also be a major letdown incoming.

I'll say what I always say: Let's wait and see. Some of the files being labelled "patch testing" though is encouraging.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
should be mentioned the first changes were listed as daily_qa, then there were the patch01,02,03,etc removal, and then these new ones called qa_testing being added.
ok. it could be a just a new stability patch, to test the waters for a KP2/XL release? possibly removing the old patches to make space for the new one.
EDIT:nevermind what I said, they seem to have updated the DB.
one interesting thing is that they updated some data in regards to the old updates, which is nothing new.
It's possible they are just reorganizing some stuff, deleting some useless stuff from the servers/DB, guess there's nothing new to see here.

Last edited:
I really would not be surprised if all these changes were just cleaning rubble and dead bodies after PC mkx disaster. Let us not forget neverrralm and wb milking entertainment have infinite creativity when it comes to dissapointing customers.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I really would not be surprised if all these changes were just cleaning rubble and dead bodies after PC mkx disaster. Let us not forget neverrralm and wb milking entertainment have infinite creativity when it comes to dissapointing customers.
Except in this case, we have no real right to be disappointed. We are running up to their house to look over the walls, and sneaking up to their doors to peek through the keyhole. We are the ones that got it into our head that KP2 is inside with them just because we see a pair of shoes on the floor we don't recognize. At no time have we seen KP2 or Mr. Netcode in the house. And at no time did anyone at NRS do or say anything related to this to lead us to any conclusions or make us think anything of any kind. It was our hopes and imaginations that did all of that, yet some really do sound like they are ready to act like we were further betrayed if this turns out to be nothing.

It's fine if we want to have fun speculating and hoping, but the truth of the situation has no responsibility to actually conform to any of what we dream up.

Maybe its towers change :DOGE
Not very likely. They have been able to maintain tower changes without doing this sort of thing up until now.

Except in this case, we have no real right to be disappointed. We are running up to their house to look over the walls, and sneaking up to their doors to peek through the keyhole. We are the ones that got it into our head that KP2 is inside with them just because we see a pair of shoes on the floor we don't recognize. At no time have we seen KP2 or Mr. Netcode in the house. And at no time did anyone at NRS do or say anything related to this to lead us to any conclusions or make us think anything of any kind. It was our hopes and imaginations that did all of that, yet some really do sound like they are ready to act like we were further betrayed if this turns out to be nothing.

It's fine if we want to have fun speculating and hoping, but the truth of the situation has no responsibility to actually conform to any of what we dream up.
People don't think like you (and I) though, and you bet if this isn't the content they'll be angry. Very, very angry.

Just like how everyone takes Boon's tweets too seriously/out of context and blows up when it's not what they expected.

Try telling them this though, even politely, and you're an asshole :rolleyes:.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I expect nothing, if it comes then well... whatever / fine; If not - no problem, i'm having a blast in KI on PC.

Last edited:

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Just like some ppl got their hopes up with Boon's tweets about 500k, they should learn from this. If I were a betting person I'd guess since these branches in Steam DB are called "wb_patchtesting" they might be patches for things that exist in current PC version of the game at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.