What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

trufenix

bye felicia
But it will be as announced during E3. Besides all that was in context of how other companies treat PC gamers in comparison to what WB recently have been doing in that regard.
Microsoft deliberated axed the 360 version of KI that was already in development to ensure the KI fans who had been begging for it for over a decade HAD to buy XBone. Supporting the dominant platforms is just business.

I think that opinion is kind of old hat after looking into it. Since aim assist is heavily incorporated into games such as COD, there isn't too much of a difference when using a Scuf controller (which gives access to all buttons and both sticks at the same time) to KB+M in a game such as this. Controller only truly gets shit on hard if it's a game that doesn't have any aim assist enabled for them.

For example on PC for BO3, mostly close quarters guns are better using controller, however guns such a sniper rifles the precision of mouse wins out since aim assist is disabled on snipers for controller users as part of a "balancing act". As such some snipers are pretty OP on PC.

Make no mistake, sticks don't match the precision of mouse at all. But the aim assist can make you do things that a mouse user could only dream of.
Honestly, I struggle taking you remotely seriously after this. In the friendliest way possible, you seem incredibly out of your depth here. I've played a ton of competitive fps games on PC, ranging from quake 3 cpma/ut200x, to CS 1.5 and TF2, and I will tell you there is zero truth at all to what you're saying.

The aim-assist of consoles will make you do things a mouse user can only dream of?! And yet there isn't a SINGLE fps game that is currently played that requires a fraction of the skill it took to play q3 cpma competitively. When you even prefer controller to 'some close quarter guns,' and that 'aim-assist helps balance it' that isn't the argument against kb+m that you think it is, that is your testimony of your incompetence with them. Aim-assist cannot compare to the aim of a seasoned quake (or any arena shooter) player, nor can any controller hope or dream to keep up with them. Even if their aim-assist would hit anything 1/4th of the screen within their crosshair, it still wouldn't be a comparable contest.

I apologize if you find this harsh, but when you talk so confidently and, I daresay, brazenly about something you're clearly entirely ignorant of, I can't help myself.
Just to clarify, PC hardware and software sales have been growing for years. How can something that is growing be dying exactly? Not to mention more and more ports are coming to PC now than ever. What you fail to realize is that a lot of PC gamers are into competitive games, so they don't care for the yearly Call of Duty and such. CS:GO peaked at 584,831 today and its usually higher than that. It doesn't have aim assist and is esports lol. Not to mention communities typically live longer on PC. Hell, I can fire up L4D2 right now and find a game, whereas its completely vacant on console. I can't believe I was sucked into this.
Pretty much.

I find it amazing there are so many people who say 'oh man, PC is dead, has been for ages,' when it's thriving more than ever, and you see more and more console games go over to PC. 2016 will be an awesome year for fighters on PC, for instance.

Anyone who discards PC or doesn't realize it's rising to be the biggest platform again is delusional (for whatever reason?) or outright ignorant of how things work on PC right now (which would make sense if they only own/engage in gaming stuff on their console nowadays.)

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
i have no idea, i deleted this game a few weeks back, then installed again (after the GGPO News) then, deleted.... again.... welp, fuck that, right now, i'm just debating if i should pick SFV right now, for the 4th Beta, or if i just wait till the game comes out....

yoo... the people saying that PC is a wasteland online... needs to make a quick visit to CS:GO community HUB on Steam..... lel

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
PC will be fine just as shitty as it always has been! but just because its not participating in the Beta program does not mean it wont have the patches later on.

if you are concerned then get Xbox One or Playstation 4. ive seen consoles sell for 250 used. and 300 new/refurbished. shell it out and you can be happy... to top it off.. NRS/WB is now selling MKX for 29.99 for a short time and 39.99 for special version combo...

I just got a XIM4 myself like 2 weeks ago. One of the best purchases I've made for gaming. PC is a wasteland for multiplayer on most triple A titles. I love KB+M and hate controller so I never switched before this, but now that I have I am so glad as the player base on PS4 is so ridiculously larger. If you are playing multiplayer games on PC for anything that's also on console you are missing out in most cases.
im very interested since you got that device, would you play mkx competitively with kb+m?

I mean... Not to be clingy, but tell me something is not going on here when they all see the thread then just ignore it.

as a fellow pc brethren this issue interests me as well, but i understand their (nrs employers) position.
obviously, they are not supposed to talk about this because they have no permission to talk about this. even boon didnt want/could talk about pc specifics and netcode.
im pretty sure this comes from top, since WB made huge misses with PC and they are cautious right now i bet.

All I wanted to say is that I'm a PC gamer, only owns a pc and is somewhat passionate about mk at the same time. I share exactly same fears and worries as you guys plus you already said everything that I had in mind, so there really isn't much to add from me. We can only hope this gets aknowledged from NRS ASAP. EVEN IF we do get improved netcode when it's ready (I have to be honest that I don't really care about beta so much), the silence practice from NRS in regard to PC is just unacceptable. They've been doing the same since game's release. Even though they did later release everything on PC also, but they never made a single development announcement regarding that version.

If I'm not mistaken pc version was sold at the same pricepoint as console versions, as a costumer I just don't and I'm not supposed to care whatever problems or lack of profit devs might have developing this version compared to console ones, I want my expensive product to be fully functional.

A final note: I've heard people saying that fighters on pc are dying or just not present. This is a huge lie, guilty gear X'rd sign just came to pc, we had a great USF4 port with fully functional online, we'll get SFV and Injustice, there were even rumors of tekken 7 releasing on that platform even though I don't know the status of this one atm, we'll get Killer Instinct soon. Just like a poster before me, I swear I'll never buy another NRS game if we don't get this netcode upgrade. As much as I love Mk universe, I also have my pride and I respect myself enough to do this if needed. Some people go buy consoles because of that, excuse my french but those people are idiots because they only further support those shady bussiness practices by doing that. I swear I'd rather buy a console because I already loved a game on pc and wanted to have a living room couch experience also than doing it other way around and buying it cause I was forced into it by those shady practices.

I swear I respect it way more if a company does not release a product on a certain platform at all than them selling a subpar product on that platform. I'm not an idiot and I certainly understand what this is aimed at. This is directly designed with an intention to sell a subpar product at the same price range, people get to love it, but can't enjoy it in it's entirety, that's why they finally buy a different plaform plus same game again. Don't believe me, I know a lot of such idiots myself. Excuse my language again, sometimes just can't refrain from it. Of course from financial perspective this is greatly profitable and we all know money is the only language those people talk in the first place. We all know such bussiness practices just aren't ethical, that's why I strongly encourage all pc players to never buy another NRS product if we don't get that improved netcode.

What NRS or any respectable developer should do is break the silence about future of the pc version and release their statements at the same date and in the same videos, tweets etc. they serve us console informations. I'm actually quite a patient costumers which understands pc coding can be a bit harder sometimes and require more time, I don't care I'll give them more time, I'm willing to give them let's say 2 weeks more time for any pc release, but they MUST ANNOUNCE what the hell is happening, not just be quiet like asses. This is just unacceptable and I swear to god this is my last NRS game if we don't get all the same content in due time. I just don't intend to go through the same process I went from april till now when Injustice 2 or MK11 comes out, I just won't do it. Believe it or not there is and will be plenty of great fully-functional fighters on pc, I'll go play those without any hesitation when NRS finally reaches my patience borderline. And believe me, it will happen soon.

And if I ever buy a console in the future, believe me I still won't buy a single NRS product. Even though I'd love to play it, I just won't do it. I believe in certain principles and I am definitely stuborn like that.

Last edited:

Pro7ect

Noob
im very interested since you got that device, would you play mkx competitively with kb+m?
Yeah that's a very interesting topic. Cause I specifically bought a ps4 controller to play MKX(since everyone said it's the the best way to play fighting games) but found keyboard to be so much more convenient. And it's not just a matter of being used to something - I actually played alot with both controllers and the keyboard is so superior IMO. Like, you use all your fingers simultaneously and you dont have to move them at all. I wonder why nobody uses keyboards on tournaments. Is it banned or smth?

So now I've heard about this XIM4 device and wonder if it'll work the same way it works with PC. Cause if it will - I'll totally buy PS4/XIM4/MKX just to have a proper gaming experience(patches, beta tests, actual people online lol) without struggling with console controllers.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Short history of the PC version players:

1. Where's the patch?
2. Where's the dlc?
3. Where's the online?
4. WHAT AM I DOING
If we're being real, the first step is actually "Where's the game?" seeing how the vast majority of it wasn't even available for the first few days to a week. If steam refunds had been a thing at the time, I guarantee MK X would've been pulled from the market like Arkham Knight was. They'd have absolutely hemorrhaged money from all the refunds people wanted at the time and couldn't have.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Yeah that's a very interesting topic. Cause I specifically bought a ps4 controller to play MKX(since everyone said it's the the best way to play fighting games) but found keyboard to be so much more convenient. And it's not just a matter of being used to something - I actually played alot with both controllers and the keyboard is so superior IMO. Like, you use all your fingers simultaneously and you dont have to move them at all. I wonder why nobody uses keyboards on tournaments. Is it banned or smth?

So now I've heard about this XIM4 device and wonder if it'll work the same way it works with PC. Cause if it will - I'll totally buy PS4/XIM4/MKX just to have a proper gaming experience(patches, beta tests, actual people online lol) without struggling with console controllers.
I've only found one downside to keyboard every, and that's using EX moves is surprisingly finicky, I believe because I'm inputting them too fast. Once I slowed down and started inputting the directions and attack+block as two separate inputs, it got a lot more consistent.

Another upside is that you can bind more than one of the same button. I have two up keys for instant airs, though I technically wouldn't need one of them if I wasn't so attached to the wasd configuration.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Just to clarify, PC hardware and software sales have been growing for years. How can something that is growing be dying exactly? Not to mention more and more ports are coming to PC now than ever. What you fail to realize is that a lot of PC gamers are into competitive games, so they don't care for the yearly Call of Duty and such. CS:GO peaked at 584,831 today and its usually higher than that. It doesn't have aim assist and is esports lol. Not to mention communities typically live longer on PC. Hell, I can fire up L4D2 right now and find a game, whereas its completely vacant on console. I can't believe I was sucked into this. I feel like I'm on a console wars site.

On topic; I think it would be terrible for WB/NRS to ignore the players still on PC despite the terrible launch. Keep what customers you can and try to fix it in the future.
BLAH.

Ok, let me just take back the dying thing and change it to this:

PC gaming is a niche market, with a handful of exceptional games with large player bases. Console gaming is the target for cross platform games with the data to prove it has more than 10x the player base. You can buy a cross platform game on PC, but dont be surprised if it turns out to be a ported pile of shit, with only a few thousand people playing. Be smart, and buy the games meant for console, on a console. The bitching about ported games is unfounded. You all should know better.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Honestly, I struggle taking you remotely seriously after this. In the friendliest way possible, you seem incredibly out of your depth here. I've played a ton of competitive fps games on PC, ranging from quake 3 cpma/ut200x, to CS 1.5 and TF2, and I will tell you there is zero truth at all to what you're saying.

The aim-assist of consoles will make you do things a mouse user can only dream of?! And yet there isn't a SINGLE fps game that is currently played that requires a fraction of the skill it took to play q3 cpma competitively. When you even prefer controller to 'some close quarter guns,' and that 'aim-assist helps balance it' that isn't the argument against kb+m that you think it is, that is your testimony of your incompetence with them. Aim-assist cannot compare to the aim of a seasoned quake (or any arena shooter) player, nor can any controller hope or dream to keep up with them. Even if their aim-assist would hit anything 1/4th of the screen within their crosshair, it still wouldn't be a comparable contest.

I apologize if you find this harsh, but when you talk so confidently and, I daresay, brazenly about something you're clearly entirely ignorant of, I can't help myself.

Pretty much.

I find it amazing there are so many people who say 'oh man, PC is dead, has been for ages,' when it's thriving more than ever, and you see more and more console games go over to PC. 2016 will be an awesome year for fighters on PC, for instance.

Anyone who discards PC or doesn't realize it's rising to be the biggest platform again is delusional (for whatever reason?) or outright ignorant of how things work on PC right now (which would make sense if they only own/engage in gaming stuff on their console nowadays.)
I'm not offended and had it been a year or more ago, I would have probably had the same sentiment.

I think the problem is that you are saying is "controller with aim assist wouldn't help me be better at a twitch shooter" which I don't doubt. The reason for that is many weapons in those games are projectiles that require prediction and precise aiming on a location. What I am talking about is current console games like COD that use hit scans. You do not need to lead or predict movement in this game, so leading your target isn't useful if you are using a controller with aim assist.

Here is a video that is a good example of what I'm talking about:

Basically to describe what I meant by that controllers with aim assist can do what KB+M users only dream of, this includes

-Detecting enemies through obstructions such as water, smoke, and even walls by having your aim stick to them
-Counteracting flinch (viewkick) when hit by bullets by automatic re-entering
-Preventing missed shots from overcorrecting

Also worth mentioning that aside from using High Caliber attachment on assault rifles and pistols, headshots are useless at most ranges in the lateat COD due to the low multiplier.

So, given this information, I think you can see how controller with aim assist can be superior in at least some situations for a FPS that was pretty much made for consoles. The games you listed are mostly older and/or PC centric games that were not balanced for console play and thus would have no meaningful use for aim assist. However the games I am talking about are console based FPS that are ported to PC (COD, BF, etc) which are also the ones with a low player base on PC.

Also I think this thread is now properly derailed, sorry.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
BLAH.

Ok, let me just take back the dying thing and change it to this:

PC gaming is a niche market, with a handful of exceptional games with large player bases. Console gaming is the target for cross platform games with the data to prove it has more than 10x the player base. You can buy a cross platform game on PC, but dont be surprised if it turns out to be a ported pile of shit, with only a few thousand people playing. Be smart, and buy the games meant for console, on a console. The bitching about ported games is unfounded. You all should know better.
"Wrong" again... if you (as a company) release a game in one platform, and ask full price for it... you have an obligation, to support the game, so if you cant support a game on multiple platforms, then, why release in the first place ?!

Dark Souls 1 is a great example... they said that they didn't had any experience with PC, but the community wanted, so they released anyways (half price) then, the community as whole, "fixed" the game, for the devs, hell, the PC modding community is the reason why, DkS became a "thing" in the first place, and it is the reason why the devs are respecting the platform (release of DkS 3 alongside the consoles)...

Last edited:
Let me start by saying I'm a PC gamer, and have been since 1997.

Quit fucking buying games on PC! The game developers are going to continually shit all over you. PC gaming is slowly dying and they know this. They just want to squeeze every last penny from it before they completely move on. YOU as a consumer should understand this by now as it's been happening for years. You cant fight the future, you just have to adapt.

If you want to use a keyboard and mouse, buy a XIM4 and move on. I use it for Battlefront and have never been happier.
This is fucking nonsense. By and large pc gaming stronger than its ever been. Yeah every year there are a couple of shitty ports, but if you're not a day 1 guy (which is more often than not a terrible idea even on consoles) you can largely avoid that. There are PLENTY of AAA ports that not only match, but are far superior to their console counter parts.

The fallout and skyrim series are universally considered better with far more expansive mod support. The Far Cry series has always looked better and run smoother on PC. Witcher and MGS again, better on PC. A few shit ports doesn't make the platform as a whole a bad place to game.

With that out of the way, its gonna suck if they abandon mkx and it will be the last time I support nrs. I'd say wb but I'm pretty sure they had shadow of mordor as well and that was an excellent port.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
It hasn't been confirmed. PC isn't getting the beta (neither is any territory outside the usa) but never trust a forum post for something as monumental as no more dlc / patch support for an entire platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.