What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sance

Noob
you have no idea how many times i did that and many other things
Well, shit happens sometimes, the point is that you're the minority (as weird it may seem, most people don't have issues) so you shouldn't generalize based on that without any explanation whatsoever.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
...chock full of unrepairable bugs (Batman)...
To be fair, as of beginning of the year the game was very much playable, and I haven't run into critical bugs. Occasionally I had a few crashes, but I cannot claim that the game was behind the problem. A patch was also released since then.

So while it sure took them quite some time to fix their stuff, it wasn't really "unrepairable". Like it was said before, avoiding such a disastrous launch was a matter of a delay and generally paying attention.

"This is what the PC community is bitching about? Man, people are horrible!"

<snip>

... and my guess is that these guys really don't remember the early days (around 2004) of Steam: it was a horrible piece of DRM, the launch day of Half-Life 2 was one of my worst gaming experiences and just look at where they are now! UWP and the Windows Store is already infinitely better than that and they'll improve too.
For the first part, I find this about the PC community in general. Often over-exaggerating or complaining for the sake of complaining.

For the second part, yes, Steam was a load of hot air when it launched and for years after. I love how it violated and "replaced" the EULA for Half-Life 2 as well, and also required a regular Online connection for an Offline game, something that was not common at the time.

So while it sure took them quite some time to fix their stuff, it wasn't really "unrepairable". Like it was said before, avoiding such a disastrous launch was a matter of a delay and generally paying attention.
The thing is, it's the same for Mortal Kombat X. The PC version of Mortal Kombat X is solid, and is indeed equal to the console versions of it's time, but we haven't gotten the additional content or improvements, and as such, people rip on the game more than they should.

Don't mistake me, I'm not justifying WBIE's actions at all and I'm voting with my wallet in the future, as I've mentioned before, but Mortal Kombat X on PC is not the broken piece of crap everyone keeps going on about, and it hasn't been for a very long time. It's simply (and sadly) missing some awesome new content.

I guess from a certain point of view, it's kind of like Mortal Kombat 3. For those too young to remember, Mortal Kombat 3 was ported to consoles (SNES, Genesis, PS) and also to PC. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, however, which is somewhat similar to Mortal Kombat XL, did not come to PC (Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, I believe), though it came to SNES, Genesis, and Saturn. But PC then got Mortal Kombat Trilogy, the final version of that game.

So who knows, if an Mortal Kombat XL: Komplete Edition is ever released, maybe... maybe...

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
The thing is, it's the same for Mortal Kombat X. The PC version of Mortal Kombat X is solid, and is indeed equal to the console versions of it's time, but we haven't gotten the additional content or improvements, and as such, people rip on the game more than they should.

Don't mistake me, I'm not justifying WBIE's actions at all and I'm voting with my wallet in the future, as I've mentioned before, but Mortal Kombat X on PC is not the broken piece of crap everyone keeps going on about, and it hasn't been for a very long time. It's simply (and sadly) missing some awesome new content.

I guess from a certain point of view, it's kind of like Mortal Kombat 3. For those too young to remember, Mortal Kombat 3 was ported to consoles (SNES, Genesis, PS) and also to PC. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, however, which is somewhat similar to Mortal Kombat XL, did not come to PC (Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, I believe), though it came to SNES, Genesis, and Saturn. But PC then got Mortal Kombat Trilogy, the final version of that game.

So who knows, if an Mortal Kombat XL: Komplete Edition is ever released, maybe... maybe...
I got the PC version after Christmas and logged over 300 hours on it since then. I've had it get stuck loading a mach for an extended period of time on all of 2 occasions. The only glitchy behavior I've seen beyond that is the character endings and credit roll run at about 2 FPS for some reason. The actual gameplay, mode transitions, and load times have been nothing but nails for me the whole time.

I know I'm only one use case, but I don't have technical complaints about my version of the game outside of the endings (which I never see.) I should note I've only played about one or two hours on-line total. That part of the experience doesn't feel ideal, but then I have nothing to compare it to be it the console versions or other FG's. I'm sure low spec players crawling on-line and dragging the gameplay speed down to their level isn't something the console players have ever had to deal with. It's probably fair for PC to take a point reduction on that one.

I personally think the PC version is still a good buy for the right person. The right person being someone that isn't looking to be competitive, or take the game super seriously, and is PC locked. There is still a lot of content and if you can get a good deal on it and don't care about Tri-borg, or how his deck keeps getting shuffled around, then there is still some value there.

Unfortunately for me, I did end up feeling serious about the game and now have to wait for the day I can get a console and current version of the game. I just hope it doesn't die of before then. That part doesn't make me real thrilled about the whole mess, but I can say I got everything I paid for and I wouldn't even know what the game was like had I not gotten the PC version. Someone who paid for the promise of future content probably feels differently.

rolex

Noob
Probably if there was some sort of "LAW" governing game devs they would not be doing this. If you cannot support a platform to the end do not make or port to a game to it. This has been going on for so long its becoming a norm. "Make bad ports to squeeze extra $$$ and later break the hearts of millions".

Honestly, I played KI on PC since release with my free Sabrewulf, and during these few days I had more fun than I ever had with Lag Kombat X on PC. Maybe it`s balance, or maybe flawless netcode, but I never got salty with KI, even when I was at heavy loss streak.

On the other hand, with Shit Kombat X I was getting mad already at char select, when I realized how much input lag is there.

I`m really tired of getting screwed in ass by WB/NRS and benting over to them for this content I would need to pay for anyway, and getting constantly insulted by Eyebrows` trolls. Fuck them and fuck this game.

Sance

Noob
The PC version of Mortal Kombat X is solid, and is indeed equal to the console versions of it's time,
Oh my, this is where I get to write a wall of text! :D Okay, I'm not going to be unreasonable because the fixed up PC version is perfectly functional... but on par with consoles? Nah, not in a million years. Let's see what problems the current PC version has the console versions simply don't have:

- The cutscenes are too dark on the PC port (it affects all cutscenes of story mode, the cutscene with Shinnok in ladder and all the character endings) - according to a Netherrealm employee who was kind enough to pop up on the Steam forums (he was the only one decent enough to that so props to him!) this happens because the in-game video settings (brightness, gamma, all that jazz) affect the brightness of the cutscenes while they shouldn't to that on consoles: of course the colours are perfect there.

- A weird glitch considering the colour of blood and "gibs" that doesn't happen always but it can affect a lot of characters. Here's an example of D'vorah having gibs with red blood while those should match the colour of her own blood (greenish blue):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446547021

Sometimes it works:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446547956

...but sometimes it doesn't to the point where I'm regularly seeing the dead girl Jason uses in one of his intros having bright green Predator blood.

- If you finish the ladder character endings will stutter. Weird thing: if you go to the page of a character to watch a character ending it will be perfectly fine.

- The game's stability is still questionable: on rare occasions the game can still slow down for a split second causing stuttering and crashes still happen on some configurations.

- If you go to the menu during the "Finish him / her!" state and then go back to the game the "Finish him / her!" sign will glitch out, causing you to see a red line flashing up in the middle of the screen.

- On rare occasions fatality animations simply doesn't happen... wow, the PC version has a "friendship" finisher: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429697173

You can find a lot more of these PC specific issues but I won't go on as I think I've already made my point: the PC port needs patching and further support and stating that it ever was on par with consoles is a very uneducated statement.

Honestly, I played KI on PC since release with my free Sabrewulf, and during these few days I had more fun than I ever had with Lag Kombat X on PC. Maybe it`s balance, or maybe flawless netcode, but I never got salty with KI, even when I was at heavy loss streak.

On the other hand, with Shit Kombat X I was getting mad already at char select, when I realized how much input lag is there.

I`m really tired of getting screwed in ass by WB/NRS and benting over to them for this content I would need to pay for anyway, and getting constantly insulted by Eyebrows` trolls. Fuck them and fuck this game.
Right, so make sure to vote with your wallet and no longer purchase WBIE products.

Oh my, this is where I get to write a wall of text! :D Okay, I'm not going to be unreasonable because the fixed up PC version is perfectly functional... but on par with consoles? Nah, not in a million years. Let's see what problems the current PC version has the console versions simply don't have:

- The cutscenes are too dark on the PC port (it affects all cutscenes of story mode, the cutscene with Shinnok in ladder and all the character endings) - according to a Netherrealm employee who was kind enough to pop up on the Steam forums (he was the only one decent enough to that so props to him!) this happens because the in-game video settings (brightness, gamma, all that jazz) affect the brightness of the cutscenes while they shouldn't to that on consoles: of course the colours are perfect there.

- A weird glitch considering the colour of blood and "gibs" that doesn't happen always but it can affect a lot of characters. Here's an example of D'vorah having gibs with red blood while those should match the colour of her own blood (greenish blue):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446547021

Sometimes it works:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446547956

...but sometimes it doesn't to the point where I'm regularly seeing the dead girl Jason uses in one of his intros having bright green Predator blood.

- If you finish the ladder character endings will stutter. Weird thing: if you go to the page of a character to watch a character ending it will be perfectly fine.

- The game's stability is still questionable: on rare occasions the game can still slow down for a split second causing stuttering and crashes still happen on some configurations.

- If you go to the menu during the "Finish him / her!" state and then go back to the game the "Finish him / her!" sign will glitch out, causing you to see a red line flashing up in the middle of the screen.

- On rare occasions fatality animations simply doesn't happen... wow, the PC version has a "friendship" finisher: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429697173

You can find a lot more of these PC specific issues but I won't go on as I think I've already made my point: the PC port needs patching and further support and stating that it ever was on par with consoles is a very uneducated statement.
- I haven't played Story Mode since launch, but the cutscenes looked great then.
- I've never once seen this incorrect blood colour you mention in 200 hours of play.
- Yes, the endings stutter, and this is the worst Offline issue I've still found with the PC port. They stutter from the character bio menus as well for me and others I know.
- You realize minor slow downs and crashes can happen with any PC game, depending on the configuration and how the game loads data. I sometimes have very minor slow down or stutter as a match starts during character intros Offline.
- I've noticed the "Finish Him/Her" bit you mention, but only that it stays on-screen a bit longer and then fades. Do we know if it happened on consoles as well at the end of Mortal Kombat X's life, or is it truly PC specific?
- I've never once had a Fatality animation not appear. Coincidentally, Kitana is also one of my mains.

Out of curiosity, what's your video card?

Overall though, the issues you mention are minor cosmetic things, and certainly not serious or game breaking. The lack of a Fatality animation would probably be the most annoying one, and you say it's rare and not consistent.

Sance

Noob
- I haven't played Story Mode since launch, but the cutscenes looked great then.
Do these colours look fine to you (took the screen with the default brightness settings)?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660401113

It shoud look closer to the in-game brightness, something like this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660401497

Looked like shit on day 1, looks like shit now. On PS4 though:
Wow, no burned out colours? Seamless brightness transitions between cutscene and gameplay? Unknown categories on PC and that's a bummer for me because I love the story mode. Best part: if you dig into the game's files and play the videos through a media player the colours are perfectly fine so it's clearly something HVS messed up and never even bothered to fix. What kind of a company is that?

- I've never once seen this incorrect blood colour you mention in 200 hours of play.
Well, that's your 200 hours vs. my 200 hours, of course there's a chance you didn't see it or you simply didn't notice. Fact: it happens, there's all the proof you need on those screenshots I posted.

- You realize minor slow downs and crashes can happen with any PC game, depending on the configuration and how the game loads data. I sometimes have very minor slow down or stutter as a match starts during character intros Offline.
Yes, I generally meant those but sometimes, depending on what the game is doing or what you're doing other stuff can happen too. For example there is a bug in the game where if I turn off hyper threading for my CPU the game starts to have random slowdown issues. I have an i7 CPU and when I look at CPU usage the game is clearly not pushing the cores to their limits... but it's still happening and I have no idea why. The game is still full of these very minor, inexplainable bugs and some of them are a bit worrying honestly: for example the blood colour bug indicates that sometimes the game can load up the wrong assets and if I'd have to guess extreme cases of that is what ends up crashing the game sometimes. That's just crazy.

- I've noticed the "Finish Him/Her" bit you mention, but only that it stays on-screen a bit longer and then fades. Do we know if it happened on consoles as well at the end of Mortal Kombat X's life, or is it truly PC specific?
It's a bug some later patch introduced and yep, it only happens on PC. Here's how it looks like, did a quick screenshot of it:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660401356

- I've never once had a Fatality animation not appear. Coincidentally, Kitana is also one of my mains.
This is one of the rarest bugs of all, during my 200 hours of playtime I had it happen around 3 times (twice with Quan Chi and once with Kitana). Seems PC specific to me because I'm sure I'd have seen it reported if it was happening on console too.

Out of curiosity, what's your video card?
A GTX 970 and I consider myself very lucky for that as apart from the memory leak everyone suffered from I've never had serious performance issues with the game... not thanks to the port but my - at the time - OP GPU.

Overall though, the issues you mention are minor cosmetic things, and certainly not serious or game breaking.
I'm not saying these are gamebreaking issues - apart from the cutscene colour bug because I consider that substantial if not game breaking -, I'm saying these - or at least 90% of these for sure - don't happen on consoles and because of that there was never parity with consoles when it comes to the technical quality of the game. The console versions simply have less bugs, they are just better put together software.

The bottom line is that even after all the patches that came out the game simply does not "feel" polished and stuff like KI does even at 1.0. That's how a good port looks like, MKX is just a bastard some incompetent external company shat out. These issues would only be fixed if the game got a second dev cycle thanks to MKXL and a competent development team.

Last edited:
@Sance - The cutscenes did not look like that for me when I played at launch, they looked like on console. I've also only heard of this cutscene issue rarely on the Steam boards.

- I'm not saying it didn't happen, as it obviously did for you, I'm saying I've never experienced it myself. I've also never heard anyone else mention it before either. That tells me that you're pleased by the game bug gods and have seen something we all haven't, or it's something to do with your rig specifically.

- Sure, okay.

- As I mentioned, I've experienced this as well, but I believe the line goes away. This was introduced in the September 2015 patch.

- I've also never seen anyone mention the Fatality animation bug you're experiencing on the Steam forum either.

- I have a nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, a card quite lower than yours, and I also never experienced memory leak issues that others were experiencing. A monster card is definitely not needed to play this game (of course it shouldn't hurt, either).

- It's not game breaking though because it doesn't prevent you from playing the game. If Story Mode is your fav mode though, I can see how that would be very annoying.

Overall, these issues are minor ones and many you're the first I've heard of experiencing them, and I've listened to people complain about the port since launch.

Take that as you will. For me, and many others, Offline at least, the port plays great and has for many, many months.

Sance

Noob
@Sance - The cutscenes did not look like that for me when I played at launch, they looked like on console. I've also only heard of this cutscene issue rarely on the Steam boards.
Yes, it did look like that for you too, you just didn't notice. As for why people didn't report it much: because people are idiots and sometimes they don't notice these glaring issues / they just don't care. "Why do you care, it's just story mode!" - I can't remember how many times I've heard this as a "reason" on why this is excusable: bullshit.

- I've also never seen anyone mention the Fatality animation bug you're experiencing on the Steam forum either.
Because it's rare and it won't cause you any headaches. Hell, I did not even mention it either, where it's relevant is the context of "hey, PC was absolutely equal to consoles at one point" because nope, it wasn't.

- It's not game breaking though because it doesn't prevent you from playing the game.
Sure, that's the classic definition of "game breaking" but what about breaking the experience? Story mode should feel seamless, if anything breaks that illusion then it's not working how it's supposed to. If that bugs you like in my case then that technically not game breaking issue will hurt your experience every single time you play story mode.

Yes, it did look like that for you too, you just didn't notice. As for why people didn't report it much: because people are idiots and sometimes they don't notice these glaring issues / they just don't care. "Why do you care, it's just story mode!" - I can't remember how many times I've heard this as a "reason" on why this is excusable: bullshit.

Because it's rare and it won't cause you any headaches. Hell, I did not even mention it either, where it's relevant is the context of "hey, PC was absolutely equal to consoles at one point" because nope, it wasn't.

Sure, that's the classic definition of "game breaking" but what about breaking the experience? Story mode should feel seamless, if anything breaks that illusion then it's not working how it's supposed to. If that bugs you like in my case then that technically not game breaking issue will hurt your experience every single time you play story mode.
Well, I'm sorry you've experienced these issues and they've lessened your experience. And I do mean that sincerely.

I have not, however experienced most of these issues, and it doesn't seem that many others have either (and my cutscenes looked absolutely great at launch. Maybe because I didn't adjust my in-game brightness, maybe not, but they looked fantastic thanks).

My experience with the product, especially since the September 2015 patch, has been that it was on par with the Mortal Kombat X console version. Offline, the game plays smooth and great. Sorry your experience isn't the same.

Sance

Noob
Well, I'm sorry you've experienced these issues and they've lessened your experience. And I do mean that sincerely.

I have not, however experienced most of these issues, and it doesn't seem that many others have either (and my cutscenes looked absolutely great at launch. Maybe because I didn't adjust my in-game brightness, maybe not, but they looked fantastic thanks).

My experience with the product, especially since the September 2015 patch, has been that it was on par with the Mortal Kombat X console version. Offline, the game plays smooth and great. Sorry your experience isn't the same.
Please, don't start acting arrogant and ignorant, you were so reasonable until this last post! Let's not fanboy out on me in this last step, okay? :D

I repeat: yes, the cutscenes looked like that for you too, you just didn't notice it. Trust me, I've researched this issue the best I could and I remember looking at the videos at day 1 and saying "wtf is up with that shit?" The only thing that could have changed your situation in that regard is if you were playing the game with an ultra high brightness setting because that affects the cutscenes too, that's the problem. If you're using a very setting it is possible to improve the cutscenes, in fact it's possible to reach the original colour balance... it will just mess up the in-game brightness in favor of having normal looking cutscenes. :D Basically upping the gamma in any way, shape or form improves cutscene quality to some effect so it's absolutely possible that it doesn't feel "wtf" if you see it on an increased brightness setting.

My experience with the product, especially since the September 2015 patch, has been that it was on par with the Mortal Kombat X console version.
Well at least you're talking about it subjectively now because the crystal clear fact is that nope, the game is not equal to consoles, it's an inferior product.

Offline, the game plays smooth and great. Sorry your experience isn't the same.
The offline experience is nice now but let's put everything into perspective. The current state of the game is how it should have been from the start: a smooth, stable experience overall that has some minor bugs here and there. Sorry if I'm not amazed that it took WB 6 months to get the game to that level.

Please, don't start acting arrogant and ignorant, you were so reasonable until this last post! Let's not fanboy out on me in this last step, okay? :D

I repeat: yes, the cutscenes looked like that for you too, you just didn't notice it. Trust me, I've researched this issue the best I could and I remember looking at the videos at day 1 and saying "wtf is up with that shit?" The only thing that could have changed your situation in that regard is if you were playing the game with an ultra high brightness setting because that affects the cutscenes too, that's the problem. If you're using a very setting it is possible to improve the cutscenes, in fact it's possible to reach the original colour balance... it will just mess up the in-game brightness in favor of having normal looking cutscenes. :D

Well at least you're talking about it subjectively now because the crystal clear fact is that nope, the game is not equal to consoles, it's an inferior product.

The offline experience is nice now but let's put everything into perspective. The current state of the game is how it should have been from the start: a smooth, stable experience overall that has some minor bugs here and there. Sorry if I'm not amazed that it took WB 6 months to get the game to that level.
I'm not acting arrogant or ignorant at all, but if that's what you wish to believe, go right ahead.

Sance

Noob
I'm not acting arrogant or ignorant at all, but if that's what you wish to believe, go right ahead.
Yep, that's called arrogance. At least read the post, okay?

A fixed game setting doesn't go and solve itself depending on a machine, it is literally impossible that the cutscenes were fine for you personally... unless you have some magical copy of the game that is different from the one that was released to the public last April.

"Hey, it doesn't happen to me!"
"Okay man, post a screenshot!"
"kay..."
"See, that's fucked up!"
"No it doesn't.... wait a second you're right, wtf is up with that brightness!"

True story, bro.

Sance

Noob
Aynway if you really want to prove something here you can absolutely do it: go to a certain kind of site, get a certain kind of download and look at the day 1 version. The proof is only a screenshot away from that point.

...or you know, just watch a Youtube video:

Oh wait, the brightness is fucked there, video from last April.

Excuse me if I sound harsh but basically all I was doing here since my first post addressing the current state of the PC port was posting hard facts and all I get back is the usual "well, that did not happen to me" fanboy excuse. Hell, at one point you even said you didn't get the memory leak, an obvious software error that everyone got and if I noticed it on a GTX 970 you sure as shit saw it on a 750 Ti (frak, the game literally started loading video data into the regular system memory after the GPU memory got full, that happens pretty fast on a 750 Ti and results in a big drop in performance). :D Damn, a friend of mine couldn't play the game properly on a GTX 670, a card that is a lot stronger than yours.

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Aynway if you really want to prove something here you can absolutely do it: go to a certain kind of site, get a certain kind of download and look at the day 1 version. The proof is only a screenshot away from that point.

...or you know, just watch a Youtube video:

Oh wait, the brightness is fucked there, video from last April.

Excuse me if I sound harsh but basically all I was doing here since my first post addressing the current state of the PC port was posting hard facts and all I get back is the usual "well, that did not happen to me" fanboy excuse. Hell, at one point you even said you didn't get the memory leak, an obvious software error that everyone got and if I noticed it on a GTX 970 you sure as shit saw it on a 750 Ti (frak, the game literally started loading video data into the regular system memory after the GPU memory got full, that happens pretty fast on a 750 Ti and results in a big drop in performance). :D Damn, a friend of mine couldn't play the game properly on a GTX 670, a card that is a lot stronger than yours.
I didn't recall the video's looking that way, but I loaded story mode to see if I overlooked it. It does look like what you show and there is a marked difference from gameplay. I feel like I wondered about it at times, but it's hard to say at this point and I didn't go in with any expectations of what they were supposed to look like. I probably just forgot about it given I really didn't give more than a half toss about the story, and since I always assume there will be some difference between movie and gameplay as some sort of unfortunate norm. (MK9 vids = yuck, yuck. My eyes, my eyes!). I'm way more bothered now as to why the endings and credits appear to be the same kind of video files, but don't run correctly while the story mode videos work fine.

I've seen the red line lots of times, and it's always been in response to me pausing the game while the end text is getting displayed. It's like the pause interrupts what it is trying to do and it has to start over after un-pausing but the line isn't removed. I don't know off hand how critical the timing is as far as it being repeatable, but after a moment everything corrects and is as it should be. As far as bugs go, it's about as low tier and benign as I can imagine a bug being. The console has had far more significant issues recently like an alien brutality bug, and disappearing hats. It's interesting if it's a PC only quirk, but “interesting quirk” is about as much as I could say against it. As far as its weight in the PC version is an inferior product discussion, it's a bit like saying $999,999.99 is not a million dollars. That may be technically true, but I'm willing to round up on that one.

What is the memory leak thing about? I'm not getting a clear picture from the discussion of what that is/was supposed to cause. Incidentally, I also have a 750 Ti.

Sance

Noob
I didn't recall the video's looking that way, but I loaded story mode to see if I overlooked it. It does look like what you show and there is a marked difference from gameplay. I feel like I wondered about it at times, but it's hard to say at this point and I didn't go in with any expectations of what they were supposed to look like. I probably just forgot about it given I really didn't give more than a half toss about the story, and since I always assume there will be some difference between movie and gameplay as some sort of unfortunate norm. (MK9 vids = yuck, yuck. My eyes, my eyes!). I'm way more bothered now as to why the endings and credits appear to be the same kind of video files, but don't run correctly while the story mode videos work fine.

I've seen the red line lots of times, and it's always been in response to me pausing the game while the end text is getting displayed. It's like the pause interrupts what it is trying to do and it has to start over after un-pausing but the line isn't removed. I don't know off hand how critical the timing is as far as it being repeatable, but after a moment everything corrects and is as it should be. As far as bugs go, it's about as low tier and benign as I can imagine a bug being. The console has had far more significant issues recently like an alien brutality bug, and disappearing hats. It's interesting if it's a PC only quirk, but “interesting quirk” is about as much as I could say against it. As far as its weight in the PC version is an inferior product discussion, it's a bit like saying $999,999.99 is not a million dollars. That may be technically true, but I'm willing to round up on that one.

What is the memory leak thing about? I'm not getting a clear picture from the discussion of what that is/was supposed to cause. Incidentally, I also have a 750 Ti.
The memory leak was in the game for about the first 3 months after release so there is nothing worry about now thankfully. Basically what it did was it prevented loaded up data to be flushed from the GPU memory so memory usage was stacking up until the GPU memory got full... Then the game started using up your regular system memory - which is much slower RAM than the GDDR5 you have on your GPU -, resulting in a performance drop and once the system memory got full a crash to the desktop in most cases. It was kinda crazy, I remember at one point MKX was using more than 16 gigs of overall RAM on my machine after a few hours of massive tower climbing. :D

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the current state of the port is bad and I think it's just silly that they dropped support now that they have a solid game to build additional content to. All I'm saying is that the development team deserves no clapping that it took them 6 months to get here.

Last edited:

Thank you, exactly. It's stuff that's so minor as to be knit-picking, which is why I say that the PC version of Moral Kombat X is on par with the console version of Mortal Kombat X (obviously not Mortal Kombat XL). No praise to High Voltage or WBIE is given, simply stating how the product is now and has been for several months, but apparently I'm just arrogant and ignorant :rolleyes:.

In terms of the memory leak, it's as Sance said, but it was patched out either around the Jason or Tanya patch, can't recall which. Ultimately it would cause the game to flat out crash, but this never occurred to me, so I likely wasn't playing sessions long enough to make that occur.

Sance

Noob
Thank you, exactly. It's stuff that's so minor as to be knit-picking, which is why I say that the PC version of Moral Kombat X is on par with the console version of Mortal Kombat X (obviously not Mortal Kombat XL). No praise to High Voltage or WBIE is given, simply stating how the product is now and has been for several months, but apparently I'm just arrogant and ignorant :rolleyes:.

In terms of the memory leak, it's as Sance said, but it was patched out either around the Jason or Tanya patch, can't recall which. Ultimately it would cause the game to flat out crash, but this never occurred to me, so I likely wasn't playing sessions long enough to make that occur.
"MKX PC is equal to MKX console because I don't care about the remaining PC issues" - Yep, still arrogant but at least a bit less ignorant because you gave us a proper explanation on why you didn't notice the memory leak instead of the "hey, it didn't happen to me" one. :)

Anyway just wanted to give you guys a head-up that this image exists:

Send it NRS, WB and Ed Boon through social media, it sure as hell is a better way than harrassing them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.