What's new

Guide - Sorcerer Full Sorcerer Guide by PND Ketchup

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Cant talk if you cant breathe!
#Tempboyzz
:DOGE
With your tendency to jump at 3/4 screen distance 90% of the time and jumping back once you sense incoming pressure hoping to land jumping punch 1, you will always lose the fight in the air against quan so i like my chances.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
With your tendency to jump at 3/4 screen distance 90% of the time and jumping back once you sense incoming pressure hoping to land jumping punch 1, you will always lose the fight in the air against quan so i like my chances.
You grossly underestimate how much Foxy knows this matchup.

You will not beat Kung Lao in the air as long as his J2 exists.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
You will not beat Kung Lao in the air as long as his J2 exists.
I'm sorry, but this simply isn't true. Quan does not have to respect ANYONE in the air, he owns the skies.

Besides his godly NJP, his Jumping 1 is 10 active frames with an enormous hitbox. Ive mentioned this before in my first sorcerer thread but maybe no one was paying attention. Quan is one of the few characters that can special cancel his jumping attacks on whiff, even during recovery frames in the air (This isnt even possible on ground attacks)

It can also be easily hit confirmed into 35%. so regardless of whether you read it or not, do a jumping punch (forwards or backwards). you dont even have to try and time it. It comes out extremely fast, stays active for a long time, and if they dont jump you can still special cancel into low skulls (safe if low enough) and avoid trip guards, or enhanced sky drop if they have something strong on the ground...you know, like anti air spins :D

Last edited:

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I'm sorry, but this simply isn't true. Quan does not have to respect ANYONE in the air, he owns the skies.

Besides his godly NJP, his Jumping 1 is 10 active frames with an enormous hitbox. Ive mentioned this before in my first sorcerer thread but maybe no one was paying attention. Quan is one of the few characters that can special cancel his jumping attacks on whiff, even during recovery frames in the air (This isnt even possible on ground attacks)

It can also be easily hit confirmed into 35%. so regardless of whether you read it or not, do a jumping punch (forwards or backwards). you dont even have to try and time it. if they dont jump you can still special cancel into low skulls (safe if low enough) and avoid trip guards, or enhanced sky drop if they have something strong on the ground...you know, like anti air spins :D
Wow, I just went back and had another look at your old sorceror thread, first response is "but most of this is already known bro...". And here we are, and people STILL aren't doing the shit you mentioned there. Thank you based TYM...

PND_Ketchup

It can also be easily hit confirmed into 35%. so regardless of whether you read it or not, do a jumping punch (forwards or backwards). you dont even have to try and time it. It comes out extremely fast, stays active for a long time, and if they dont jump you can still special cancel into low skulls (safe if low enough) and avoid trip guards, or enhanced sky drop if they have something strong on the ground...you know, like anti air spins :D
Any footage of you consistently anti airing top kung laos with NJP? Or any of these other supposedly godline air attacks? It's like you're forgetting that my experience has come from fighting the best Kung Lao.

I sense a lot of practice mode in a lot of your statements, and not much else. All you've given me is theory and practice mode videos saying about how it works so well, but you've given me zero proof of it working against anyone good consistently.

You keep questioning my style of sorceror, as you clearly have a problem with it. But I'm sorry, if your style of Quan is so god tier above everyone elses, where's your results?

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

Wow, I just went back and had another look at your old sorceror thread, first response is "but most of this is already known bro...". And here we are, and people STILL aren't doing the shit you mentioned there. Thank you based TYM...
There is a reason I choose to use my tech over his.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Any footage of you consistently anti airing top kung laos with NJP? Or any of these other supposedly godline air attacks? It's like you're forgetting that my experience has come from fighting the best Kung Lao.

I sense a lot of practice mode in a lot of your statements, and not much else. All you've given me is theory and practice mode videos saying about how it works so well, but you've given me zero proof of it working against anyone good consistently.

You keep questioning my style of sorceror, as you clearly have a problem with it. But I'm sorry, if your style of Quan is so god tier above everyone elses, where's your results?
I have already stated in the past that I am no longer a "great player". I am pretty old now, and my reflexes are not the greatest. However, I am still good and I am definitely skilled. I am someone who has always excelled at mechanics

I am not questioning your style, and I dont have a problem with it. I am only trying to help you enhance it. As for practice mode, once a week i go to my local ranbats and play with people like AoK Ryan, EMPR Warchild, RM I$AAC, Yung Bacon. I beat all of them in sets, and they are all guys who have gone to EVO, CEO, etc and have come out of their pools in Winners at tourneys they go to and have results (if that means anything to you. I believe Ryan came out in 17th, and I would think people know who Yung Bacon is)

I dont intend on travelling. I have no desire to be a "god tier" player, I just enjoy the game. Stop thinking I am trying to attack you

Help me help you...

I dont have to anti air kung lao with NJP. Literally if i decide i want to jump i will always do J1 regardless of whether i need to or not. there is never a reason you shouldnt, and you will always win against any character

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

1. Trip guard
2. Kung Laos jump 2
3. Ex spin

Youve just sent yourself to loser bracket 100% guaranteed because you think you own the skies against the great kung Lao.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'll give you that one. I suppose thats the only thing youve been right about :joker:

Ok, your experience of quan vs players that didnt make top 8, vs Ketchups experience of Quan vs an EVO grand finalist.

I'll definitely take ketchups word.

Even if he's wrong he's right, cause he has the evo medal, and you dont.:DOGE

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Ive already openly said that you are both better players than me, i dont know what the hell else you want lol.

Just because your methods work now does not mean there arent better methods, i am only trying to help. The game is two months old. If youve decided the games meta is fleshed out and your way of play is the only way and the best way and there is no way anyone else can come up with ideas then more power to you.

Damn europeans.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
As for practice mode, once a week i go to my local ranbats and play with people like AoK Ryan, EMPR Warchild, RM I$AAC, Yung Bacon. I beat all of them in sets
As much as I like all of them, a Goro main, a Takeda main, a Kano main, and a Shinnok main don't really compare to a 2nd place @ EVO Kung Lao main

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Man I must be reading all of this from some other perspective but it all seems to be blown out of proportion. Once again, @Gustavness is posting tech that give us OPTIONS. Whether you choose to use it or not, doesnt matter. But for anyone who has thoroughly tested it out and said "actually, i prefer this" then we should be discussing the talking points as to why one option is better, or simply differs from the other.

Im not gonna comment on the foxy v gustav crap above I will say that regardless of what level you player you are, anyone can find optimised combos. And what I see in gustavs vids are optimised combos. Yes they all start from f2122, but it took me literally 10 minutes to find alternatives from other starters that would allow similar damage and spell summon, just be utilising similar concepts.

@PND_Ketchup whether you like it or not, the main point here is that gustav is trying to break apart the character even further. And while you're undoubtedly the best quan out there at the moment, that doesn't mean any of us or yourself are playing in such a way that will ensure sorceror remains dominant.

Tech first, ego second boys. Pleeeease.

PND_Ketchup

So I guess everyone is just forgetting about how his videos, although contained good tech that can be useful at times, is completely negated by the constant shots at other Quan players with statements like "I get annoyed watching other Sorceror players because they don't do things properly".

The setups are interesting and can work in certain situations, I'll never deny that more options is always a good thing. But you take shots at me and I will have to bring up the results card.

No egos here. Just the facts. This is the last thing I'm saying on the matter.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Quan Chi players, we mustn't fight! I think this video is highly informative.

@PND_Ketchup , is Sorcerer as good as Summoner? I feel like I have more control with Summoner, but is it a matter of taste or match up specificity? Mike was using Sorcerer the majority of the time this weekend too.

PND_Ketchup

Quan Chi players, we mustn't fight! I think this video is highly informative.

@PND_Ketchup , is Sorcerer as good as Summoner? I feel like I have more control with Summoner, but is it a matter of taste or match up specificity? Mike was using Sorcerer the majority of the time this weekend too.
Quans strongest variation is subjective IMO. He suffers the same faults in both, but I prefer the rewards he gets after landing a hit in sorceror.

My entire game plan will be to try and corner you, I strongly feel like sorceror quan has the strongest corner offence in the game. I also like the zoning/meter build from fullscreen while in armour too.

I think as the game develops, the variation of quan you choose will depend on the character you're fighting, no variation will be generally the best in all situations like some other characters.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
So, i'm just gonna put this here.

Few things to remember:
Not my new tech video...be on the lookout for Part 3, I got juice :D
Yeah, there's some new stuff in this one too that you may not know
I didnt wanna make this super long so I didnt put too much in there, just some of my general thoughts
I've moved on to Ancestral Kung Jin and Dualist Liu Kang so don't flame me and leave me alone!

(I tried to make this one a nice presentation. Sorry if it sucks :p)

@AoK Ryan
@Under_The_Mayo
@PND_Ketchup
@Kwamensah (since you're on the hunt)
you can only say you dont like the way other sorcerers play when you place like ketchup until then he is undeniably the best sorcerer