What's new

Full Patch Notes 8-31-15 & 9/1 Hotfix Notes

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Someone mentioned that it shouldn't really make too much of a difference since it starts up in 11 frames and is often able to be poked out of. I guess we'll see.
I don't know. 21 was always my go to against crouching opponents. I very rarely got poked out of it (could just be due to online). What do you think we should be using after patch against crouchers? B32? 123? To be honest I struggled when Tremor first came out against people who crouched a lot until I saw how DJT would use 21. Now I fear I'm going to be back at the start.

Last edited:

Slymind

Noob
You can't deny that they are working to make every variation useful, and since KP2 is iminent, there will be more patches along the road.

What i'm wondering is how Master of Storms will fare now, this proximity damage is like a DoT(a la Noxious repitile), or you get hitstun if you touch the orb?

Also, I just would like to see Outlaw DoT blade, to generate meter to who is being damaged.

E

Eldriken

I don't know. 21 was always my go to against crouching opponents. I very rarely got poked out of it (could just be due to online). What do you think we should be using after patch against crouchers? B33? 123? To be honest I struggled when Tremor first came out against people who crouched a lot until I saw how DJT would use 21. Now I fear I'm going to be back at the start.
I guess we'll just have to condition them to block high. How we do that is gonna be the "fun" part, I reckon.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
...what drama? They also SHOWED how the new changes differed to the old ones for some of the characters via a video. There's nothing wrong with a demonstration of changes so you know EXACTLY what they did.
no one said there is anything wrong with it. just saying they acted and promoted it as though it was going to have major announcements. not..."hey look... shinnok is nerfed, kano does this, quan chi now does that, reptile got buffed" big deal.

lol what drama? and the stream is quite useful for casuals not familiar with the terminology used in the patch notes.
casual players don't watch streams and have jobs at 4pm edt unless they are working third shift or on the other side of the world and then why would they decide to watch the stream next week when it doesn't matter or they announce something else. and...for sake of your point there are PLENTY of tutorial for a casual player to look at it to become competitive.

again bottom line. most of these patches if not all I'm fine with actually. just kinda pissed that it was hyped as a big deal. honestly, I think a vast majority would have preferred a netcode improvement first before quan chi and shinnok's OPs. but oh well. that's me. so yes...IMO they very much dramatized this whole thing.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't understand how being able to 2-in-1 cancel after any move hurts at all though.
Now that I think about it, this was probably done to go with the OS changes they made. As b2 and b33 were basically built-in OS as they were.
Because B33 and B2 were already safe as it was (against the majority of the cast), and if you wanted to cancel into BF2 for the bigger conversions you could do it without worrying about hitconfirming. It probably is the reason they removed it but it sucks for Shotgun.
Ancestral is shown no love. NRS forgot it's even a variation. This is so unfortunate...
I was hoping it would get SOMETHING, even if it was just having the timer removed on Stun Arrow.

E

Eldriken

Yup, it's going to be a rocky few days but thank you.
I suppose we'll see. I guess with the slightly faster startup on his db2 (I don't know if it includes the u/d versions), people thinking they should crouch low to avoid his f1/s2, we might be able to smack them with db2d due to them trying to avoid our initial pressure strings. It's a thought, y'know? It will also work towards the conditioning of making them block high.

Also, if we're in the right range, we can keep them on their toes with db1 since it apparently has faster startup now as well, right? It seems that we're going to focus on conditioning a lot now to get our game started.

7L

Heads up!
Because B33 and B2 were already safe as it was (against the majority of the cast), and if you wanted to cancel into BF2 for the bigger conversions you could do it without worrying about hitconfirming. It probably is the reason they removed it but it sucks for Shotgun.

I was hoping it would get SOMETHING, even if it was just having the timer removed on Stun Arrow.

The timer is a fucking joke. Literally a fucking joke. Hey you loaded a stun arrow but the tides have turned and you got combo'd instead of comboing them. Guess what, load that arrow again now. Who the hell thought of a timer. You only get one anyway so just take the damn timer away.

And give him savage blast, please and thank you.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The timer is a fucking joke. Literally a fucking joke. Hey you loaded a stun arrow but the tides have turned and you got combo'd instead of comboing them. Guess what, load that arrow again now. Who the hell thought of a timer. You only get one anyway so just take the damn timer away.

And give him savage blast, please and thank you.
Lol yeah. Tbh I play in a more draining the opponent's resources kind of fashion rather than aggressive, keep stun arrow loaded at all times kind of way. Zone them with meter drain arrows as much as possible then when they get closer do something like D4~stun arrow load (which is surprisingly safe against most) then mix them up or spam NJP as a whiff punisher and to keep them out, land a stun arrow at some point, load up meter drain and send them full screen again to keep that cycle going. Then when they're at low health load up fire arrows and start using EX fire arrows for plus frames and extra chip.

If stun arrow had no timer then it'd be a different playstyle for me but I just adapt to whatever, I don't care ;)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I cannot fucking believe they changed Tremor's 2 and 3 to highs.

The character is definitely still good, but this was literally aimed at making him play completely differently than he does now. Which is fine in the sense of making him an honest zoner, but terrible in the sense of nuking his 2 best ways to open someone up.