What's new

Full Patch Notes 8-31-15 & 9/1 Hotfix Notes

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
This suck to have to wait and see who the KP2 characters are going to be. At least with KP1 we knew who we had to look forward to. This is just lame. And yea we as competitive players on some level we will wait but releasing the characters in 2016 isn't going to go well with the causal player. By November this game will be a memory to anyone that isn't playing this game at tournaments local or global. With SFV also coming out 1st Q of 2016 as well NRS might want to rethink this. They really need to do something about the Netcode also. Don't want my game to die because the online isn't any good.But i'm sure someone at NRS has brought all this up already. ;)

enkil

Noob
Boon, Ono, Harada et al. have to find a better way to hype up new characters than just keeping them and us in the dark. With the collection of creative individuals that they have at their disposal, you'd think they'd think of a better and more creative way of delivering the news that would not make us feel like we're being toyed with. We want to play the game, not be the game they're playing.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Boo fuckin' hoo. We didn't even know we were getting any more characters until a few days ago. Just be patient and wait and see what happens. We just got a huge patch the other day that changes the entire game. Learn some new characters in the meantime and just enjoy what we have.
*sigh*

Yeah, I am aware of that. But I was hoping today would be the day where we WOULD know who is coming to MKX. But it's not. So I'm disappointed.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
*sigh*

Yeah, I am aware of that. But I was hoping today would be the day where we WOULD know who is coming to MKX. But it's not. So I'm disappointed.
If they keep with their 2016 release date (lord i hope they don't) this is a strong indication that UMKX is coming.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Where the hell are NRSs PR people? Whoever they are, they are abysmal at their job and need to be replaced ASAP.

I am not mad about kp2 coming next year at all, I just feel NRS fails the most when it comes to public relations.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Where the hell are NRSs PR people? Whoever they are, they are abysmal at their job and need to be replaced ASAP.

I am not mad about kp2 coming next year at all, I just feel NRS fails the most when it comes to public relations.
Right. That's why MKX is the top selling game of 2015 so far.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
You guys really expected the master troll that is Ed Boon to reveal characters just after they release a pic teasing the characters???

How little ye have learned.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Holy shit, it literally is November 2014 again.

Quick, somebody say "The hype is dead, I bet no one is even going to buy the DLC after this".
I am going to be buying the DLC, and I have already said I am hype about this being next year due to the game being supported well into next year....which we did not get for MK9 and IGAU. But as I said, trolling your fans is god awful PR and NRS does it religiously. It seems no one is looking out for the maintenance of NRS and MKXs public image at all.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You know what is funny. I remember during the mk9 days in one of the MU charts threads for either Kenshi or Quan, @STB Shujinkydink (one of my favorite players in mk9 who stuck with a low tier, absolute ass character that mk9 Quan Chi was, and traveled a lot playing only low tier Quan, got top 8 at Evo 2012 with Quan, and never have been a cry baby about playing a low tier )....
Ok so Dink was told in that thread by @Pig Of The Hut (who I admire a lot BTW)and this is almost a quote: Kenshi/Quan is a 7:3 MU, counter pick me or die bro!!!
So you think suggesting to play different character is is dumb?!?) well....
Now everything is backwards))))
I can't help but see some poetic justice in this))
MK9 wasn't a game where patching much was possible, well possibly it was but they didn't. I agree w what you're saying though but at the same time it's frustrating because I know they can fix him but won't and it's probably because they're scared of making kenshi mk9 2.0

However In response to this post I choose to Die and furthermore not travel to battle 6-4 & 7-3s every match and lose for the entertainment of stream monsters & NRS. I'm content w that decision

I look forward to watching mkx Quans do what I did w mk9 kenshi

Another hotfix was released at around 6:30 PM (9/2/15). It not only fixes the issues with Jax's BnB's, including inconsistent bounces and problems with small hitbox characters, it also allows him to combo off of starters he was previously unable too. Nice.

I suppose this makes up for the stealth nerf of Gotcha Grab.
How did they stealth nerf it?!

MK9 wasn't a game where patching much was possible, well possibly it was but they didn't. I agree w what you're saying though but at the same time it's frustrating because I know they can fix him but won't and it's probably because they're scared of making kenshi mk9 2.0

However In response to this post I choose to Die and furthermore not travel to battle 6-4 & 7-3s every match and lose for the entertainment of stream monsters & NRS. I'm content w that decision

I look forward to watching mkx Quans do what I did w mk9 kenshi
I understand where you coming from pig. But at the same time I am so said though. Now I won't see you play a low tier hero like Dink or 16 bit and maybe even get top 8s with character you like. But I totally respect your decision)

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
How did they stealth nerf it?!
They added 2 frames of start up to Gotcha, ex Gotcha, and Pumped Up's Super Gotcha. Ex Super Gotcha is the only to remain untouched, it still has a 7 frame start up. Gotcha and Ex Gotcha have both been upped from 7 to 9 frames, while Super Gotcha went from 9 to 11 frames.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Is anyone finding it strange that they were able to release Martian Manhunter and Zatanna after the last planned character (Zod?) in Injustice? Like they were released the following months right after. Couldn't they have just done the same thing with these 4 MKX characters? I understand it has to do with more balancing and stuff, but really that late?

Maybe they'll simultaneously work on both MKX KP2 and Injustice 2. Who the fuck knows. I don't know anything, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge now and scream like Jarek.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Meh.

Of course I'm disappointed there weren't any names revealed but look at the glass half full-

4 new characters
12-15 new skins (most likely for DLC and the newbies)
A new arena
Potential buffs/nerfs/other balances
Prolonged MKX shelf life

It's not so bad. I'd rather wait, give them time to do all of this right than have them shit out characters that are half-assed, OP, and broken....

...except you Fujin. You get a free pass.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I dont like to use the term filthy casual but anyone who is complaining about the announcement is a filthy fucking casual.

MKC: "Man why dont you guys ever support your games past 6 months? Freaking Bullshit."

NRS: "We are saving our last batch of DLC for next year and will be continuing to support the game!"

MKC: Man why would you guys make us wait a whole year? Freaking Bullshit."

Like I said, filthy fucking casuals.