Full Look at New Raiden Render

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by HellblazerHawkman, Jan 8, 2019.

By HellblazerHawkman on Jan 8, 2019 at 6:54 PM
  1. HellblazerHawkman

HellblazerHawkman Confused Thanagarian
    News Editor

With Shao Kahn's full look being the story of the day yesterday, it was only fitting for the Defender of Earthrealm (now the Aggressor?) to get his look revealed. So yeah. Here it is. Check that out.

*UPDATED WITH FULL RENDER*

[​IMG]

Look at that. Pretty gold right? Matches Shao Kahn's helmet pretty well. The story initially was reported by Mortal Kombat Online with the original posting being shared by NRS on their Discord page. Dropping an invite link here for any of you cool kids who haven't entered the cool kids club yet. I would expect to see something with Scorpion shortly, especially with us getting closer and closer to the reveal event next Thursday. NRS has already confirmed character reveals to come, alongside gameplay footage and more, so make sure you keep that night free. But if not, TYM will be covering both events in person, so we can hook you up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
Coming at you with all dat news
News writer for (objectively) the best Netherrealm Studios based website. Feel free to message me if you have a news story you'd like to share
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by HellblazerHawkman, Jan 8, 2019.

1. NothingPersonal
      NothingPersonal
      Yeah, probably.
      HeavyNorse likes this.
    2. xenogorgeous
      xenogorgeous
      Dark Raiden is more cool than the normal Raiden ... both regarding color scheme and personality ! I could not mind if Raiden suddenly might become a regular villain in MK lore universe, he is more badass acting like a bad guy, hehe
      MKF30 likes this.
    3. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      Since we saw Dark Raiden in MKD, I've wanted for him to be the focal point as the main antagonist in a game... but then Armageddon happened. So seeing him return into Dark Raiden in MKX gave me renewed hope, and it seems like (though maybe not the MAIN antagonist) he will indeed be the main focal point of this game!

And hopefully that also means Fujin will step up and take over Raiden's former position as guide and protector of Earthrealm.
    4. CmC_HAt
      CmC_HAt
      shao khan with a hammer, raiden with a staff, and scorpion swords
      mmmm.. this smell bad.
      i think in mk11 would be 2 variations with each caracter, weaponed and normal.
      if mk11 is only with weapons like soul calibur i dont gonna play it.
    5. thesacrifist
      thesacrifist
      Doubt we'll see weapon movesets tbh. I think instead of x-rays we'll get supers which use weapons and their new GoreTech system. X-rays on "random moves" leaked as krushing blows during the fight maybe
    6. Eddy Wang
      Eddy Wang
      The graphic Engine is just MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    7. Crimea
      Crimea
      They hide Raiden feet after Shao Kahn toenails fiasco
    8. xXRagingFlameXx
      xXRagingFlameXx
      I'm ready to get a good look at the female faces for MK11 though. Injustice 2 did a great job, especially with Harley, Ivy, Canary, Starfire. Actually, they were all great imo. I'm just ready to see how they one-up themselves this time.
      Roy Arkon and Dayvon like this.
    9. TackyHaddock
      TackyHaddock
      Let's see how Raiden's NJP is in this game and then decide ;)
    10. Darth-Nero
      Darth-Nero
      I sincerely hope all of njp's work universally the same like they did in mk9, no more of that bs character specific njp's that mkx brought.
      aldazo likes this.
    11. John Grizzly
      John Grizzly
      I don't gonna play it, either.

But seriously....this will absolutely not be what happens. You'll be able to customize your own variation by choosing specials. If anything, weapons could work like traits do in Injustice. Or....they're even less intrusive and just seamlessly work within strings/special moves as they have before. Let's not forget that MKX had a TON of weapon based moves, and that seemed to work just fine.

Scorpion used swords

Sub Zero had an ice hammer

Kung Jin had a bow AND a staff

Leatherface had a chainsaw

Jason had a machete

Predator had a staff blade

Shinnok had a staff type weapon

Kano has knives

Kenshi has a sword

Kotal Kahn had a huge strip of bacon

Mileena has sais

Bo Rai Cho has a stick

Takeda has chain whips AND light sabers

The list goes ON AND ON AND ON. Why is everyone freaking out about weapons so much? Weapons are nothing new in MK. Calm down and trust NRS.
      Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
      subzert, Rice, Jhonnykiller45 and 5 others like this.
    12. MKF30
      MKF30
      I kind of like him as a good guy or anti-hero but like this, a badass who won't think twice about killing you if you threaten Earthrealm. BTW, is that an anime version of Sareena in your pic?
      Icefyre and xenogorgeous like this.
    13. Wam-Zlay
      Wam-Zlay
      Reptile is so awesome, he doesn't need a weapon :)
    14. xenogorgeous
      xenogorgeous
      Nope, it's just a random fan art I picked up on Internet, hehe .... I hope Sareena make it into MK 11 roster this time, let's see ! :D
      MKF30 likes this.
    15. Badboy Takuma
      Badboy Takuma
      hhhhmmmm ???
    16. Dankster Morgan
      Dankster Morgan
      A little too much gold for me, I’d like more red, (obviously can be changed if gear is back) but he does look great
    17. Eddy Wang
      Eddy Wang
      [​IMG]
    18. MKF30
      MKF30
      Nice, always cool to see a new fellow MK fan. Welcome to TYM xenogorgeous MK chick! :) oh that's cool, lots of fan art to choose from. I have done a lot myself though not lately, I may do some again once they reveal Fujin! Yeah, she's a cool character, I wouldn't mind.
    19. HeavyNorse
    20. Roy Arkon
      Roy Arkon
    21. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      JBeezYBabY likes this.
    22. Cobainevermind87
      Cobainevermind87
      What's with all this gold we're seeing?

Between Shao and Raiden I mean.
    23. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      Someone else pointed this out, but his head looks incredibly big and his hands pretty small in comparison. He looks oddly proportioned.
      Alec likes this.
    24. stokedAF
      stokedAF
      I’d like to see the hatless Raiden again. With the samurai knot.
      HeavyNorse likes this.
    25. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      [​IMG]

One of my favourite looks for him.
      SneakyTortoise likes this.