What's new

From what MK game should NRS continue DLC?

From what MK game should NRS continue DLC?

• Total voters

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This will serve as a "post 4th character DLC" thoughts and votes.

Vote accordingly.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Isn't everyone from MK vs DC in this game already?

I mean I guess you could put like batman and joker in, like as a preorder bonus for buying arkham city, that would both be really cool, and also kinda stupid at the same time.

Nakurai

Noob
I find that this poll is abit biased, MK4 was the last good one, before It started getting trash, or atleast that's just my opinion,
and if you're saying dlc as in for characters,
well then none, because I see that there is enough characters, and instead of wasting time making a billion characters to choose from -cough cough armageddon-
why not just make the current characters more balanced?
It's not like any character that isn't in there already needs to be there, I even found kenshi pushing it wayy to much,
It's supposed to be based off of mortal kombat 1-3 no? then why is all these characters coming in? It seems as if nrs is just doing anything to try and save MK..

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I find that this poll is abit biased, MK4 was the last good one, before It started getting trash, or atleast that's just my opinion,
and if you're saying dlc as in for characters,
well then none, because I see that there is enough characters, and instead of wasting time making a billion characters to choose from -cough cough armageddon-
why not just make the current characters more balanced?
It's not like any character that isn't in there already needs to be there, I even found kenshi pushing it wayy to much,
It's supposed to be based off of mortal kombat 1-3 no? then why is all these characters coming in? It seems as if nrs is just doing anything to try and save MK..
The poll is the way it is because MK9 is made up MK1, 2, and 3 so it only makes sense to start with MK4. MKA is NOT in it because MKA was everyone... so I figured it was best to separate them.

Nakurai

Noob
Well yes, that's quite obvious, but you still never answered my question.
Why is nrs focusing on adding more characters rather then balancing the current ones? the current roster after rain, and the 4th char (?) (<- Imho, it should be a totally new character, or perhaps one from the shadows, [Hornbuckle, hydro, tremor etc..]) Seems like it would make it the perfect amount. the only dlc they should focus on, Is new stages/costumes/fatalities etc...

AC1984

Kaballin!
I'd rather have more arenas, music, costumes and finishing moves for DLC....with those 4 characters the game will have enough...if they continue delivering characters every two weeks, the game is gonna become like MKA soon. I like the fact that every character is unique and different but I dont wanna end up learning 50 characters...

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Why is nrs focusing on adding more characters rather then balancing the current ones? the current roster after rain, and the 4th char (?) (<- Imho, it should be a totally new character, or perhaps one from the shadows, [Hornbuckle, hydro, tremor etc..]) Seems like it would make it the perfect amount. the only dlc they should focus on, Is new stages/costumes/fatalities etc...
100% Agree. I'm not too fussed on any more characters after Rain, but if there are, then I think new designs would be the way to go. And I'd love more stages though I remember seeing Boon tweet that it would be unlikely. Other than this, I'm a sucker for costumes. Though that might be coz we only got given 2 costumes with only slight colour differences for each character in the Vanilla game.

PS: Afterthought. Either MK3 Human Smoke, or even Cyber Smoke again. :)

Nakurai

Noob
100% Agree. I'm not too fussed on any more characters after Rain, but if there are, then I think new designs would be the way to go. And I'd love more stages though I remember seeing Boon tweet that it would be unlikely. Other than this, I'm a sucker for costumes. Though that might be coz we only got given 2 costumes with only slight colour differences for each character in the Vanilla game.

PS: Afterthought. Either MK3 Human Smoke, or even Cyber Smoke again. :)
Seeing as my main is smoke, i've always said that they should do his vapour looks from armageddon, just with a new mask,
the fact that he was actually pure smoke was kinda kickass, or they should atleast bring back smoke effects whenever he moves

kayuza

meanwhile..
only 1? :|

I find that's a toss up between MK4 (Fujin/Reiko/Shinnok) and MKDA (Bo'/Frost/Mavado/Nitara), good poll

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Because a lot of people have questionable taste and like the ps2 games and the characters in them, and the casuals that like MK far, FAR out weigh the hardcore, and this game is fan service to the series as a whole, so people want there favorite characters in there.
As for balancing, there's not really a whole lot left to do in terms of character balancing, maybe quan chi and jax, but everyone else is golden.

There are not doing any more stages as DLC, fatalities are up in the air, and costumes will probably come after they run out of retros to milk. There's nothing wrong with more characters, as long as they don't come out horribly balanced.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Guys, NRS did NOT tell me to make this poll...lmao. I am simply curious. Relax, ;)

Nakurai

Noob
Because a lot of people have questionable taste and like the ps2 games and the characters in them, and the casuals that like MK far, FAR out weigh the hardcore, and this game is fan service to the series as a whole, so people want there favorite characters in there.
As for balancing, there's not really a whole lot left to do in terms of character balancing, maybe quan chi and jax, but everyone else is golden.

There are not doing any more stages as DLC, fatalities are up in the air, and costumes will probably come after they run out of retros to milk. There's nothing wrong with more characters, as long as they don't come out horribly balanced.
Seems reasonable, but why make a game based on the old ones for the fans and be like, NO we're gonna sell out for the public and do it off every mk now. that's kinda ridiculous. and you have to remember, for every character they add in the game, they have to balance it out against every other character in the game, so when they get to armageddon, they're probably gonna get swamped with balancing problems and then start q.q'in cause they got so much work to do.
also if theres not much balancing left to do, what's wrong with just letting the game go with the flow for a bit? watch the metagame develop. more shit is still to come.
It's not good for a game to be spewing out dlc' every week or so.

EDIT: Lmao storms, it's all good, we're just having a calm discussion..

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Afterthought again. Since I'm pretty sure I've heard some stuff suggesting Tanya be the last DLC character, it makes me think MK are going to just start chucking characters for DLC who appeared as cameo's elsewhere in the game. (Like how Tanya and Skarlet are in Kahn's arena). So that makes me think Shinnok will be on his way eventually too. Did anyone pick up on any subtle or unobvious cameo's during story mode or anything that could be plausible character DLC? NRS could just be giving us a little foreshadowing :p

Nakurai

Noob
Afterthought again. Since I'm pretty sure I've heard some stuff suggesting Tanya be the last DLC character, it makes me think MK are going to just start chucking characters for DLC who appeared as cameo's elsewhere in the game. (Like how Tanya and Skarlet are in Kahn's arena). So that makes me think Shinnok will be on his way eventually too. Did anyone pick up on any subtle or unobvious cameo's during story mode or anything that could be plausible character DLC? NRS could just be giving us a little foreshadowing :p
well with this, the only other character I remember in the game but not a playable character is Fujin, he was in someones ending, iirc raiden?
EDIT: Since they already put fujin and tanya in the background of the game, that's probably the only 2 i'd allow in the game.
also why no motaro! you only see him get spanked by raiden and thats it, you never even get to fight him...

TWZTID

Noob
MK4 was the reason i quit playin MK..... Put in a NEW character.

plus, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY ZOMBIE JAX COSTUME!!!!!!!!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I guess MK4. Shinnok, Fujin and Reiko. Only 3D character I'd like to see is Havik, quite honestly.

i honestly only want characters from mk1-umk3. 2 characters post-umk3 is enough. this was a fan service game for fans of the ORIGINAL TRILOGY and a reboot.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
including some or MOST of the characters from MK4 and maybe 1 or 2 from MKDA is the way it should be. hell, i totally expect that if and when UMK9 comes out, we could get an expanded story that takes place in MK4. just wishful thinking on my part though.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I vote MK4. This is to be a pure MK game, let's keep it that way. And nobody forgot the characters fighting in the background of the Pit 2 stage, right?