What's new

Fresh Interview by IGN with Ed Boon!!! He Explains a lot...

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Perhaps rather than a reboot, they might do a DC Rebirth-esque story where they edit the now current existing timeline instead.

For anyone unaware, DC Rebirth was an event that happened in which a character took 10 years away out of the DC timeline or something like that. Prior to that it had been known as the New 52, which was a reboot of the extremely cluttered mess DC had became.

Come to think of it there's hella parallels between the two lol, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they go with this for this story.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
From a lore perspective, knowing that Kronica wants Shinnok to win is a bombshell.

Now I really think she is either THE One Being, or she is a direct aspect of it.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Kronika is a deus ex machina, quite literally, and seems designed to enable them to backpedal from the elements of the new timeline they regret -- like killing off a huge chunk of the popular Trilogy cast. The DC Rebirth comparison feels apt.

trufenix

bye felicia
Kronika is a deus ex machina, quite literally, and seems designed to enable them to backpedal from the elements of the new timeline they regret -- like killing off a huge chunk of the popular Trilogy cast. The DC Rebirth comparison feels apt.
I think other than jade and nightwolf, everyone dead in mk2011 done come back by now anyway, right?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I think other than jade and nightwolf, everyone dead in mk2011 done come back by now anyway, right?
Depends whether you feel the revenant characters are 'back' -- Sindel, Kabal, Stryker, Smoke, and Nightwolf were all relegated to unplayable zombie mook status. Then we had Baraka, Sektor, and Mileena killed off in MKX. Add Jade, Shang Tsung, and Noob Saibot (all killed off in MK9) and that's 11 of the Trilogy characters out of commission.

The timeline shenanigans in MK11 will enable them to build whatever roster they want, and likely create a new timeline going forward with any of the characters they want to use.

Onilordasmodeus

According to the lore, she can't be the One Being. Unless NRS have retconned what that is.
No, she can be the One Being incarnate, or she can be a direct aspect of it.

According to the lore, ALL beings/things in/of the realms are a part of the OB. The realms themselves push all things towards recombining to awaken the OB proper. The fact that Kronica wants Shinnok, the guy who overtly wants to "wake up" the OB, to win, tells me that she is working for the "greater good" of the realms; i.e. she want to "wake up" the OB proper.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
No, she can be the One Being incarnate, or she can be a direct aspect of it.

According to the lore, ALL beings/things in/of the realms are a part of the OB. The realms themselves push all things towards recombining to awaken the OB proper. The fact that Kronica wants Shinnok, the guy who overtly wants to "wake up" the OB, to win, tells me that she is working for the "greater good" of the realms; i.e. she want to "wake up" the OB proper.
See, that's different from what you said first. :p
That she's someone who wants to wake up the One Being is not the same as she is the One Being.
Not sure why she would want that though, but we'll learn about her agenda soon enough. ^^

Onilordasmodeus

See, that's different from what you said first. :p
That she's someone who wants to wake up the One Being is not the same as she is the One Being.
Not sure why she would want that though, but we'll learn about her agenda soon enough. ^^
That's the thing though. The OB in it's current form isn't / can't be in just one form. By definition, all beings in the realm are a part of it, so if Kronica is an aspect of it, or a direct representation of it in the realms, it can still be true that she wants to "wake up" the One Being proper.

Regardless, I hope this is true. I've wanted the OB to be the big bad for years now. After MKD I was HYPE! Hoping that the OB was going to make an appearance, but then we got Armageddon. I hope this all comes together in MK11.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
That's the thing though. The OB in it's current form isn't / can't be in just one form. By definition, all beings in the realm are a part of it, so if Kronica is an aspect of it, or a direct representation of it in the realms, it can still be true that she wants to "wake up" the One Being proper.

Regardless, I hope this is true. I've wanted the OB to be the big bad for years now. After MKD I was HYPE! Hoping that the OB was going to make an appearance, but then we got Armageddon. I hope this all comes together in MK11.
So you're saying she could be like a "Damashi" kind of avatar. We'll see.

However, the One Being as a character in its own would be impossible. If all the realms were merged into one and the One Being awakened, everything would be destroyed in the instance it woke up. The only beings left would be the Elder Gods... so unless you want an MK where you play one of them VS the One Being... I mean, you can't really pick Scorpion and fight the One Being. Not unless they retcon what exactly the One Being is.

"architecting" ORCHESTRATING

Rather standard fair questions... Hopefully, Jan. 30 will prove enough time between reveals, that interviewers will be able concoct some more 'probing' questions.