What's new

Fresh Interview by IGN with Ed Boon!!! He Explains a lot...

Raider

Noob
I am becoming more and more interested in Kronika. At first i was like: "meh". But after reading and hearing more i am becoming much more interested in her as a MK character.
The fact that she is first female MK boss, and that she was behind all the MK events in the past... sounds very interesting. I hope that she will be badass and fun to play.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I thought Shang Tsung was the Boss, but then found out that Shao Kahn really was.
I thought Shao Kahn was the boss, but then found out Quan Chi & Shinnok were really manipulating everything.
I thought They were the true power, but apparently Kronika is behind it all.
This is a bit tiresome. You don’t have to undermine other villains in order to establish a new one. That’s just bad storytelling.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I thought Shang Tsung was the Boss, but then found out that Shao Kahn really was.
I thought Shao Kahn was the boss, but then found out Quan Chi & Shinnok were really manipulating everything.
This is a bit tiresome. You don’t have to undermine other villains in order to establish a new one. That’s just bad storytelling.
Wonder where are they going to go from there. SUPAH KRONIKER was the villain all along!

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Judging by the way the characters talk to Geras I think we'll have a scene where he dies and everybody goes "phew that was close" then the bitch comes back from the dead.

He seems immortal

Lokheit

Noob
That interview makes it look like the idea is to allow customization for competitive rather than the fixed ones, I hope we get clarifications soon one way or another.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kronika. Her design is hype but that backstory seems played out.

Oh well as long as the the writers don't give green plot armor powers to anyone else I'm sure the story will be enjoyable.
Yeah, the whole "has always been behind everything that has happened since MK1" is kind of a deux ex machina. Specially considering this is really another layer (Shinok/Quan Chi already were behind the events of the first trilogy already, and then Kronika is behind the global picture), but we will see how it plays out. Time manipulation is another tool that has to be used carefuly, many writters abuse it badly.

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Judging by the way the characters talk to Geras I think we'll have a scene where he dies and everybody goes "phew that was close" then the bitch comes back from the dead.

He seems immortal
Well yeah, that’s part of his whole shtick. In one of his match intros, his decapitated head rolls toward his body and he rebuilds himself. Then for the second part, you see him crack his neck into alignment.

next twist: you think kronika is the boss, but really it's shang tsung.

trufenix

bye felicia
That interview makes it look like the idea is to allow customization for competitive rather than the fixed ones, I hope we get clarifications soon one way or another.
Custom builds will be available in ranked, tournament play will use preset variations. All the moves will be represented. There isn't anything left to be clarified except what the variations are.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Kronika is, Kronika was and Kronika always will be.. Looks like she is the biggest fish in MK Universe for now..