What's new

Match-up Discussion Freddy Krueger Matchup Discussion Thread

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
really nice and detailed chart being build here, :top:

anyways id like the opinions you have (so far) on the vs liu kang(6) matchup?

i see spike would be good for avoiding iafbs and flying kicks
and of course freddy's godlike zoning/zoning traps would come into play,which im guessing kang has little answer for?

how its freddy to deal with if kang does get it?
is dream shift away a good option? ( it can be hit out on startup if im not mistaken)
or just poke and get the hell outta there and zone again?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
1man3letters said:
really nice and detailed chart being build here, :top:

anyways id like the opinions you have (so far) on the vs liu kang(6) matchup?

i see spike would be good for avoiding iafbs and flying kicks
and of course freddy's godlike zoning/zoning traps would come into play,which im guessing kang has little answer for?

how its freddy to deal with if kang does get it?
is dream shift away a good option? ( it can be hit out on startup if im not mistaken)
or just poke and get the hell outta there and zone again?
The match up is pretty basic. If Liu Kang gets in, life is hard for Freddy. If Freddy can keep Liu Kang away, Freddy wins. Fortunately, Kang cannot close the gap quickly, and something like EX flying kick is a waste of meter. He also cannot win the projectile war unless he has a considerable life lead. Albeit he is not Jax or Cage, Kang is a huge threat up close because of his pokes, overhead, and b+3 of course. You are right. You have to use d+1 and careful teleports to create space. Also, NMS is very good vs him. Freddy has the advantage in this match up, but it definitely feels even sometimes if the Kang player knows how to fight Freddy.

I have nothing else to say. With most of Freddy match ups, the motto is zone right or die, and Liu Kang is no exception to the rule.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Can someone give me an accurate explanation MU for Freddy vs Ermac plz ? I m pretty sure its in Freddy's favor i just wanna know how bad it is :)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
metzos13 said:
Can someone give me an accurate explanation MU for Freddy vs Ermac plz ? I m pretty sure its in Freddy's favor i just wanna know how bad it is :)
The match up is not too bad for Ermac. I've replied to your thread. Here's the post.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Freddy vs Kabal does not seem to be an even match up any more. I am thinking 6:4 in favor of Kabal at the moment. Kabal's 2 hits a block crouching Freddy. 2 xx dash is +6 on block. 2 xx dash, 2 xx dash, etc. is too much for Freddy. You have to neutral crouch or d+1, which opens you up to b+1,2,1 or f+3,2. You need EX teleport to escape. 2 xx dash makes Kabal pretty powerful vs any large hitbox character (i.e., Freddy, Raiden, Kenshi, Noob, etc.). I suggest Mileena vs high level Kabal players.

Crathen

Death is my business
Freddy vs Kabal does not seem to be an even match up any more. I am thinking 6:4 in favor of Kabal at the moment. Kabal's 2 hits a block crouching Freddy. 2 xx dash is +6 on block. 2 xx dash, 2 xx dash, etc. is too much for Freddy. You have to neutral crouch or d+1, which opens you up to b+1,2,1 or f+3,2. You need EX teleport to escape. 2 xx dash makes Kabal pretty powerful vs any large hitbox character (i.e., Freddy, Raiden, Kenshi, Noob, etc.). I suggest Mileena vs high level Kabal players.
I'd like to say my opinion on this , recently i was thinking about 4-6 in Freddys favour but then i've started using 2 ndc to avoid Freddy jumping out of Ndc pressure and we can agree this gives freddy and hard time unless he just Ex teleports , Kabals problem is not upclose but rather anywhere outside sweep distance , fullscreen Kabal can't do anything and while he dash blocks his way in Freddy builds hella meter for his Ex tele / breaker / Ex spike , any jump is a guess and if you guess wrong you are fullscreen again also freddy fingers cannot be jumped since he recovers fast enough to catch Kabal with a medium spike / glove toss for a combo , at jump distance it's guessing time again , glove toss / spike cannot be jumped on reaction and GT has pushback ( and if you try to duck GT you can be hit with a GS ) so again you have to dash block to sweep distance , committing to a jump can end into either AA 1 / uppercut or dash back close GS.

Also i think using the 50/50 on Freddy is rather counterproducting unless you put him in the corner , the buzzsaw will be techrolled and he can backdash / teleport and be at fullscreen again , tornado slam cannot be techrolled but wake up teleport will get him out of the trouble of being pressured , sure it can be punished if kabal commits to scouting a teleport and ND but that's when you mix it up.

Overall it's a chase for Kabal , Freddys plan will 80% of the time backdash and shoot projectiles waiting for your reactions and at jump distance he can mix it up with footies along with his 50/50.

I would say it's still 5-5 , what's your general approach to the match as Freddy? Also 2 ndc is +6 on block? The frame data thread says +1 , did ya retested it? (and yeah i know it still can be a pain reacting to 2 ndc )

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Crathen said:
I would say it's still 5-5 , what's your general approach to the match as Freddy? Also 2 ndc is +6 on block? The frame data thread says +1 , did ya retested it? (and yeah i know it still can be a pain reacting to 2 ndc )
My approach is the same as yours. You describe the fight well.

2 xx dash is definitely NOT +1 on block. If it were, d+1 would interrupt f+3 and b+1. Freddy cannot jump away or interrupt b+1 after 2 xx dash. You need EX teleport to escape, which makes Kabal's rushdown that much better. It is especially annoying because b+1,2,1 leads to Kabal's most damaging combos. I guess I will play Kabal again before I jump to conclusions.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Faded Dreams V said:
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Mileena is Freddy's absolute worst matchup.
She definitely seems to be. I always lose to her. No one here in Ohio uses her competitively, so it's hard for me to get a proper read on the match up. I use her myself, though. I think she's top 3 in this game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll just do it here.

[MENTION=21]Wonder_Chef[/MENTION], [MENTION=1465]xxteefxx[/MENTION]

Why are you two fools talking shit over at MKU's shoutbox? If Freddy is indeed "broken" and I'm not playing the character to his "full potential", how about if one of you decides to pick him up and win a local tournament for starters? The fact is I know more about Freddy than either of you. I don't talk or make combo videos. I fight against good players, and I know how good the character is, and he isn't broken.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
if sindel can compete vs a character then said character is not broken. Freddy is one of these characters she can compete against. He does zoning well, big deal.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

M2Dave

Zoning Master
xxteefxx said:
what is this? drama parade? draggin us here to the public? rofl..... >_>...
what is this childish shit? listen am not gonna tolerate this freakin immature act. i talk about no ones back, and when i do i fully respect them no mater what.
tell to the tatter tale that cried like a bitch to you to learn how to read the conversation!! also tell him to stop sucking cocks.
or if it was you who read the sentences or discussion, then learn how to read, and act like a man and right away answer in the chat IF you so something offended you.
and trust me, donot compare yourself and ur knowledge to me cause seriously u get blown every time....by means dont compare yourself to me cause i really could care less....so stop this childish act , cause seriously it proves nothing and means nothing but making me look down at you as if your 14....also consider yourself in my lost list from now on if you will act this way. this is not your first time to act this way as well, and trust me it's so easy to ignore people.

also FYI....we never said Kruegur is broken. also, we never said you suck or by any means down graded ur potential!
also another FYI....

if one of you decides to pick him up and win a local tournament for starters? The fact is I know more about Freddy than either of you. I don't talk or make combo videos
....... ahh, okay kiddo, good for you.
see ya

dont bother me anymore please..
Blown up? LOL. I never take online matches into consideration, but I'm pretty sure my Freddy beat you the last time we played.

I'm aware you talked shit when I placed top 8 at Season's Beatings, but I gave you a pass. Now you do it again. Anyway, my point is, if you think you can do better, go ahead and do so or shut up.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
DanCock said:
does anyone beat jax?? with all his fast armored attacks ?? O_O
NMS is arguably the best zoning tool against Jax. NMS crouches under EX dash punches and leads to a launcher or a safe 50/50 mix up. NMS xx glove toss is literally a backdash fireball. It is, in fact, very good against any character without an advancing, mid-hitting attack. Also, unlike Sindel, Freddy can escape corners with EX teleport, which is invulnerable to attacks but vulernable to throws. GP cancels can be spiked or EX spiked. You can teleport away too. Spikes crouch under Jax's fireball and launch. The advantages are there for Freddy.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i apologise Dancock, didnt mean it that way. I meant like.....ass kissing your boss... or cause a fight for no reason just for human pleasure i guess? trust me, it's a mentally fucked up issue for whoever does stuff liek these :S

somebody went and told freakin lies to someone just to cause a scene and drama...FOR NO APPARENT REASON i guess as well? and then this guy comes and insult me as an effect of a childish act in return.
which is so dum cause form the start, i never talked shit about anyone back IN WHATEVER situation

am a lone person, and i go like that and LIKE it that way....I dont bother anyone, so no one bothers me. simple as that
oh no i didnt take it wrong. i was just being silly, i like both of you guys and was just trying to create some humor and make you two laugh LOL

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
NMS is arguably the best zoning tool against Jax. NMS crouches under EX dash punches and leads to a launcher or a safe 50/50 mix up. NMS xx glove toss is literally a backdash fireball. It is, in fact, very good against any character without an advancing, mid-hitting attack. Also, unlike Sindel, Freddy can escape corners with EX teleport, which is invulnerable to attacks but vulernable to throws. GP cancels can be spiked or EX spiked. You can teleport away too. Spikes crouch under Jax's fireball and launch. The advantages are there for Freddy.
I'll test this. I mean if you're jsut goign to that I can bait you into ground pound. But let me test this.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
Here are my thoughts on the match ups for freddy.

7-3 vs Baraka
With out meter baraka cant get in on freddy for nothing.

5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
CZS dive kick gets him in on freddy fast thats y i gave it a 5-5

4-6 vs Cyrax
Cyrax resets just destroy freddy avoid nets at all cost. If cyrax didnt have his resets then i would have gave this a 5-5

6-4 vs Ermac
Ermac i feel is more of a zoner and cant out zone freddy.

6-4 vs Jade
This was tough to decide since jade is the only characters that can go threw projectiles. But since she is the lowest tier character in the game freddy just bitch smacks her.

5-5 vs Jax
Now this is a very even match. i played cdjr and he showed me how even this match can be. if u can out zone jax u will win but if he gets to close to u then its all over for freddy and lets not forget about jax reset in the corner. i would advise staying out the corner at all times vs jax.

6-4 vs Johnny Cage
Cage destroys freddy upclose but from full screen cage is waiting to eat freddy claws all day.

4-6 vs Kabal
Oh god this match up just fucking sucks. Dash cancel destroys every character in the game and that shit needs to be take out.

6-4 vs Kano
Kano has some very fast zoning that can cause some problems for freddy but not enough to give him problems.

5-5 vs Kenshi
This match up is a zoning war since both charaters can zone the shit out of each other. Playing Ts Sabin kenshi proved that this is a test of who can out zone who. I do feel freddy has a better close up game then kenshi.

5-5 vs Kitana
Not a easy match up. After playing CD Kitana this match is even since kitana can fly accross the screen and its hard to punish her teleport. so once kitana gets in ur gonna get the holy hell of d1 dont to u.

4-6 vs Kung Lao
This match just sucks some major ass since kung lao controls the air. Not much u can do since lao can get in ur face with the quickness.

6-4 vs Liu Kang
kang is pretty much dead in the water if he cant get close freddy zoning just locks him down

4-6 vs Mileena
D4 D4 D4 D4 geezus u cant do crossup on this bitch for nothing. Trying to zone her is out the window. Best tool i found to deal with her Ball and tele kick if blocked is U3 With freddy that leads to some serious damage to mileena players and might push them away from trying to spam u with tele kick and ball.

6-4 vs Nightwolf
Not a bad match up can be at times hard to zone since nightwolf can reflect freddy zoning and leave u open for a free lighting if reflect is done on u.

5-5 vs Noob Saibot
Zoning war both guys are pretty much equal in this department.

5-5 vs Quan Chi
Most people would this this was a match 6-4 in favor of freddy but after facing a real quanchi player like insuperable it has gone to a 5-5 reason i say this cause quanchi has great mix up. On top of having great mix ups that god damn rune trap fucks u over so bad. Rune trap is broken and needs to be Fixed.
4-6 vs Raiden
God damn raiden teleport this mofo just dont sit still. Freddy Zoning is out the window and u have to learn to fight raiden up close in this match up.

5-5 vs Rain
After fighting cdjr rain this match can be one. The zoning is there for freddy just gotta watch out for rain once he gets close.

4-6 vs Reptile
Reptile Dash is stupid fast and people who keep doing it over and over make it hard for freddy to do anything.

5-5 vs Scorpion
After playing Scoot Mcgee all i gotta say is that damn vortex sucks some major ass. Once ur caught in that ur fucked. If ur lucky to avoid it then u can win the zoning war as long as scorpion doesnt hell fire u to death.

5-5 vs Sektor
Hard match for freddy since sektor can use ex teleport can get him in close on freddy. Not a easy task to zone sektor.

6-4 vs Shang Tsung
Only thing i worry about is soul steal. If he steals ur soul that turns this match up to a 5-5.

7-3 vs Sheeva
Sheeva only tool to get in is teleport stomp and that can be punished.

4-6 vs Sindel
This is the 1 charater in the game i feel can out zone freddy due to her air fireballs coming out so damn fast. Best weapon to use is sweet dreams to help stop her from doing air fireballs so much.

6-4 vs Skarlet
Not much to say havent faced to many scarlet players. The only 1 i have played that was good and that was bluenine. same problem with her freddy just out zones her and her teleport can be punished.

4-6 vs Smoke
After fighting KT smith and Cdjr This by far Has to be his worst match up since u cant zone smoke for nothing due to his shake. Use lots of groud spikes and nms to deal with teleport. Beware of smokes d1 since it can anti air u.

5-5 vs Sonya Blade
after fighting reo and kevo da man its hard to keep sonya away since she can get in very quick. d4 cartwheel and sonya mix up can be a problem. keep her at full screen at all times.

6-4 vs Stryker
There really isnt many stryker players out there. only 1 i have had some match up with was j360 and freddy seemed not to have to many problems with him.

7-3 vs Sub-Zero
Im sorry to say this i dont know how some people gave this a 5-5 freddy rapes sub zero. freddy out zones the hell out of him and i dont see much zub zero can do. i have fought dark rob and subzero game changes from being defensive to being offfensive. sub cant sit back and wait for freddy to come.

Side note i feel freddy best wake up is close ground spike since it sends ur opponent back to full screen with 4 ground spikes in a row for 16% damage that is unbreakable and if u add an ex ground spike it does 20% unbreakable combo. Now your opponent has to try and get back in close to u.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Thanks for posting! Finally, there is someone other than me talking about all of Freddy's match ups.

By the way, close spike is punishable on block. I would use it carefully.