What's new

Fred Marvel's Tier list 9/4/17

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
*deep breath*

Let's have a look at the list in question.

-Half of your B tier characters have been in almost every Top 8 since the game started.
-Where's Bane?
-Scarecrow won CEO and has been an almost universally accepted Top 5 character ever since, but he's B tier?.
-Almost every character in A and B can beat or go even with Darkseid depending on the player.
-Red Hood and Captain Cold have some of the best gimmicks in the game, but Red isn't even Top 10 and Cold is bottom 10?

Don't go making me look sane, Fred. It's a bad look. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
People think scarecrow is top 5? He's good. top 10 for sure but not better than catwoman or superman or batman or deadshot or darkseid or even aquaman so how is he top 5?

And when will you guys get through your brains that tournament placing alone don't decide tier placings. Sonicfox can make top 8 with captain cold alone probably and that character is not top 10

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
People think scarecrow is top 5? He's good. top 10 for sure but not better than catwoman or superman or batman or deadshot or darkseid or even aquaman so how is he top 5?

And when will you guys get through your brains that tournament placing alone don't decide tier placings. Sonicfox can make top 8 with captain cold alone probably and that character is not top 10
challenge accepted.

friday night, when I'm off.
you or whoever you pick that wants to fight.
my Scarecrow vs whoever the hell you want, FT10.
I will take my place as the Gary Johnson/crash test dummy of TYM because Scarecrow is probably the best built/most interesting and versatile character in the game and he should get some shine.
so I'll be the Riu and Sonya to your Brady and Sub, and we'll have a VSM Throwback Deathmatch.
and I'm gonna win. Because Crow's too unshitty and I'm too blessed with the luck of the weird to lose.

Book it, Heyman.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
lol I don't have catwoman or batman in S tier I have them in A tier.

I'm just saying they're both broken, maybe deadshot is S+ and Darkseid is S but I don't think it was necessary to point that out they're both broke saying any more is splitting hairs.

He's not good
Darkseid is worse than catwoman, supergirl, and a few other characters, what im asking is what makes darkseid so broke?

Tweedy

Noob
Neither Darkseid nor Deadshot is an S-tier character. People want to use S to mean 'top/high tier', but that's not what it really means.

S tier is broken tier. It's Tanya, Alien, Kabal, MMH. It's 7-3'ing the majority of the cast, "why even try against this character" situations.

What people are calling S right now is really A or A+. Deadshot isn't broken tier, he's just marginally better than most. It's all of his slight advantages adding up that make him so good.
1. Did ECT not indicate that Deadshot could be Tanya/Alien tier? Top tier characters don't randomly show up in 9 out of 11 top 8 sets lol.

2. Trying to lay down a law on tier list structures is really weird imo. The last competitive community I was involved in before this was Smite and popular streamers who did tier lists like Dmbrandon, would use SS as the god tier and S as the regular top tier, with S+ being the stand out top tiers that aren't quite Tanya/Alien/Deadshot. I'm used to tier lists being done like that so that's how i'm gonna do em. If you A+ and A boys want to do yours like that, i'm not gonna come in here and lay down some type of law. Tier lists are stupid anyways it's not like you go to school and enroll in tier list courses. Neither you or I are majoring in tier listology and know the true structure. Who cares let people do what they want fam.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
1. Did ECT not indicate that Deadshot could be Tanya/Alien tier? Top tier characters don't randomly show up in 9 out of 11 top 8 sets lol.

2. Trying to lay down a law on tier list structures is really weird imo. The last competitive community I was involved in before this was Smite and popular streamers who did tier lists like Dmbrandon, would use SS as the god tier and S as the regular top tier, with S+ being the stand out top tiers that aren't quite Tanya/Alien/Deadshot. I'm used to tier lists being done like that so that's how i'm gonna do em. If you A+ and A boys want to do yours like that, i'm not gonna come in here and lay down some type of law. Tier lists are stupid anyways it's not like you go to school and enroll in tier list courses. Neither you or I are majoring in tier listology and know the true structure. Who cares let people do what they want fam.
So to be frank, DS is showing up more out of convenience than being truly Alien tier. Here's the reasoning:

1. You play a character that struggles against zoning. So you need an option in tournament to cover MUs where being zoned is an issue.
  2. You could play any zoners to deal with this -- however Deadshot does well against the other zoners, and he's also easier to play and can be picked up in a couple weeks. So it makes logical sense.
Imo it's a much different situation than vanilla "beats everybody for free and 7-3's 90% of the cast" Tanya. The zoning is an issue for certain chars, and DS is just the easiest option to deal with it.

Last edited:

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
So to be frank, DS is showing up more out of convenience than being truly Alien tier. Here's the reasoning:

1. You play a character that struggles against zoning. So you need an option in tournament to cover MUs where being zoned is an issue.
  2. You could play any zoners to deal with this -- however Deadshot does well against the other zoners, and he's also easier to play and can be picked up in a couple weeks. So it makes logical sense.
Imo it's a much different situation than vanilla "beats everybody for free and 7-3's 90% of the cast" Tanya. The zoning is an issue for certain chars, and DS is just the easiest option to deal with it.
Day 1 Tanya was the most broken character ever of the games NRS has developed so far lul. I doubt any character will be in the same status

Tweedy

Noob
Day 1 Tanya was the most broken character ever of the games NRS has developed so far lul. I doubt any character will be in the same status
Yeah we didn't have enough time with her. If she didn't get changed no character ever would have come close. Basically infinites all over the place if you implement optimal pressure from Sonic/Dragon's Tanyas on later versions.

The truth is anyone that makes a tier list is bound to get trashed. The game is extremely balanced. I think more in the way that most characters have some broken shit going on but there's so much broken shit going on it comes down to who can do their broke shit the most in a certain mu.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I think more in the way that most characters have some broken shit going on but there's so much broken shit going on it comes down to who can do their broke shit the most in a certain mu.
To be honest, there's not much going on in this game that's broken. Dirty yes, but not broken.

It's more that nearly every character has at least one pronounced weakness that keeps them in check.

To be honest, there's not much going on in this game that's broken. Dirty yes, but not broken.

It's more that nearly every character has at least one pronounced weakness that keeps them in check.
What is deadshots weakness? What is adams weakness? How about red hood? This game is balanced around the neutral game and around mu's. It really is which character can do their broken shit in a single mu. Best example is flash vs swamp thang. The flash can beat deadshot but suffers harder to a universally agreed bottom tier character

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
challenge accepted.

friday night, when I'm off.
you or whoever you pick that wants to fight.
my Scarecrow vs whoever the hell you want, FT10.
I will take my place as the Gary Johnson/crash test dummy of TYM because Scarecrow is probably the best built/most interesting and versatile character in the game and he should get some shine.
so I'll be the Riu and Sonya to your Brady and Sub, and we'll have a VSM Throwback Deathmatch.
and I'm gonna win. Because Crow's too unshitty and I'm too blessed with the luck of the weird to lose.

Book it, Heyman.
not sure im gonna be at home friday night but if i am ill play you

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
What is deadshots weakness? What is adams weakness? How about red hood? This game is balanced around the neutral game and around mu's. It really is which character can do their broken shit in a single mu. Best example is flash vs swamp thang. The flash can beat deadshot but suffers harder to a universally agreed bottom tier character
Black Adam is free af on wakeup, Deadshot lacks burst damage and consistent anti-airs, Red Hood is jack of all trades but master of none(beat him upclose or outzone; that's why he doesn't have a true counter, he always has a sweet spot where he will outdo you)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Black Adam's weakness is wakeup. Deadshot's weakness is low profiling/mobility/ranged air attack, which is why people are saying he loses to CW. I don't know Red Hood well enough to comment, but you can bet he has a failsafe built in as well.

We're not in the Kabal/MMH days any longer -- a character being very good does not make them invincible or mean they don't lose a single MU.

Black Adam's weakness is wakeup. Deadshot's weakness is low profiling/mobility/ranged air attack, which is why people are saying he loses to CW. I don't know Red Hood well enough to comment, but you can bet he has a failsafe built in as well.

We're not in the Kabal/MMH days any longer. A character being very good does not make them invincible.
I can agree on bladams wake up. The points on deadshot are arguable if you can j1 like foxy. Catwoman doesn't expose a weakness, she just has a broken j2.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The points on deadshot are arguable if you can j1 like foxy. Catwoman doesn't expose a weakness, she just has a broken j2.
It's the same weakness that has people also saying that Supergirl might win. J2 and airdash vs. air laser serve simlar purposes.

CW has good walk speed, b3, etc. to get in. Supergirl's analog is would be the the airdash, and her long j1 would help counter Deadshot's j1. Instant air laser as well.

It's the same weakness that has people also saying that Supergirl might win. J2 and airdash vs. air laser serve simlar purposes.

CW has good walk speed, b3, etc. to get in. Supergirl's analog is would be the the airdash
You would never get away with air dash against a foxy, sonic, bio, etc lmao deadshot. I agree she could win but i think it's mainly because of the lasers.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman

We're not in the Kabal/MMH days any longer. A character being very good does not make them invincible.
Red Hood gets wrecked against superior zoners.He is meter dependent, and if you take away his zoning, he won't have enough bar for the constant threat of mb lunge, also red hood free to meaty strings with good pressure as his only wake-up is the backwards roll which gets stuffed and the forward lunge which only works due to you failing meaty oki(it's not invincible but the forward lunge has the best start-up frames in the game[9 frame mid that covers a scarecrow f1 range in such time, and you can mb for chip, more damage and safety!].He has too many tools and if you let him get away with stupid mix[trait rekkas], you'll lose eventually.

Does any Red Hood player know which buttons into trait cancel have a punishable gap?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
You would never get away with air dash against a foxy, sonic, bio, etc lmao deadshot. I agree she could win but i think it's mainly because of the lasers.
It already happened. Watch Foxy vs. Theo and tell me Foxy blew up every air dash/jump-in (even in footsie range).

In addition yeah, if you hit him with a laser, you can jump forward and airdash to cover ground. The main benefit is using your mobility to cover ground so that you can get to the just-outside-of-footsie range game more easily.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Red Hood gets wrecked against superior zoners.He is meter dependent, and if you take away his zoning, he won't have enough bar for the constant threat of mb lunge, also red hood free to meaty strings with good pressure as his only wake-up is the backwards roll which gets stuffed and the forward lunge which only works due to you failing meaty oki(it's not invincible but the forward lunge has the best start-up frames in the game[9 frame mid that covers a scarecrow f1 range in such time, and you can mb for chip, more damage and safety!].He has too many tools and if you let him get away with stupid mix[trait rekkas], you'll lose eventually.

Does any Red Hood player know which buttons into trait cancel have a punishable gap?
i know that b2~trait has a gap but its not punishable. you gotta backdash that one.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

We're not in the Kabal/MMH days any longer -- a character being very good does not make them invincible or mean they don't lose a single MU.
#Facts

Deadshot is more like MK9 Kenshi than Kabal, he's just easy as sunday morning to use and he loses to Catwoman instead of Kitana. They're both built to smother you in projectiles and keep you off their asses in the process. Except if Floyd has Kenshi's up close damage, this community would die from mass hysteria.

So he loses to deadshot who everyone says is broken.

It already happened. Watch Foxy vs. Theo and tell me Foxy blew up every air dash/jump-in (even in footsie range).

In addition yeah, if you hit him with a laser, you can jump forward and airdash to cover ground. The main benefit is using your mobility to cover ground so that you can get to the just-outside-of-footsie range game more easily.
Who won the match?

I really don't think Black Adam is top tier anymore. I don't see any evidence to support him being above mid-tier. I think the top 5 are Deadshot, Supergirl, Batman, Superman, and Green Arrow. Runners up would be Catwoman, Red Hood, Darkseid and Scarecrow