What's new

FP3 Discussion: Is "V" the big "surprise?"

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
1. Don't wanna imagine how annoying the discourse would be like with something of Moore's being used in a game

2. Not the biggest fan V, he's a fascinating character but I've gotten seriously soured on him due to people treating him heroic

3. Really wanna see more characters like Etrigan, Wildcat, Dr. Polaris, Static, Icon ETC over various Dark Horse characters. Just a preference thing.
Discourse involved with something of Moore's being used? So Swamp Thing (it's not exclusively his but he fucking made the character what he is today) also odds are, we get a Watchman character in this (Moore again) so I fail to see what it being a Moore title has to do with this?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Personally, V's cool. He's a cool, interesting character with a lot of personality and would have killer gear I'd think. Will we get him? Idk, maybe? It certainly would be a surprise. It being Alan Moore's thing would not at all effect the character making it into the game. However what DOES effect this, is the Doomsday clock. New comic coming soon which is the meeting of Watchmen and the DC universe. Keep in mind NRS/WB will always have a reason for putting a weird character in. (Hellboy made it because of the new Movie coming out. Enchantress, or the character we can assume is Enchantress, is making it in due to Suicide squad) and while Doomsday clock clearly focuses more on Dr. Manhattan um...he has the issue of being a naked man in a game where gear is a draw. So get ready for Rorschach because he's probably the one.

EDIT: Or it'll be Spawn, he has a movie in the works too yea?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Personally, V's cool. He's a cool, interesting character with a lot of personality and would have killer gear I'd think. Will we get him? Idk, maybe? It certainly would be a surprise. It being Alan Moore's thing would not at all effect the character making it into the game. However what DOES effect this, is the Doomsday clock. New comic coming soon which is the meeting of Watchmen and the DC universe. Keep in mind NRS/WB will always have a reason for putting a weird character in. (Hellboy made it because of the new Movie coming out. Enchantress, or the character we can assume is Enchantress, is making it in due to Suicide squad) and while Doomsday clock clearly focuses more on Dr. Manhattan um...he has the issue of being a naked man in a game where gear is a draw. So get ready for Rorschach because he's probably the one.

EDIT: Or it'll be Spawn, he has a movie in the works too yea?
He does indeed.

Wigy

There it is...
Cool character or not from a design standpoint he’d be boring

Constantine would be waaay better.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I don't care who it is honestly. As long as the char beats Deadshot and Fate, im happy. Fuck both of those characters.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I don't care who it is honestly. As long as the char beats Deadshot and Fate, im happy. Fuck both of those characters.
Fate is projectile spam for sure, but Deadshot is even faster projectile spam with 50/50’s and a god tier fully invincible forward advancing wake up that can BE MADE SAFE.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This would be an absolutely terrible DLC choice, in my opinion.

Although I'm not a huge fan of the character, Spawn is the best choice for guest character in FP3. He's massively popular and will generate a TON of money for WB/NRS. There's literally no other feasible choice that would be better for the game.

Fighter Pack 3 will be Atom (obviously), Enchantress and Spawn. Although I'll say the one silhouette looks a lot like Azrael, though.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I would be against V as a DLC for Injustice 2. Because, although a DC property , the character isn't integrated into the main DC comic universe and therefore will be considered a guest character. And I am not a fan of the idea of guests.
But my main problem with the character selection for this game is that it is a superhero fighting game. The main thrill of the idea is to play a fighter with some unique special abilities. And there are plenty to choose from in the DC universe: telepathy, shapeshifting, controlling energy, godlike super strength and speed, all kinds of magical powers, power absorption, possession , etc.
And yet apart from a staple of super powered poster boys we have :
-a guy in a bat suit with gadgets
-a guy with guns
-a guy with a freeze gun
-a guy in a red helmet with guns
-a guy dressed like a clown with a gun
-a girl dressed like a clown with
guns
-a guy with a bow and arrows
-a guy with a sword and gadgets
That is like a third of a roster of just...people. Some are well trained, some are rich, some are just crazy ...just like in real life)) and then there are also characters who considered superhuman but aren't really far from normal people. Like
-a very agile woman with a whip
-and a guy on very strong steroids
-a guy using a very strong hullucinagennic gas
-a girl who can scream very loud (I mean any kryptonian can canonically make a much, much louder sound with their vocal chords)
And on top of that we have just a bunch of clone characters who are doing the same exact shit in terms of their powers but are occupying 2 slots on the character select screen.

And here you want the last DLC for this Superhero Fighting game to be a guest character who is just another guy with guns and explosives and whose only super attributes are above average physical stats?

Eh.. ya know, I never really thought of it like that. I never broke it down like that in my head.. and you're actually super right. We have a shit ton of athletic people with guns. Im fine with the bow and arrow, it's handled in (to me anyway) a thematically interesting way, but you're right.. the number of SUPER HEROES who actually have like, unique powers, are kinda limited.

Putting it like that, there is definitely some design space that's not being occupied here.. there is a ton of potential to explore with this that's not being tapped in to.

It would be nice to see super powers expressed as something other than just throwing them at people at well. A lot of the actual superpowered characters, even if they do have interesting designs, seem to kind of fall in to the "throw colored light at people" bucket. Darkseid, Fate, Starfire, etc. I'd like to see more powers expressed in ways that don't just equate to throwing said power, in a different color and shape, at the opponent.

Constantine is a big hope of mine, I don't know anything about him outside the movie stuff, but the idea of the character and what he could potentially do could make for something unique and interesting.

I'm not a comic fan personally. I think it's all really interesting but I don't keep up with any of it or follow a particular person/world, so when it comes to characters in the game in somewhat less concerned with WHO they are, as HOW they play. Since I don't have a huge fan-leaning towards a specific person or set of people, to me it's just about the pile of abilities and possibilities that it represents - but there's no reason we can't have both.

I still think Spawn could be amazing.

oh boo hoo
How is that not a legitimate issue? I dont get how people like V but dont want to accept all the context surrounding the character.

Or for that matter the Watchmen. I dont get how people can enjoy Rorshark as a character and still desire to put him in a context where his character means nothing.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
How is that not a legitimate issue? I dont get how people like V but dont want to accept all the context surrounding the character.

Or for that matter the Watchmen. I dont get how people can enjoy Rorshark as a character and still desire to put him in a context where his character means nothing.
Agreed. Rorschach as a fighting game character would bring nothing to the table. Well, maybe a hairspray flamethrower restand. But literally nothing about what makes him a compelling character could be represented, so it seems like a mute point.

I personally think Neo would be a ridiculous addition, zero hype, but it would actually make sense. You'd have a character with superhuman powers at the bare minimum.

Eh.. ya know, I never really thought of it like that. I never broke it down like that in my head.. and you're actually super right. We have a shit ton of athletic people with guns. Im fine with the bow and arrow, it's handled in (to me anyway) a thematically interesting way, but you're right.. the number of SUPER HEROES who actually have like, unique powers, are kinda limited.

Putting it like that, there is definitely some design space that's not being occupied here.. there is a ton of potential to explore with this that's not being tapped in to.

It would be nice to see super powers expressed as something other than just throwing them at people at well. A lot of the actual superpowered characters, even if they do have interesting designs, seem to kind of fall in to the "throw colored light at people" bucket. Darkseid, Fate, Starfire, etc. I'd like to see more powers expressed in ways that don't just equate to throwing said power, in a different color and shape, at the opponent.

Constantine is a big hope of mine, I don't know anything about him outside the movie stuff, but the idea of the character and what he could potentially do could make for something unique and interesting.

I'm not a comic fan personally. I think it's all really interesting but I don't keep up with any of it or follow a particular person/world, so when it comes to characters in the game in somewhat less concerned with WHO they are, as HOW they play. Since I don't have a huge fan-leaning towards a specific person or set of people, to me it's just about the pile of abilities and possibilities that it represents - but there's no reason we can't have both.

I still think Spawn could be amazing.
I love John Constantine and everything about him in the comics, wanted him since inj1, but things aren't looking like he has got a chance to be in now(

I would be against V as a DLC for Injustice 2. Because, although a DC property , the character isn't integrated into the main DC comic universe and therefore will be considered a guest character. And I am not a fan of the idea of guests.
But my main problem with the character selection for this game is that it is a superhero fighting game. The main thrill of the idea is to play a fighter with some unique special abilities. And there are plenty to choose from in the DC universe: telepathy, shapeshifting, controlling energy, godlike super strength and speed, all kinds of magical powers, power absorption, possession , etc.
And yet apart from a staple of super powered poster boys we have :
-a guy in a bat suit with gadgets
-a guy with guns
-a guy with a freeze gun
-a guy in a red helmet with guns
-a guy dressed like a clown with a gun
-a girl dressed like a clown with
guns
-a guy with a bow and arrows
-a guy with a sword and gadgets
That is like a third of a roster of just...people. Some are well trained, some are rich, some are just crazy ...just like in real life)) and then there are also characters who considered superhuman but aren't really far from normal people. Like
-a very agile woman with a whip
-and a guy on very strong steroids
-a guy using a very strong hullucinagennic gas
-a girl who can scream very loud (I mean any kryptonian can canonically make a much, much louder sound with their vocal chords)
And on top of that we have just a bunch of clone characters who are doing the same exact shit in terms of their powers but are occupying 2 slots on the character select screen.

And here you want the last DLC for this Superhero Fighting game to be a guest character who is just another guy with guns and explosives and whose only super attributes are above average physical stats?
Oh, yeah) and I forgot a guy in the high tech diver suit with a harpoon)