What's new

FP3 Discussion: Is "V" the big "surprise?"

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So I've been thinking and have come the conclusion that this is worthy of a discussion.

The majority has heard the phrase:

"Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder, treason and plot,
I know of no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot."

It turns out this phrase originates from Guy Fawkes, an English soldier in 1606 but is more commonly associated with a 1988-1989 DC graphic Novel entitled "V for Vendetta."

Ed Boon said there is a big unexpected surprise coming that no one would expect.

Maybe, just maybe, "V" is that said surprise. It is definitely extremely.. "Fitting" for FP3 to be revealed in November all things considered.

ORIGIN

For those who aren't familiar with "V," his background is largely unknown. What we do know is he was once an inmate who suffered at the infamous "Larkhill Resettlement Camp," a concentration camp where prisoners are exterminated gruesomely by Britain's new fascist regime, Norsefire. While there, he is part of a group of prisoners who are subjected to horrific medical experimentation, All prisoners so injected soon die under gruesome circumstances, with the sole exception of "the man in room five" ("V" in Roman numerals). Although there is nothing physically wrong with him, his actions seem to maintain a twisted logic to them. The experiments actually yield some beneficial results as well; he develops Olympic-level reflexes, increased strength, and incredibly expanded mental capacity as demonstrated consistently throughout the novel.

On the night of November 5th, he detonates a homemade bomb and escapes his cell. Much of the camp is set ablaze, and many of the guards who rush in to see what happened are killed by mustard gas. The camp is evacuated and closed down. He adopts the new identity, "V", and dons a Guy Fawkes mask and costume. V then spends the next five years planning his revenge on the Norsefire government, building his secret base, which he calls the "Shadow Gallery". He then kills off most of the over 40 surviving personnel from Larkhill, making each killing look like an accident.

END OF ORIGIN

Abilities

• Superhuman strength
    • Superhuman speed
    • Superhuman reflexes
    • Genius-level intellect
    • Enhanced physiology
    • Master swordsman, martial artist, and marksman
    • Master hacker
    • Master of stealth
    • Master in Demolition
If "V" is the supposed surprise for FP3, this would definitely fit. Being a character owned by DC that hasn't shown up in years, and an appearance that compliments the gear system very well, he seems like a strong candidate.

What do you all think about this? The only thing that seems off is the silhouettes in the first fighter pack trailer since none of them match up. But for all we know, nrs could have their own design for him.

Last edited:

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
Delete this thread fam... I'm tired of non DC characters as DLC I swear Wb/ Nrs only FG that does this and it's STUPID... give us D.C. Characters...

So I've been thinking and have come the conclusion that this is worthy of a discussion.

The majority has heard the phrase:

"Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder, treason and plot,
I know of no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot."

It turns out this phrase originates from a 1988-1989 DC graphic Novel entitled "V for Vendetta."

Ed Boon said there is a big unexpected surprise coming that no one would expect.

Maybe, just maybe, "V" is that said surprise. It is definitely extremely.. "Fitting" for FP3 to be revealed in November all things considered.

ORIGIN

For those who aren't familiar with "V," his background is largely unknown. What we do know is he was once an inmate who suffered at the infamous "Larkhill Resettlement Camp," a concentration camp where prisoners are exterminated gruesomely by Britain's new fascist regime, Norsefire. While there, he is part of a group of prisoners who are subjected to horrific medical experimentation, All prisoners so injected soon die under gruesome circumstances, with the sole exception of "the man in room five" ("V" in Roman numerals). Although there is nothing physically wrong with him, his actions seem to maintain a twisted logic to them. The experiments actually yield some beneficial results as well; he develops Olympic-level reflexes, increased strength, and incredibly expanded mental capacity as demonstrated consistently throughout the novel.

On the night of November 5th, he detonates a homemade bomb and escapes his cell. Much of the camp is set ablaze, and many of the guards who rush in to see what happened are killed by mustard gas. The camp is evacuated and closed down. He adopts the new identity, "V", and dons a Guy Fawkes mask and costume. V then spends the next five years planning his revenge on the Norsefire government, building his secret base, which he calls the "Shadow Gallery". He then kills off most of the over 40 surviving personnel from Larkhill, making each killing look like an accident.

END OF ORIGIN

Abilities

• Superhuman strength
    • Superhuman speed
    • Superhuman reflexes
    • Genius-level intellect
    • Enhanced physiology
    • Master swordsman, martial artist, and marksman
    • Master hacker
    • Master of stealth
    • Master in Demolition
If "V" is the supposed surprise for FP3, this would definitely fit. Being a character owned by DC that hasn't shown up in years, and an appearance that compliments the gear system very well, he seems like a strong candidate.

What do you all think about this? The only thing that seems off is the silhouettes in the first fighter pack trailer since none of them match up. But for all we know, nrs could have their own design for him.

where did boon say there would be a big surprise?

Thingy

Retired account
I am a big fan of the V For Vendetta graphic novel and movie. If he was in this game along with Hellboy, it would feel like IJ2 DLC was made for me.

Honestly, he would be a great fit in IJ2, especially with the way modern politics/government/society is going.

While it is a long shot that V is DLC, I hope he is in this game, MK11, or Injustice 3. The character needs a resurrection.

I would be against V as a DLC for Injustice 2. Because, although a DC property , the character isn't integrated into the main DC comic universe and therefore will be considered a guest character. And I am not a fan of the idea of guests.
But my main problem with the character selection for this game is that it is a superhero fighting game. The main thrill of the idea is to play a fighter with some unique special abilities. And there are plenty to choose from in the DC universe: telepathy, shapeshifting, controlling energy, godlike super strength and speed, all kinds of magical powers, power absorption, possession , etc.
And yet apart from a staple of super powered poster boys we have :
-a guy in a bat suit with gadgets
-a guy with guns
-a guy with a freeze gun
-a guy in a red helmet with guns
-a guy dressed like a clown with a gun
-a girl dressed like a clown with
guns
-a guy with a bow and arrows
-a guy with a sword and gadgets
That is like a third of a roster of just...people. Some are well trained, some are rich, some are just crazy ...just like in real life)) and then there are also characters who considered superhuman but aren't really far from normal people. Like
-a very agile woman with a whip
-and a guy on very strong steroids
-a guy using a very strong hullucinagennic gas
-a girl who can scream very loud (I mean any kryptonian can canonically make a much, much louder sound with their vocal chords)
And on top of that we have just a bunch of clone characters who are doing the same exact shit in terms of their powers but are occupying 2 slots on the character select screen.

And here you want the last DLC for this Superhero Fighting game to be a guest character who is just another guy with guns and explosives and whose only super attributes are above average physical stats?

E

Eldriken

I cleaned up the nonsense that didn't take long to get started.

Voice your opinions and such all you want, but do it with some more class and a little less emotion.

Keep in mind what an opinion is when posting yours. If you want yours to be viewed as such and treated as such, make sure to give that same respect to everyone else involved.

haketh

Noob
i fail to see what the issue is with v being in this game....
1. Don't wanna imagine how annoying the discourse would be like with something of Moore's being used in a game

2. Not the biggest fan V, he's a fascinating character but I've gotten seriously soured on him due to people treating him heroic

3. Really wanna see more characters like Etrigan, Wildcat, Dr. Polaris, Static, Icon ETC over various Dark Horse characters. Just a preference thing.

DarksydeDash

I would be against V as a DLC for Injustice 2. Because, although a DC property , the character isn't integrated into the main DC comic universe and therefore will be considered a guest character. And I am not a fan of the idea of guests.
But my main problem with the character selection for this game is that it is a superhero fighting game. The main thrill of the idea is to play a fighter with some unique special abilities. And there are plenty to choose from in the DC universe: telepathy, shapeshifting, controlling energy, godlike super strength and speed, all kinds of magical powers, power absorption, possession , etc.
And yet apart from a staple of super powered poster boys we have :
-a guy in a bat suit with gadgets
-a guy with guns
-a guy with a freeze gun
-a guy in a red helmet with guns
-a guy dressed like a clown with a gun
-a girl dressed like a clown with
guns
-a guy with a bow and arrows
-a guy with a sword and gadgets
That is like a third of a roster of just...people. Some are well trained, some are rich, some are just crazy ...just like in real life)) and then there are also characters who considered superhuman but aren't really far from normal people. Like
-a very agile woman with a whip
-and a guy on very strong steroids
-a guy using a very strong hullucinagennic gas
-a girl who can scream very loud (I mean any kryptonian can canonically make a much, much louder sound with their vocal chords)
And on top of that we have just a bunch of clone characters who are doing the same exact shit in terms of their powers but are occupying 2 slots on the character select screen.

And here you want the last DLC for this Superhero Fighting game to be a guest character who is just another guy with guns and explosives and whose only super attributes are above average physical stats?
Very valid opinion, but I never said I wanted him. This is all just theory why he is possible.

DarksydeDash

I cleaned up the nonsense that didn't take long to get started.

Voice your opinions and such all you want, but do it with some more class and a little less emotion.

Keep in mind what an opinion is when posting yours. If you want yours to be viewed as such and treated as such, make sure to give that same respect to everyone else involved.
I ignored the people who started that (can't see the conversation) so I take it that it went out of control?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Interesting theory, but how can we be sure if it isn't another epic trolling from Boon?

BTW, where did you hear this poetic phrase?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
The 4chan/Anonymous association is so strong at this point that I doubt anyone in gaming would do this, frankly.

The big surprise Boon is talking about is almost certainly either Constantine or Rorschach, both of whom have been heavily requested since the first game. Let's hope it's Constantine and not yet another powerless dude-with-a-gun.

DarksydeDash

The 4chan/Anonymous association is so strong at this point that I doubt anyone in gaming would do this, frankly.

The big surprise Boon is talking about is almost certainly either Constantine or Rorschach, both of whom have been heavily requested since the first game. Let's hope it's Constantine and not yet another powerless dude-with-a-gun.
I definitely want Constantine in.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I definitely want Constantine in.
I don’t want to pop your bubble but no character that is a right trigger multiverse assist has been added to the base game.And that Constantine will assist you in single player content via your call with the right trigger.