What's new

FOXY debates FATE after he attacks Ketchup and Sonic

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
No, listen to people who devote their lifes into a video game...do that instead.

One thing is the drive to compete, another is your critical sense and how wise you are and where you spend your precious human life time.
Are you giving life advice on a Mortal Kombat forum? We are here to talk about MK and I'll listen to a pro player over some dipshit on youtube who is clueless about the most basic game mechanics that have been around for a decade every day of the week.

Are you giving life advice on a Mortal Kombat forum? We are here to talk about MK and I'll listen to a pro player over some dipshit on youtube who is clueless about the most basic game mechanics that have been around for a decade every day of the week.
No, my dear. The subject was why you should listen to "x" or "y" people....and you people love to use the argument that pro players should be heard because they have a better understanding of what is happening, right?
So....I just said that, in my view, that way of seeing things is not getting the whole picture of what is happening.

And yes dude....I try to expand things, and you are trying to simplify to "mortal kombat".....just prooves again the restrictive mindset....yes this subject can be profound as we want to be, and I'm not ashamed of it.

I'm not giving life advice....this is just my opinion. Just that.

That "let me talk about mortal kombat I just want to talk about that my mortal kombat"....like....if you really pay attention to that, it tells a lot....

As soon as people cross the line to be a competitive player, or use time in something like this....yes, you have to be profound and expand things, not restrict to "my game bro let me play my game"....

CipherJ

Noob
No, listen to people who devote their lifes into a video game...do that instead.

One thing is the drive to compete, another is your critical sense and how wise you are and where you spend your precious human life time.
Are you an anti-video game prosthelytite or just an anti-fighting game advocate?

We are at an interesting time in humanity where people can take a leisure past time and make a living off it.

I play video games to unwind. I don't take it too seriously, but want a quality product to spend my time with. MK1 probably took over $100 million to make, but it is far from perfect. I like what it offers, but people who play it 6-12 hours a day for 5 days a week or more will call out its failings.

We here are musing on ways to improve it. I think NRS could have some great improvements if they carefully sorted through what is here.

What do you do for leisure with your precuous time @BRAZILIAN SHEEP?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Are you an anti-video game prosthelytite or just an anti-fighting game advocate?

We are at an interesting time in humanity where people can take a leisure past time and make a living off it.

I play video games to unwind. I don't take it too seriously, but want a quality product to spend my time with. MK1 probably took over $100 million to make, but it is far from perfect. I like what it offers, but people who play it 6-12 hours a day for 5 days a week or more will call out its failings.

We here are musing on ways to improve it. I think NRS could have some great improvements if they carefully sorted through what is here.

Funnily enough , nrs people left this site because of posts such as this dudes

CipherJ

Noob
What? Mine? They left because people, like myself, think that the hard core MK fans can have ideas that can improve MK?

Sure there are a lot of bad ideas out there. But NRS has come up with a bunch of bad ideas in their time. Look at Centrion and Jacqui on MK11 release. Look at Fujin at final build of MK11. Look at Deadshot nerf and his Inj2 release state.

I listen to everyone, but I'm convinced only pros understand the game at a fundamental level.
This FATE guy was just factually wrong on 98% of what he said. He spends every day for years making Mortal Kombat content only to complain about every MK but 11
For example he claimed "wiffing a button shouldn't cause you to lose 50% and went on to say you don't have to deal with that in SF6"
Foxy replied: "That's every fighting game since the dawn of time" then said: "if you wiff on SF6 you eat 70-80% and stuck against wall with limited options"
In fact that exists in Tekken, SF, GG, DOA, DBFZ and every MK since MK9 (actually also 3D games and MK Trilogy)
The guy refuses to use Kameos because "they are broken" he refuses to go into practice mode to learn because: "you can only learn in real matches just like Thai Kwan Do sparing" and he thinks he can beat trained fighters IRL that actually fight like brutal Muai Thai Kick Boxing bare fists vs his takes down practice sessions with a martial arts that doesn't actually fight to knock out/kill.

Back to MK1, dude also thought MK9 and MKX didn't have HTBs or MK1 pressure. Whole time he talked about this or that "you couldn't do 50% on SF6 or MK11 or MKX" I was like what the F was this guy playing and who the hell was he matching up against.
I play at locals and even I understand that I don't know the game at the same level as players like SonicFox, Foxy, Dragon, Rewind, Ninjakilla and Xombat. Clearly they know something the other pros don't. Or when Sonic would use "Garbage Tier Characters every Pro said was a dumpster fire" and took them to Evo with nasty dirt (D'Vorah, Kitana, and so on) or Dragon making Cetrion S Tier when everyone thought her zoning was too slow.

I certainly didn't see Foxy using Kitana as a Zoner using Lao Kameo at UFA. Every tech video and Dragon Sets was Rushdown/setplay with Kitana before that. And literally every Kitana main on Twitter to current day is still saying she's trash and needs buffs until Sonic showed the Unblockable 50% TrapThrow setups with Jax. Now there radio silence from Kitana mains other than begging not to have the unblockable Nerfed

fr stack

What? Mine? They left because people, like myself, think that the hard core MK fans can have ideas that can improve MK?

Sure there are a lot of bad ideas out there. But NRS has come up with a bunch of bad ideas in their time. Look at Centrion and Jacqui on MK11 release. Look at Fujin at final build of MK11. Look at Deadshot nerf and his Inj2 release state.
No no the other dude lol

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I listen to everyone, but I'm convinced only pros understand the game at a fundamental level.
This FATE guy was just factually wrong on 98% of what he said. He spends every day for years making Mortal Kombat content only to complain about every MK but 11
For example he claimed "wiffing a button shouldn't cause you to lose 50% and went on to say you don't have to deal with that in SF6"
Foxy replied: "That's every fighting game since the dawn of time" then said: "if you wiff on SF6 you eat 70-80% and stuck against wall with limited options"
In fact that exists in Tekken, SF, GG, DOA, DBFZ and every MK since MK9 (actually also 3D games and MK Trilogy)
The guy refuses to use Kameos because "they are broken" he refuses to go into practice mode to learn because: "you can only learn in real matches just like Thai Kwan Do sparing" and he thinks he can beat trained fighters IRL that actually fight like brutal Muai Thai Kick Boxing bare fists vs his takes down practice sessions with a martial arts that doesn't actually fight to knock out/kill.

Back to MK1, dude also thought MK9 and MKX didn't have HTBs or MK1 pressure. Whole time he talked about this or that "you couldn't do 50% on SF6 or MK11 or MKX" I was like what the F was this guy playing and who the hell was he matching up against.
I play at locals and even I understand that I don't know the game at the same level as players like SonicFox, Foxy, Dragon, Rewind, Ninjakilla and Xombat. Clearly they know something the other pros don't. Or when Sonic would use "Garbage Tier Characters every Pro said was a dumpster fire" and took them to Evo with nasty dirt (D'Vorah, Kitana, and so on) or Dragon making Cetrion S Tier when everyone thought her zoning was too slow.

I certainly didn't see Foxy using Kitana as a Zoner using Lao Kameo at UFA. Every tech video and Dragon Sets was Rushdown/setplay with Kitana before that. And literally every Kitana main on Twitter to current day is still saying she's trash and needs buffs until Sonic showed the Unblockable 50% TrapThrow setups with Jax. Now there radio silence from Kitana mains other than begging not to have the unblockable Nerfed
As nice as all that is, I'm pretty sure you are playing the Foxy part of your own conversation

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Thought this FATE wanker looked familiar. He's a small time YouTuber that was around 10 or so years ago, called InfiniteRetro/BaldAtGames. Made a few videos with TotalMK where they played MK, but apart from that he devolved into making right wing videos calling everything woke. Usually very homophobic too.

Guy is a grade A fucking C U N T

EDIT - he also went through a phase where he was a giant fanboy of certain consoles, flip flopping every few months. If you search BaldAtGames or InfiniteRetro on YouTube you'll probably be exposed to the cesspit of his old channel somehow.

Basically, the guy is a fucking clown and a major troll, and all videos and opinions from him should be disregarded. It's as simple as that.

Thought this FATE wanker looked familiar. He's a small time YouTuber that was around 10 or so years ago, called InfiniteRetro/BaldAtGames. Made a few videos with TotalMK where they played MK, but apart from that he devolved into making right wing videos calling everything woke. Usually very homophobic too.

Guy is a grade A fucking C U N T

EDIT - he also went through a phase where he was a giant fanboy of certain consoles, flip flopping every few months. If you search BaldAtGames or InfiniteRetro on YouTube you'll probably be exposed to the cesspit of his old channel somehow.

Basically, the guy is a fucking clown and a major troll, and all videos and opinions from him should be disregarded. It's as simple as that.
I watched a few of his newer FATE videos and the homophobic and right wing side came out. He definitely watches the Hodge Twins

Allright, they left this forum because of guys like me saying that you should not waste your time with bullshit that even the devs don't take seriously? Oh well....I can count ....probably I'm the only one here doing that haha

Allright, they left this forum because of guys like me saying that you should not waste your time with bullshit that even the devs don't take seriously? Oh well....I can count ....probably I'm the only one here doing that haha
More like the numbers are on Discord/Reddit/Twitter not on forums. There's barely any numbers on the Official MK1 WB forum

CipherJ

Noob
One thing for sure is NRS really doesn’t put their consumers first. It probably is WB’s fault.

We should have better online and cross play and combo practice while queueing for online.

I can understand that a whiney, loud, minority should be ignored at some level. Hey NRS is good at that, except for some of those knee jerk balancing decisions. “Oh yeah, Deadshot is broken? Well now he completely sucks. Take that you whiners.”

They make an awesome product, but…..

So, I am going to tell you what I do with my time and you will judge it, saying that is shit too, right? Ok....

I'm a normal person...I have my job, and of course when I have free time, I play my guitar, I listen to music a lot (I'm a musician too), and I have my spiritual practices as well.
And of course, I love play video games when I have free time......but not in a competitive way, specially when the first thing that pops-up in my screen is that premium shop.....

Far away from telling what you or whatever person should do with their time....but I am a firm believer that time is limited and precious....and WB crossed the line calling us consumers "stupid" with this last one.

For me the egregious shit....the worst...is the monetization in a game that costs full price, like....come on man....we need to have standards.

fr stack

When the site had more traffic everyone would just talk shit the whole time , ive been here the whole time so ive seen the change , the devs started moving away from the community , i personally think they should have thicker skin but if you cant respond how you would like because of the companies reputation you would eventually just get pissed off and leave

If it was up to this clown, the only mechanic in this game would be high punch, low punch, high kick , low kick, and maybe one or two special moves. This clown needs to step out the 90s and get with the times. He's still laughing stock of the Mortal Kombat community.

If it was up to this clown, the only mechanic in this game would be high punch, low punch, high kick , low kick, and maybe one or two special moves. This clown needs to step out the 90s and get with the times. He's still laughing stock of the Mortal Kombat community.
Which clown are you talking about?

In order for competion make more sense....(or any sense at all), restrictions need to be made, other wise it is just party and creativity (which is fine by the way for fun, no wonder....but competition?)

The problem is that we are talking about a video game, and fun is relative...it is not concrete, we can't measure that, and for some people they are going to have fun play some stuff, other ones playing other stuff.

But indeed dude....if you don't restrict some bullshit it is just a party game.....and in my humble opinion, there has never been a NRS game that was competitive.

CipherJ

Noob
Which clown are you talking about?

In order for competion make more sense....(or any sense at all), restrictions need to be made, other wise it is just party and creativity (which is fine by the way for fun, no wonder....but competition?)

The problem is that we are talking about a video game, and fun is relative...it is not concrete, we can't measure that, and for some people they are going to have fun play some stuff, other ones playing other stuff.

But indeed dude....if you don't restrict some bullshit it is just a party game.....and in my humble opinion, there has never been a NRS game that was competitive.
I took it he was referring to Fate.

As far as NRS games are considered Injustice 2 had pretty good balance after the Aquaman and Deadshot nerf. Though DS was essentially deleted from competition, but every single fighting game has characters who don’t ever see much representation in tournaments. Lily in SF6?

Mk1 has very good balance right now I would argue. In a recent big tournament top 4 was Geras, Ashrah, Havik, and Shao. The kameos they used were Lao, Sareena, Stryker, and Motaro. The only character of those 4 that I hear might be top 5 is Ashrah. Javier MK got 3rd with may be the worst character in game in big tournament in France. Balance at this point is best in NRS games may be ever.

Last edited:
I took it he was referring to Fate.

As far as NRS games are considered Injustice 2 had pretty good balance after the Aquaman and Deadshot nerf. Though DS was essentially deleted from competition, but every single fighting game has characters who don’t ever see much representation in tournaments. Lily in SF6?

Mk1 has very good balance right now I would argue. In a recent big tournament top 4 was Geras, Ashrah, Havik, and Shao. The kameos they used were Lao, Sareena, Stryker, and Motaro. The only character of those 4 that I hear might be top 5 is Ashrah. Javier MK got 3rd with may be the worst character in game in big tournament in France. Balance at this point is best in NRS games may be ever.
Like, this is the problem with MK players, almost in general.
Again, comparing shit to shit...."best that MK has ever been"...man, MK is not competitive, it has never been.....people competing in that does not mean that the game is competitive.

I would like to know what is your criteria to say that this mess is "balanced". Is the variety of bullshit on the screen this time? What it is? Is the amount of characters that you can use in a tournament? Man, you boost the bullshit and make all characters stupid...of course more chars will be viable....but it is stilll a rain of shit everywhere you look.

Just do this: Watch a Kung lao player (which Sonic Fox consider to be weak in a game like this) spamming armor on neutral, not being punished by jumping, having 50/50s and being rewarded by just pressing things on neutral....look at that as say it out loud "MK1 IS BALANCED AS FUCK", just do it.

You of course may have the opinion you want, of course.....but allow me to say that this is bullshit too, as this game is.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Again, comparing shit to shit...."best that MK has ever been"...man, MK is not competitive, it has never been.....people competing in that does not mean that the game is competitive.

I would like to know what is your criteria to say that this mess is "balanced". Is the variety of bullshit on the screen this time? What it is? Is the amount of characters that you can use in a tournament? Man, you boost the bullshit and make all characters stupid...of course more chars will be viable....but it is stilll a rain of shit everywhere you look.

Just do this: Watch a Kung lao player (which Sonic Fox consider to be weak in a game like this) spamming armor on neutral, not being punished by jumping, having 50/50s and being rewarded by just pressing things on neutral....look at that as say it out loud "MK1 IS BALANCED AS FUCK", just do it.

You of course may have the opinion you want, of course.....but allow me to say that this is bullshit too, as this game is.

Just out of curiosity, can you show us some examples of games you do consider to be balanced?

Chubbuddy

The Quirkiest
Here is the video, if you all don't know FATE he is a Scrubby MK Hate Channel that bitches about everything from 50% combos to losing half your life for wiffing a button to blaming K&M for NRS removing Cross play just because they beta tested "Game Balance for 5 Days and didn't have Internet access then lol:

I've debated him briefly before on Twitter a couple of weeks ago after he went after K&M. I found him unreasonable to just engage in conversation. First of all, I noticed that the dude was criticizing MK1 on his Twitter for the same sort of shit that was in the earlier MK games he was openly praising, so I engaged him a bit on this. He ended up deleting some of his tweets at me, so I don't have screenshots. Basically, I was taking issue with his complaints about combos and how big they were and yaddiyah... so I tweeted that MK has always had big damage combos and all of that, even in Armageddon when so many characters had infinites. He said something like "you can break so you don't have to get hit by an infinite if you don't want to" (I mean yes, this is true, but you get 3 breakers a match. Some characters could just infinite you at any point they hit you.) I tweeted him a video of a pretty easy Jade combo from MKD which did about 87%, and he basically said something like "this is just an exception because only the upper-echelon/pros (whatever he said) are doing these." Maybe, but like, I'm not a pro player lmao.

Any time I tried to respond to his points with a counterpoint or evidence of, he just kept saying "yeah but only the pros are doing that." It happened like three weeks ago and he deleted like all of his tweets after I engaged him lol, so I'm going off my memory here. Dude is such a lolcow.

CipherJ

Noob

What are the top 5 “competitive” fighting games for you?

I guess you need brain dead punishes by what you listed. Armor moves cost resources and can be baited and punished on block usually—but kameos throw a wrinkle in the mix, but those cost resources and actually have counter play. If a player uses bar for armor move, they now lose the ability to break which is crucial. Risk versus reward. Spend time in the lab and you can have results. The skill ceiling is actually quite high in this game IMO, because of kameo interactions one has to account for.

Funny how you list Kung Lao as broken (by implication), but no pro player is using him in tournaments except Splash who I haven’t seen in a while. Does KL have a true 50/50? Many OHs are quite reactable offline. Raiden has his 19 frame OH which leads to modest damage, but can condition you to block high and then you get blown up by F43. Can Raiden’s b2 get countered by armor moves? These are the things you need to know to be competitive and there are analogs in every good fighting game. If you don’t know how to fight Jin in T7 a skilled Jin player is gonna blow you up. Jin will rain sh!t all over you.

I am a scrub and enjoy playing at my level and when I get owned I know it is my lack of skill, not a “rain of sh!t.”

Last edited:

Chubbuddy

The Quirkiest
I think you can jump out of the second hit of Lao's armored move... I say I think because I don't see him and then when I do I honestly forget to jump LOL. I have hardly tried jumping it because just holding block is engraved into my mind lmao, but yeah I think that has counterplay by simply jumping in between the first and second hit. Correct me if I'm wrong y'all