What's new

FOXY debates FATE after he attacks Ketchup and Sonic

Just out of curiosity, can you show us some examples of games you do consider to be balanced?
There are none FG real balanced, but there are bearable ones.
The Tekken series gives more enphasis on neutral, and reduces the BS a lot compared to other FGs.
Street fighter, all of them broken as fuck.....but bearable within some contexts, some matchups.

But within the big ones, MK is just another level of BS.....all of them are just crazy.

What are the top 5 “competitive” fighting games for you?

I guess you need brain dead punishes by what you listed. Armor moves cost resources and can be baited and punished on block usually—but kameos throw a wrinkle in the mix, but those cost resources and actually have counter play. If a player uses bar for armor move, they now lose the ability to break which is crucial. Risk versus reward. Spend time in the lab and you can have results. The skill ceiling is actually quite high in this game IMO, because of kameo interactions one has to account for.

Funny how you list Kung Lao as broken (by implication), but no pro player is using him in tournaments except Splash who I haven’t seen in a while. Does KL have a true 50/50? Many OHs are quite reactable offline. Raiden has his 19 frame OH which leads to modest damage, but can condition you to block high and then you get blown up by F43. Can Raiden’s b2 get countered by armor moves? These are the things you need to know to be competitive and there are analogs in every good fighting game. If you don’t know how to fight Jin in T7 a skilled Jin player is gonna blow you up. Jin will rain sh!t all over you.

I am a scrub and enjoy playing at my level and when I get owned I know it is my lack of skill, not a “rain of sh!t.”
My dude, if you can't understand that a character literally spamming armor on neutral (without any reads, just doing it), and if it hits 300+ damage + corner carry, and if does not hit that is plus and there is no punish, you are literally the public that I'm talking about: You don't understand how neutral works, and how cheap things like this are, and this breaks any logic in a competitive enviroment in a FG.....you just don't understand what you are saying, not enough experience maybe....you just don't see it.

End of the argument....I will not convince you arguing anything if you don't understand that.

In any big FG, a thing like this in a game would be laughable....but the MK public embraces with ease, but most of them just want that in the game.

My dude, if you can't understand that a character literally spamming armor on neutral (without any reads, just doing it), and if it hits 300+ damage + corner carry, and if does not hit that is plus and there is no punish, you are literally the public that I'm talking about: You don't understand how neutral works, and how cheap things like this are, and this breaks any logic in a competitive enviroment in a FG.....you just don't understand what you are saying, not enough experience maybe....you just don't see it.

End of the argument....I will not convince you arguing anything if you don't understand that.

In any big FG, a thing like this in a game would be laughable....but the MK public embraces with ease, but most of them just want that in the game.
You talking about Laos Shaolin Shimmy Armor?
My counters to this are meter is limited and baitable into Strike/Throw mix, Lao can only do it 3 times then exhausts all resources. Obviously armor launchers are strong but counterable with matchup knowledge. Then Goro which is used to launch is extremely slow Regen and Kung Lao isn't this pressure monster that's gonna rapidly build meter on block. There are several things that can punish his Armor as well like Johnny poke, a few characters reversals and you can jump over it on reads for full punish.
Most moves in the past 3 MK games are F Neutral tools, this doesn't mean you can't play neutral which is shown in so many majors where it's a strong footsies display. Just look at Dyloch's (Shao) vs JustNasty's (Smoke) at the most recent Tournament Dreamhack.
Another good example is Omni-Man's Vitramite Stance and overhead drop (DB3xx3) is UpBlockable punishable on reaction, same with Quan's SkyDrop. The vast majority of these tools have counterplay or have a cost to them.
Lao is also the exception with base character Armor being safe vs most and launching.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The Tekken series gives more enphasis on neutral, and reduces the BS a lot compared to other FGs.
Street fighter, all of them broken as fuck.....but bearable within some contexts, some matchups.
Anyone saying MK1 isn't neutral-heavy probably isn't very good. Or isn't playing against good players (and not watching tournaments, either). It's common to see high level matches go down to timeout because both players are playing footsies, and both are aware that giving up a whiff punish will cost them the game.

No one has to like every game, but if the criticisms show a lack of understanding of the game itself, most people can't take them seriously.

Anyone saying MK1 isn't neutral-heavy probably isn't very good. Or isn't playing against good players (and not watching tournaments, either). It's common to see high level matches go down to timeout because both players are playing footsies, and both are aware that giving up a whiff punish will cost them the game.

No one has to like every game, but if the criticisms show a lack of understanding of the game itself, most people can't take them seriously.
What being "good" for you....means? The situation you are describing is from two people that consider the video game their "job", and spend hours of their days trying to counter act like....button mashing on neutral.
And still.....they can pretend to dance a lot on the screen....you know how the match ends. Is MK....is going to end with some bullshit.

No my dear, I don't need to waste my life on a practice of a game like this to see how ridiculous that is.

"Anyone saying MK1 isn't neutral-heavy probably isn't very good."....This statement itself is saying that if you criticize the game you are not good ahhaah....everybody besides this forum knows how ridiculous NRS games are, and how stupid and unbalanced these games are.....but if say it I'm bad, because I did not waste my life on practice after losing to a Raiden / Cyrax pre patch blocking it and noticing how absurd the situation is.

If you take somebody that is good at neutral, and you fuck with the frame data and give plus frames where it should not exist, it turns into a battle of bullshit knowledge and which bullshit I'm gonna use, and how my bullshit is going to surpass the other bullshit from my opponent....this is literally MK. Who bullshits better wins.

We can't forget that we are consumers and WB is a company (not your family) and this is a video game (not your job).

Last edited:
"Anyone saying MK1 isn't neutral-heavy probably isn't very good."....This statement itself is saying that if you criticize the game you are not good ahhaah....everybody besides this forum knows how ridiculous NRS games are, and how stupid and unbalanced these games are.....but if say it I'm bad, because I did not waste my life on practice after losing to a Raiden / Cyrax pre patch blocking it and noticing how absurd the situation is.
Not saying it because of criticism, it's literally objectively true. If you simply watch the majors you will see it every Top 8. And plus frames doesn't mean broken, that's ridiculous. We all should know + frames doesn't equal win button, there are several counters to + frames from Kameos.
I find it amusing that some players complain about a Kameo like Cyrax making a move +5 or +10 on block but had no problem with it in previous MK9, MKX where you had literally the same exact thing but it was dash cancels making their unsafe moves +20 or more, especially with IAGB Kabal, hell Cyrax had a grab move that frametraped you into an Unblockable Bombs into TOD Reset, and if you jumped Cyrax(DJT) did a flying grab on reaction that slammed you into the bomb into same 100% Reset.
And MK9 and MKX was loved by many

Chubbuddy

The Quirkiest
What being "good" for you....means? The situation you are describing is from two people that consider the video game their "job", and spend hours of their days trying to counter act like....button mashing on neutral.
And still.....they can pretend to dance a lot on the screen....you know how the match ends. Is MK....is going to end with some bullshit.

No my dear, I don't need to waste my life on a practice of a game like this to see how ridiculous that is.

If you take somebody that is good at neutral, and you fuck with the frame data and give plus frames where it should not exist, it turns into a battle of bullshit knowledge and which bullshit I'm gonna use, and how my bullshit is going to surpass the other bullshit from my opponent....this is literally MK. Who bullshits better wins.

We can't forget that we are consumers and WB is a company (not your family) and this is a video game (not your job).

"Anyone saying MK1 isn't neutral-heavy probably isn't very good" is a statement that does make sense, though. Most people probably aren't going to be very good at something if they don't understand the most basic things about the game. Nobody is saying that if you criticize the game, you're bad at it lol. And almost every MK game had something you would consider bullshit. And they nerfed Cyrax anyway, what's your point? I also think someone found out that by letting go of block allowed Cyrax to hit just once and then you could block and they lose their frame advantage.

Maybe the people here that actively post DO know how ridiculous NRS games can be, but instead of whining and moaning, they actually try to find counterplay? Just a thought.

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
MK keeps bringing in these fighting game incels that can't get their nut off and go on to bother those that are successful.
Back in the day we would just say "ft10 for "500"

id gladly exploit mk1, mk2, mk3, umk3 or mk4 against FATE in a streamed beef set - just because he said those games were balanced on release.

Chubbuddy

The Quirkiest
MK keeps bringing in these fighting game incels that can't get their nut off and go on to bother those that are successful.

id gladly exploit mk1, mk2, mk3, umk3 or mk4 against FATE in a streamed beef set - just because he said those games were balanced on release.
lmao

"Anyone saying MK1 isn't neutral-heavy probably isn't very good" is a statement that does make sense, though. Most people probably aren't going to be very good at something if they don't understand the most basic things about the game. Nobody is saying that if you criticize the game, you're bad at it lol. And almost every MK game had something you would consider bullshit. And they nerfed Cyrax anyway, what's your point? I also think someone found out that by letting go of block allowed Cyrax to hit just once and then you could block and they lose their frame advantage.

Maybe the people here that actively post DO know how ridiculous NRS games can be, but instead of whining and moaning, they actually try to find counterplay? Just a thought.
Yeah broah get gud in the video game broah get gud

CipherJ

Noob

All characters have something they are good at. Learn your character and use that versus those Kung Lao players. The default action in this game is block. Kung Lao has the “safe” armored launcher. But he can’t throw that out blindly—you can get a free throw attempt or pressure if you block and he wasted resources (beware kameo though).

When playing MK1 you should be actually having fun trying to find ways to overcome the challenges. Contest Lao at times and block at other times. You will guess right sometimes and get full combo.

All characters have something they are good at. Learn your character and use that versus those Kung Lao players. The default action in this game is block. Kung Lao has the “safe” armored launcher. But he can’t throw that out blindly—you can get a free throw attempt or pressure if you block and he wasted resources (beware kameo though).

When playing MK1 you should be actually having fun trying to find ways to overcome the challenges. Contest Lao at times and block at other times. You will guess right sometimes and get full combo.
Exactly, I promise if you have decent neutral and block that Armor you can use your safe hit/throw and they can't tech if they block thinking they about to get hit. Most characters have staggers, 50/50's, throw combos, Armor breaking moves, you can put them in the blender after mashing armor constantly and if they guess right you get chip + Kameo pressure/mix and if they guess wrong you get combo + OKI advantage.
Literally no risk to you, it's medium to high reward for very low risk, not understanding why you have a problem with it. Maybe if your constantly mashing without watching meter and Kameo availability I can understand but that's fixable.
The only thing I can agree on is maybe Stryker Nades and Held Lao hat needs and extra 5 seconds of Regen after first use. That way they have to manage it like Goro does.

josephf5

Noob

People thought those games were balanced because online wasn’t a thing yet and everyone just played against their brother and two friends. I remember thinking I was an MK god until Deception came out and I went online and couldn’t beat anyone.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

If you think Kung Lao is bad, do yourself a favor and never play against a good Potemkin player in GGS.

What Kao has is not without precedent.

josephf5

Noob

Kung Lao is annoying if you’re not used to fighting him, but once you know the match up, he’s not really that hard to deal with. You just have to be patient against him.