What's new

Forget PL's Raiden...It's all about SLIPS!!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Just gotta say.

Best Scorpion I have ever seen, and he deserves the shout out for his performance.

That is all.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah, I was pretty bummed that Slips didn't win, he's got heart and the fact that he was able to take Scorpion that far is impressive as hell!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Thought its been pretty much common knowledge about [MENTION=2760]Slips[/MENTION] Scorp being tops.

but [MENTION=1572]Perfect Legend[/MENTION]s thunda gawd was just.........sick.

Deity

Noob
That shit he was doing with max range b2 was amazing. And those anti-crossup d1's were perfect every time. Good shit by slips, proving to everyone that he's definitely a top player.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Thought its been pretty much common knowledge about [MENTION=2760]Slips[/MENTION] Scorp being tops.

but [MENTION=1572]Perfect Legend[/MENTION]s thunda gawd was just.........sick.
Its just that everyone will be freaking out about PL and Raiden, when Slips deserves a shout out amongst everything, he played so well.

Coming back from 0-2 to knock out 16bit, that's no easy feat.

GNG Iniquity

Its just that everyone will be freaking out about PL and Raiden, when Slips deserves a shout out amongst everything.
It's true, Scorpion is a VERY punishable character due to the whiffed spear. Every time he whiffs one of those, including in the vortex with f4~spear he's going to eat a huge fucking combo due to the retarded recovery. More damage than he'll put out; granted F43 spear helps in that department but it isn't guaranteed. I'm amazed that he placed 2nd with him considering how unsafe Scorpion truly is, that right there is immense skill.

Slips is my favourite MK player :) This comeback vs 16bit was just crazy, but i think, biggest problem was raiden teleport, i think he should try to 33,spear those teles, few times he countered with spear, overall GGs, great play

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Yeah, I really wish Slips could make it to more tournaments. Seeing Scorpion in the Top 8 is a fresh sight. Same goes for PL and Raiden.

It's true, Scorpion is a VERY punishable character due to the whiffed spear. Every time he whiffs one of those, including in the vortex with f4~spear he's going to eat a huge fucking combo due to the retarded recovery. More damage than he'll put out; granted F43 spear helps in that department but it isn't guaranteed. I'm amazed that he placed 2nd with him considering how unsafe Scorpion truly is, that right there is immense skill.
Not to take anything from Slips he played very good, I honestly can't imagine what he could have done better. but scorpion is far from a bad character

Slips is my favourite MK player :) This comeback vs 16bit was just crazy, but i think, biggest problem was raiden teleport, i think he should try to 33,spear those teles, few times he countered with spear, overall GGs, great play
nah, I think slips did the right thing with those teleports. if the 33's dont catch raiden he won't have a lot of options after that.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, Slips brings Scorpion's gameplay to another level, he actually makes Scorpion looks a lot competitive, I think that currently, Slips can be considered the best Scorpion in the world.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
you see?this is bad,the best scorpion we have ever seen was beaten by raiden because of the advantage of the lightning tier,that reminds me the post :what has scorpion to do to be top tier!well some good performance from raiden and this is it,game over scorpion!!!!

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Good shit, Slips! Didn't watch the whole tournament yet, but damn: the fights with 16_Bit and PL were hype as hell.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
It was really fresh to see a Raiden and Scorpion player in the finals. Slips has completely earned my respect. I don't know why there aren't more scorpion players like him?

Good advice. I've known for some time that Raiden's teleport is punishable with 1,1/3,3~Spear if you can read it.

Im i the only one who is a little worried about that the b2 thing was safe against dizzy's Cage? So much for high risk, high reward.....

GNG Iniquity

It was really fresh to see a Raiden and Scorpion player in the finals. Slips has completely earned my respect. I don't know why there aren't more scorpion players like him?
Because Scorpion is a difficult character to get to that level, whiffed spears just suck. However, Slips is skilled as fuck, IF he was playing a top 5 character I have no doubt that he would've won multiple majors. What he manages to do with Scorp is simply amazing.

you see?this is bad,the best scorpion we have ever seen was beaten by raiden because of the advantage of the lightning tier,that reminds me the post :what has scorpion to do to be top tier!well some good performance from raiden and this is it,game over scorpion!!!!
If you think that is the reason why slips lost, I cant tell you how wrong you are. Slips pushed PL to the limit. The matchup isnt bad for scorpion at all. People are forgetting slips is playing against the guy who won evo aka world championship. Slips dealt with 16 bits kitana which is considered a better character than raiden and he still did it. and he also dealt with Pl's Kung lao. so I dont see the problem

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
If you think that is the reason why slips lost, I cant tell you how wrong you are. Slips pushed PL to the limit. The matchup isnt bad for scorpion at all. People are forgetting slips is playing against the guy who won evo aka world championship. Slips dealt with 16 bits kitana which is considered a better character than raiden and he still did it. and he also dealt with Pl's Kung lao. so I dont see the problem
do you want to rephrase?did i say that slips is not a good scorpion?NO!!!he is amazing,as for the best scorpion i cannot say,we have in europe amazing scorpions as well,but i did not say anything about slips,i would like to congratulate him for his sick performance ok?the hole point is about raiden's abilities!!!!!!!!who are more advanced than scorpion's,ok?