What's new

Forget PL's Raiden...It's all about SLIPS!!

Enenra

Go to hell.
I'm glad someone made this, Slips was fantastic. I've been flirting with Smoke, Reptile, and Scorpion for my second main behind Rain and now I'm really leaning toward learning Scorpion. Slips was amazing.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Slips managed to win some rounds against a super skilled Raiden in PL .... so, Slips really has a very sharp and deadly dangerous Scorpion gameplay, that, is one of the best ever Scorpion around, nowadays ..... that's it :D

Just gotta say.

Best Scorpion I have ever seen.

That is all.
I think so too although KARS and Sakishiro are damn close imo. KARS is the professor.

do you want to rephrase?did i say that slips is not a good scorpion?NO!!!he is amazing,as for the best scorpion i cannot say,we have in europe amazing scorpions as well,but i did not say anything about slips,i would like to congratulate him for his sick performance ok?the hole point is about raiden's abilities!!!!!!!!who are more advanced than scorpion's,ok?
Wrong. Raiden is a good match for Scorpion. Kitana is not.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Appreciate all the props everyone. PL takes Raiden to the level we all seem to have forgotten. I don't think Scorp is hopeless against Raiden, but there was no way I was prepared to a Raiden of that caliber. I would have to play PL for like a week to understand my options. :p And even then I still might find out he is simply a better player than me. He is awesome. People can say all they want they can punish Raiden's tele...but they aren't punishing PL's tele, that much I know for sure. He's way too smart with it. His Kung Lao is still at a sickening level too. I can't wait for his next tourney, haters are in for a big surprise.

Marvaz

come at me
Yo watching slips scorpion was fuckin amazing. I didnt even know scorpion had all those options. All that tech was good. Ima fan now. :p

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
There's a lot of good Smoke players lately for some reason. Not too long ago I only knew of a handful.
Well I sent you a message today saying you were good lol. Also, yes there are a lot of good Smoke players on XBL, but none of them apply pressure like I do...yea I wen't there.

Well I sent you a message today saying you were good lol. Also, yes there are a lot of good Smoke players on XBL, but none of them apply pressure like I do...yea I wen't there.
That's a bold statement. Yea, your pressure is probobly first rate but there's this one guy - tsr 40 I think - and all he does is pressure. That's it. Nothing else. No teleport attacks. No smoke bombs. No grabbing. No zoning. Only pressure. He may teleport to get aggressive advantage but that's all. He's a monster. Dont know what to do with him yet cause no one else uses Smoke like that.

Appreciate all the props everyone. PL takes Raiden to the level we all seem to have forgotten. I don't think Scorp is hopeless against Raiden, but there was no way I was prepared to a Raiden of that caliber. I would have to play PL for like a week to understand my options. :p And even then I still might find out he is simply a better player than me. He is awesome. People can say all they want they can punish Raiden's tele...but they aren't punishing PL's tele, that much I know for sure. He's way too smart with it. His Kung Lao is still at a sickening level too. I can't wait for his next tourney, haters are in for a big surprise.
Slips man, just watched your matches with PL, 16 bit etc. and your Scorpion is a god. The pride of all Scorpion players.

Peace be upon you. :cheers:

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Fucking beast Scorpion for sure. Very impressive stuff Slips!

Out of interest, what is it about Scorpions d1 to stop crossovers? Since he's a high hit box character does d1 lower his hit box more that say Sub Zero or should any character be able to d1 a crossover with the right timing?

do you want to rephrase?did i say that slips is not a good scorpion?NO!!!he is amazing,as for the best scorpion i cannot say,we have in europe amazing scorpions as well,but i did not say anything about slips,i would like to congratulate him for his sick performance ok?the hole point is about raiden's abilities!!!!!!!!who are more advanced than scorpion's,ok?
Slips is by far the best scorpion, and he did not lose because his opponent chose raiden. that is all

Out of interest, what is it about Scorpions d1 to stop crossovers? Since he's a high hit box character does d1 lower his hit box more that say Sub Zero or should any character be able to d1 a crossover with the right timing?
I don't know the particulars behind Scorp's D+1, but I can offer some insight. The D+1 hitbox is ridiculous and can hit without physically touching the opponent. It's his best anti-air IMO. I play a defensive Scorpion so there aren't many instances when I'm getting crossed up. If you watch Check vs Chris G, Check used D+1 as an anti-cross up but he dashed in and 1,1~spear after the D+1 connected. The way Check uses it is far easier than how Slips uses it and I recommend you start there if your adding this to your game.

I believe other characters could use a low poke as an anti-cross up, but the problem will probably be their combo ability. The Spear is a faster projectile than one might think. For the sake of argument lets say Sub-Zero's D+4 could be used as an anti-cross up. He wouldnt get much damage off of it because Iceball is too slow, but it would get him out of pressure.

Well most D1's can do that, its the follow up combo that scorpion has that makes it good. And I do believe subzero is one of the characters that has a bigger hitbox than usual

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
That was crazy... I've never seen hardly anyone use the D1 as an anti-air and then combo after it. I think that's why he got so far (other than pure skill of course)... people kept jumping in on him and kept getting punished for it.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
That was crazy... I've never seen hardly anyone use the D1 as an anti-air and then combo after it. I think that's why he got so far (other than pure skill of course)... people kept jumping in on him and kept getting punished for it.
This is quite common among good players. CD Jr, Reo, Tom Brady, KT Smith, etc. we all use D1 for AA.
Generally characters also have a standing normal for AA as well, like Scoprion's 3, Ermac's 2 (or 1), Cage's 1, Smoke's 2 (which is better than his D1) etc.

Mileena and Reptile don't really have good AA normals though. That's one of their weaknesses.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is quite common among good players. CD Jr, Reo, Tom Brady, KT Smith, etc. we all use D1 for AA.
Generally characters also have a standing normal for AA as well, like Scoprion's 3, Ermac's 2 (or 1), Cage's 1, Smoke's 2 (which is better than his D1) etc.

Mileena and Reptile don't really have good AA normals though. That's one of their weaknesses.
Never really seen those guys fight all that much. Other than Brady, but he was always using Sub-Zero... whose D1 is crap.

I was just shocked that he could do that. But then again, I'm relatively new to all this.

So my question would be, can Raiden D1 someone out of a crossover? B/c if he can, he could probably catch them in shocker afterwards for a combo.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
PimpUigi said:
Mileena does not need a good AA normal, though. She has the roll unlike Scorpion.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Slips did an amazing job. His Scorpion was like nothing ive ever seen. The consistency on d1 into spear was incredible, he got almost every cross-over.
Plus i really liked that back dash b2 vortex setup. It was kinda obvious once you knew it was gonna happen but cool anyway, i didnt know b2 had that sorta range. I knew it was BIG but not that big lol.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I believe other characters could use a low poke as an anti-cross up, but the problem will probably be their combo ability. The Spear is a faster projectile than one might think. For the sake of argument lets say Sub-Zero's D+4 could be used as an anti-cross up. He wouldnt get much damage off of it because Iceball is too slow, but it would get him out of pressure.
Well theoretically I would have thought SZ could d1 a crossover into dash, d4~slide but have never seen anyone do this. There must be something screwey about his hitbox though seeing as he gets jailed by Kungs tele~3 so easily.

Kind of odd that there seems to be so many different hitbox properties amongst seemingly similar characters.