What's new

FOREVER EL1TE'S NW MU CHART.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Especially offline imo where u can mb b3 his tele on reaction and he doesnt get away with as much as he does online
I was beat 3-0 by shazzaaaaaaammmm last night but just the same the lag totally favors the aggressor as usual.

My style is much more reactionary which tends to more loses if I can't react. Air dashes and overheads catch me when they shouldn't. Great games to him but it didn't change the MU in my head.

In the video he posted, I could see how lag affected the MU and it is obviously more lopsided due to online delay to me.

Just saying the truth guys

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Interactables.

Yeah, because flipkick is 100% reactable and blocked flying grayson means your plus online. Why is everyone acting like NW's pressure isn't a million times better online?
Well actually, a max range Flying Grayson is about +1

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Interactables.

Yeah, because flipkick is 100% reactable and blocked flying grayson means your plus online. Why is everyone acting like NW's pressure isn't a million times better online?
He isn't a pressure character IMO. At least I don't at him that way.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Interactables are huge and I could see that changing the MU to 4-6. I just have to play it out without delay to be sure.

Interactables totally break this game to me and are completely stupid. That said, the way he gets interactables isn't as free as in many MU.

If this is 4-6 than he beats everyone much more than I previously anticipated.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Offline the MU is better for NW for sure.

Online MMH wins.
Don't know about that.. Online NW has very powerful 50/50's with unreactable Flip Kicks.

F21~Flip Kick/F213 becomes a 50/50. And the same with putting it in other parts of strings.

Online is such BS. lol...

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
I was beat 3-0 by shazzaaaaaaammmm last night but just the same the lag totally favors the aggressor as usual.

My style is much more reactionary which tends to more loses if I can't react. Air dashes and overheads catch me when they shouldn't. Great games to him but it didn't change the MU in my head.

In the video he posted, I could see how lag affected the MU and it is obviously more lopsided due to online delay to me.

Just saying the truth guys
Yea i sent him to losers and he will do things like i do 1f1 on block +1 and his d1 beats mine, also many times he will wakeup teleport and ill delay the GP to hit him out of wakeup teleport and it usually fails me online

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
Don't know about that.. Online NW has very powerful 50/50's with unreactable Flip Kicks.

F21~Flip Kick/F213 becomes a 50/50. And the same with putting it in other parts of strings.

Online is such BS. lol...
Well against mmh nw shouldnt be using escrima an if he does the mmh player can sit back and zone him and in that case mmh can just pushblock since he builds infinite amounts of meter

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I have been at a crossroad with this MU for ever now, depending on 5-5 or 6-4 MMH favor, jb2 is a good answer for air dashes since NW has a bad AA, He has solid air to airs. MMH can however dash between a blocked staff pound and get a decent punish if you attempt to do it again, since pillars reversal doesn't do much in the MU. But if you read it you can get a full combo with a delayed MB staff pound on my forward dash, IMO this MU is all about making dominate reads in the zoning game. Nobody really has an edge from far away if both players are very patient, but MMH's mobility while NW is in staff stance can give you a ton of problems, we should play it more. Also instant teleporting against NW isn't a very smart option. His staff pound hits MMH out of the animation and NW also has a great post teleport game. F2 crushes NW d1 pressure as well. I'd say it's smart for NW to play the full screen and mid range game. I could go on forever about this MU lol
I think it's pretty close too. But what really does him in is interactables. Martian can still zone and build meter, just not for free like in other MUs. MMH nets more damage, blows up every NW WU, has better pressure etc. What really saves NW is the threat of Flying grayson.

He isn't a pressure character IMO. At least I don't at him that way.
I noticed that you had your own cool little playstyle. You can play NW in many differnt ways, which is the best part about him. I know it's online or whatever, but I'd really like to play that NW again.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Alphabetized and mostly if not completely spelling-corrected/grammatically corrected version for aesthetic reasons:

Aquaman, 5-5
Basically get in staff and staff pound the shit out of him.

Ares, 6-4
Don't have much exp but get in staff. Zone in staff. And any time he teleports you d1 him .

Bane, 5-5
Use wingdings a lot . Once he's in pushblock, MBB3 him or whatever to get him off of you.

Batgirl, 5-5, possible 6-4
Get in staff and play patient as hell. Use standing 1 to punish her dash and jb2 to keep her from getting in.
Only do staff pound if you feel it's right.

Batman, 5-5
Same thing with Flash but zone with escrima spark a lot. He can also zone back so it comes down on who has the meter and health lead. When he gets close beware if you're in escrima, and if you get knocked down you're in big trouble. And be careful on pressure. He can parry anything.

Black Adam, 4-6.
You wanna basically get in. J3 in escrima handles divekick and j2 in staff handles it to.

Catwoman, 5-5
Zone her. Play Catwoman like this. Zone but when she gets in be defensive. If she has no meter go offensive. This MU is complicated.

Cyborg, 4-6:
You get zoned out completely if he masters IANB. If he doesn't try to counter zone rush in and stay in.

Deathstroke, 5-5
You can basically counter zone or zone with him the whole time, so you still want to rush in but you can always trade with zoning.

Doomsday. 5-5
This MU comes down to who knows it better and who plays it a lot more. You want to zone in escrima but it's only a matter of time before he's in, which is when you want to switch to staff.

Flash, 5-5:
Pretty much zone but be careful of lightning charge. Don't do wingdings until, at least, he's at a distance. Up close he'll punish you with uppercut. Switch between stances but stay in staff 60% of the time.

Green Arrow, 6-4
You zone him out in escrima or staff. When he gets in you can choose to go head to head because you're faster, have better block strings, and do more damage. You can demolish his wakeups with JB WD. You can look up his anti-wakeups in the NW thread.

Green Lantern, 4-6 annoying MU but very winnable.
Basically get in and do work. In escrima, flipkick destroys his wakeup game. If you find yourself full screen either get back in or counter zone with ground spark and avoid every air missile by dash cancelling a ground spark backwards. I prefer escrima in this mu.

Grundy, 7-3
Zone him with wingdings or staff pound. When he gets close staff spin him. Spam it. If he blocks it d1 him. I believe his fastest move is 12 frames? Ours would be 10 frames if staff pound is blocked.

Harley Quinn, 5-5.
Basically y'all zone each other but she has the upper hand with air gunshot. Once you get in stay in. #I Never played Saltface Soooooooo

Hawkgirl. 4-6
Basically try to get in. For wakeups in escrima JB3 WD is a life saver. In staff standing 1 or JB2 should do the trick.

Joker, 6-4
Zone him.

Killer Frost, 4-6?
You can't really punish slide since she has her parry, but you can stop slide with JB3 in escrima or Jb1 with staff. (In staff it has to be at a certain distance)
Basically rush in.

Lex Luthor, 6-4.
Zone him. If he has trait wingding him or use staff spin or FG.

Lobo, 5-5
Zone him in escrima. Mix it up between ground spark and wingdings. Sometimes dash up and b2. It works. If he has a nuke shell loaded up use IA wingdings. Block after every ground spark.

MMH, 5-5
Get in staff and zone him carefully. If you block an OH TELE standing 1 will hit them. If they backdash FG will catch them every time.

Raven, 4-6?
I don't have any experience/I have no experience.

Shazam. 6-4
Zone him as usual and be patient on wu since he has teleport.

Sinestro 4-6,5-5
I never lose to a Sinestro/I have never lost to a Sinestro, but he outzones you a lot. You can CAREFULLY COUNTER ZONE. Play this like the Deathstroke mu except he zones better than you.

Superman, 4-6.
He zones you out. If he does a lot of Heat Zaps you can outzone him by doing ground spark. Basically be patient and get in. Also if he does F23, F23 trait, F23 breath then interrupt it with standing 112 or 113.

Wonder Woman, 5-5
Zone her. If she jumps a lot to get past it or just jumps a lot get in staff and use jump back 2.

Zatanna, 5-5
Yes I think this mu is 5-5. It's hard though. It can be 4-6 but once you play it you'll have a better idea of how to handle it. At far range, if you're in escrima, throw ground spark here and there and get in. In staff be patient and counter zone with staff pound. If she does air teleport j2 may win.

Zod, 4-6
No exp but I heard you zone with ground spark if he does IAB and mb it to hit him.

Never EVER make so many mistakes like those ever again. Please. That actually caused me pain to rewrite and decipher, and now I'm worried this will haunt me in my nightmares.

On-topic I agree on the BG and WoWo matchups though I have little exp on the WoWo mu.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
This chart will show you the mu number and how-to play the matchup generally or how I'd play it.

Flash,5-5:
Pretty much zone but be careful of lighting charge. Dont do wingdings at least he's at a distance. Upclose he'll punish you with uppercut. Switch between stances but stay in staff 60% of the time.

Batman, 5-5
Same thing with flash. But zone with escrima spark alot. He can also zone back. So it comes down on who has meter and health lead. When he gets close beware if your in escrima and you get knocked down your in big trouble. And be careful on pressure. He can parry anything.

Cyborg,4-6:
You get zoned out completely if he masters IANB. If he doesn't try to counter zone. Rush in and stay in.

Green Arrow,6-4
You zone him out. In escrima or staff. When he gets in you can choose to go head to head because your faster, better block strings, and damage. You can demolish his wakeups with JB WD. You can look up his anti wakeups in the NW thread.

Superman, 4-6.
He zones you out. If he does alot of eye lazers. (The one thats duckable) you can outzone him by doing ground spark. Basically be patient n get in. Also if he does F23, F23 trait,F23 breath. Interrupt it with standing 112 or 113.

Raven,4-6? I dont have no experience.

Aquaman,5-5

WonderWoman,5-5
Zone her. If she jumps alot to get pass it or just jumps alot get in staff and jump back 2.

Hawkgirl. 4-6
Basically try to get in. And for wakeups in escrima JB3 WD is a life saver. In escrima standing 1 or JB2 should do the trick.

Shazam. 6-4
Zone him as usual. And be patient on wu since he has teleport.

Basically get in and do work.
In escrima, flipkick destroys his wakeup game.
If you find yourself full screen either get back in or counter zone with ground spark. And avoid every air missle with ground spark cancel backwards. I prefer escrima in this mu.

Joker, 6-4
Zone him.

Harley Quinn, 5-5.
Basically yall zone each other but she has upper hand with air gunshot. Once you get in stay in. #I Never played Saltface Soooooooo

Grundy,7-3
Zone him with windings or staff pound. When he gets close staff spin him. Spam it. If he blocks it d1 him . I believe his fastest startup is 12 frames? Ours would be 10 frames if staff pound is blocked.

Lex Luther,6-4.
Zone him. If he has trait wingding him or staff spin or FG.

Cat woman,5-5
Zone her. Play catwoman like this. Zone but when she gets in be defensive. If she has no meter go offensive. This MU is complicated.

Deathstroke, 5-5
You can basically counter zone or zone with him the whole time. So you still wanna rush in. But you can always trade with zoning.

Ares,6-4
Dont have much exp but get in staff. Zone in staff. And any teleport you d1 him .

Killer Frost, 4-6?
You can't really punish slide. With her parry. But you can stop slide with JB3 in escrima or Jb1 with staff. (In staff it has to be a distance. )
Basically rush in

Doomsday. 5-5
This MU comes down to who knows it better and who playes it alot more. You wanna zone in escrima but its only a matter of time before he's in. Which you wanna switch to staff.

Sinestro 4-6,5-5
I never losed to a sinestro. But he outzones you alot. But you can CAREFULLY COUNTER ZONE. Play this like the deathstroke mu except he zones better than you.

Black Adam, 4-6.
You wanna basically get in. J3 in escrima handles divekick and j2 in staff handles it to.

Bane, 5-5
Use windings alot . Once he's in pushblock, mb3 him or wateva to get him off of you.

Batgurl, 5-5, possible 6-4
Get in staff and play patient as hell. Use standing 1 to dash punish her and jb2 to keep her from getting in.
Only do staff pound if you feel its right.

Zod,4-6?
No exp but I heard you zone with ground spark if he does IAB. And mb it to hit him.

Zatanna, 5-5
Yes I think this mu is 5-5.
Its hard tho. It can be 4-6 but once you play it. You got it.
At far range if your escrima throw ground spark here n there and get in. In staff be patient and counter zone with staff pound.
If she does air teleport j2 may win.

Lobo, 5-5
Zone him in escrima. Mix it up between ground spark n windings. Sometimes dash up and b2. It works. If he has a nukeshell loaded up. Make your wingdings IA. And block after every ground spark.

MMH,5-5
Get in staff and zone him carefully. If you block a OV TELE standing 1 will hit them.
If they backdash FG will catch them every time.
Damn I just realised you put Zatanna & Sinestro as 5-5s. You're a brave man.

E

Eldriken

Alphabetized and mostly if not completely spelling-corrected/grammatically corrected version for aesthetic reasons:

Aquaman, 5-5

Ares, 6-4
Don't have much exp but get in staff. Zone in staff. And any time he teleports you d1 him .

Bane, 5-5
Use wingdings a lot . Once he's in pushblock, MBB3 him or whatever to get him off of you.

Batgirl, 5-5, possible 6-4
Get in staff and play patient as hell. Use standing 1 to punish her dash and jb2 to keep her from getting in.
Only do staff pound if you feel it's right.

Batman, 5-5
Same thing with Flash but zone with escrima spark a lot. He can also zone back so it comes down on who has the meter and health lead. When he gets close beware if you're in escrima, and if you get knocked down you're in big trouble. And be careful on pressure. He can parry anything.

Black Adam, 4-6.

Catwoman, 5-5
Zone her. Play Catwoman like this. Zone but when she gets in be defensive. If she has no meter go offensive. This MU is complicated.

Cyborg, 4-6:
You get zoned out completely if he masters IANB. If he doesn't try to counter zone rush in and stay in.

Deathstroke, 5-5
You can basically counter zone or zone with him the whole time, so you still want to rush in but you can always trade with zoning.

Doomsday. 5-5
This MU comes down to who knows it better and who plays it a lot more. You want to zone in escrima but it's only a matter of time before he's in, which is when you want to switch to staff.

Flash, 5-5:
Pretty much zone but be careful of lightning charge. Don't do wingdings until, at least, he's at a distance. Up close he'll punish you with uppercut. Switch between stances but stay in staff 60% of the time.

Green Arrow, 6-4
You zone him out in escrima or staff. When he gets in you can choose to go head to head because you're faster, have better block strings, and do more damage. You can demolish his wakeups with JB WD. You can look up his anti-wakeups in the NW thread.

Basically get in and do work. In escrima, flipkick destroys his wakeup game. If you find yourself full screen either get back in or counter zone with ground spark and avoid every air missile by dash cancelling a ground spark backwards. I prefer escrima in this mu.

Grundy, 7-3
Zone him with wingdings or staff pound. When he gets close staff spin him. Spam it. If he blocks it d1 him. I believe his fastest move is 12 frames? Ours would be 10 frames if staff pound is blocked.

Harley Quinn, 5-5.
Basically y'all zone each other but she has the upper hand with air gunshot. Once you get in stay in. #I Never played Saltface Soooooooo

Hawkgirl. 4-6
Basically try to get in. For wakeups in escrima JB3 WD is a life saver. In staff standing 1 or JB2 should do the trick.

Joker, 6-4
Zone him.

Killer Frost, 4-6?
You can't really punish slide since she has her parry, but you can stop slide with JB3 in escrima or Jb1 with staff. (In staff it has to be at a certain distance)
Basically rush in.

Lex Luthor, 6-4.
Zone him. If he has trait wingding him or use staff spin or FG.

Lobo, 5-5
Zone him in escrima. Mix it up between ground spark and wingdings. Sometimes dash up and b2. It works. If he has a nuke shell loaded up use IA wingdings. Block after every ground spark.

MMH, 5-5
Get in staff and zone him carefully. If you block an OH TELE standing 1 will hit them. If they backdash FG will catch them every time.

Raven, 4-6?
I don't have any experience/I have no experience.

Shazam. 6-4
Zone him as usual and be patient on wu since he has teleport.

Sinestro 4-6,5-5
I never lose to a Sinestro/I have never lost to a Sinestro, but he outzones you a lot. You can CAREFULLY COUNTER ZONE. Play this like the Deathstroke mu except he zones better than you.

Superman, 4-6.
He zones you out. If he does a lot of Heat Zaps you can outzone him by doing ground spark. Basically be patient and get in. Also if he does F23, F23 trait, F23 breath then interrupt it with standing 112 or 113.

Wonder Woman, 5-5
Zone her. If she jumps a lot to get past it or just jumps a lot get in staff and use jump back 2.

Zatanna, 5-5
Yes I think this mu is 5-5. It's hard though. It can be 4-6 but once you play it you'll have a better idea of how to handle it. At far range, if you're in escrima, throw ground spark here and there and get in. In staff be patient and counter zone with staff pound. If she does air teleport j2 may win.

Zod, 4-6
No exp but I heard you zone with ground spark if he does IAB and mb it to hit him.

Never EVER make so many mistakes like those ever again. Please. That actually caused me pain to rewrite and decipher, and now I'm worried this will haunt me in my nightmares.

On-topic I agree on the BG and WoWo matchups.
I'm not even going to take the time to correct the eleventy-billion mistakes you made, sir.