For Those Who Like To Write

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dyzvhtynzal, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Revy

Revy ★ C88 Revy ★

XBL:
    C88 Revy
    Steam:
    C88_Revy
    Here's something that wrote about 7-10 years ago about a girl I went to high school with but I'm a totally different person now.

My manga however, I'm on the wrong laptop to share parts of it.

Dyzvhtynzal likes this.
  2. Dyzvhtynzal

Dyzvhtynzal Top Kontributor
    Top Kontributor

Keep writing, Revy. I'd post something new, but i've been too busy editing earlier work. I will eventually though. I have 2 story ideas demanding to be written.

Revy likes this.
  3. Dyzvhtynzal

Top Kontributor

Has anyone made any writing progress? I finished looking over my novel for the third time. It'll need another look. But I'm getting tired. Editing 425 pages takes a while. I don't even want to look at the thing for a month. Started something new finally. It's about a serial killer in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in 2112. I have it taking place in Lynn Valley. Got some cool characters. Need to figure out how shit is going to go down. By the end of the story, the serial killer basically becomes a mass murderer. I have to work on it. Later.

4. KingHippo

KingHippo Alternative-Fact Checker

Dyzvhtynzal likes this.
  5. Jynks

Jynks some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

why not post them ON this site?

6. KingHippo

Well I did, didn't I?

God Confirm likes this.
  7. Jynks

hmmm.. I guess you did in a way... but what I mean is that a site like TYM could use some actual writers who are producing articles and opinion pieces... like a actual news site. Your articles would look good featured on the front page and possibly even look nice on a resume for latter, as blogs are not as cred worthy as a public information site.

8. KingHippo

No employer in the world would care if I put "TYM posted my hot takes" on my resume. No offense to TYM, but it is what it is.

AeroGrunt and God Confirm like this.
  9. Baconlord

Baconlord HOLD THESE BEAMS SON

Ok I can't take it anymore i have to get this off my chest. Everytime I read the title for this thread I can't help but scream "WE SALUTE YOU!" in my head

Dyzvhtynzal, God Confirm and MKB like this.
  10. Jynks

incorrect. Blogs.. yes.. they have no meaning other than writing examples.. but a public site your not affiliated with can and should be referenced. You only need to show a body of work at a job interview. Get a list of sites with actual articles on it.. that counts.. your mad if you think it doesn't.

11. CalebHara

CalebHara Noob

12. Jynks

13. Dyzvhtynzal

Top Kontributor

Good stuff. I read it all. I could see a few instances of misspellings and questionable grammar here and there, but it seemed pretty solid overall. Keep writing.

14. CalebHara

CalebHara Noob

I like your analysis a whole lot sir. There is a disheartening trend in comic books of Superman writers telling worn out explicit story arcs lacking the thematic depth of of other DC characters. Supes vs The Elite was such a breath of fresh air, really showed the potency the character still has when placed in the right hands.

Dyzvhtynzal likes this.
  15. Jynks

"What's so funny about truth justice and the American way" would make a perfect "ship righting" film for the DC Movie Universe. IMO, this is the film that should be for the next Superman story. It's themes match so perfectly with the feelings of many DCmu watchers concerning the dark and unhero like actions shown so far.

Thanks man. There is a number of other comic stuff on there. I haven't done any in a long time and they (imo) increase in quality as they go...

I like
    https://focusedprojections.blogspot.com/2016/09/comic-review-tale-of-god-butcher-thor.html
    https://focusedprojections.blogspot.com/2016/07/comic-review-prey-batman-legends-of.html
    https://focusedprojections.blogspot.com/2016/07/comic-review-power-girl-power-trip.html
    https://focusedprojections.blogspot.com/2016/07/comic-review-false-faces-trade.html

I sorta stopped as I never got ANY feedback. Hardly anyone has even clicked them.. I do not know how blogging works or how you get them out there. Maybe I need to move to a different blog platform or turn them into youtube videos or something.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

I liked your one as well. I only didn't comment as I didn't know what to say. It is a pretty bizarre piece if you ask me lol. Yet, it was easy to read and clear. I thought it was cool.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  16. Dyzvhtynzal

Top Kontributor

I'll read those additional pieces when I get home from work, Jynks. I didn't say, but I liked the comic piece as well. I didn't comment cuz I don't know a whole lot about the subject. I could pretend to know, but that's not my style.

Later.

17. Dyzvhtynzal

Top Kontributor

I read the four reviews. I don't read comics much, but they were interesting. I always thought my work might be suitable to a graphic novel or something, but I can't draw people or animals, so that's a big problem.