What's new

For those of you who enjoy Mk11 what aspects of the game do you enjoy the most?

• Slower, more methodical pace
  • Trimmed the fat of dead strings and buttons (for the most part)
  • Finally gave us an actual way to mitigate chip that also requires skill (Flawless Block)
  • Creative and smart new meter system that hasn't been done before
  • Moving supers off of the meter system and putting it on the health bars; now they're actually worth using unlike MKX.
  • Krushing Blows is a creative way to capitalize on the recent fad in fighters of getting a "critical strike" of sorts during combat (SF Crush Counters, Soulcalibur Lethal Hits, BlazBlue and Guilty Gear Fatal Counters, etc) and still managing to do it in a completely new way.
  • Amazing visual direction
  • Good Online
  • motherfucking SPAWN
Unfortunately, though, the music is severely lacking in charisma. It's not bad music, but it's very forgettable and easy to not even notice while playing. Any time I see a gameplay video where someone has edited classic MK tracks over this game it's alarming how quickly my brain reacts to that energy and gets me grooving.
I very much wish NRS is able to introduce a music pack or something.

Liking things is much more fun than not liking things.
In some circles, they call this "winning".

Last edited:

Gaxkang

Banned
Visually and content-wise very well produced.

Single player is meaty.

Cool character designs.

That's about it. :D

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Thank you for this Topic TC!!!! It´s nice to see something positive here for a change

I really like the meter System, the flawless block System and that we will get Spawn :)

KB´s could be more balanced and FB´s are still stupid but I can live with that and still have tons of fun playing the game with Friends (KL is another Story, hate that with a Passion).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The graphics and story leading to tons of possibilities. The kustomization system(though it could be deeper but I digress) Especially that whole Raiden/Liu Kang arc going full circle and coming to a peaceful, logical close. That's what I like about the game the most and that Fujin is coming. And of course their guest DLC NRS does it the best.

Last edited:
The Towers of Time. I know some people don't like it, but I'm a fan. Even though, the AI is a bit unbalanced at times. I just like the whole constant rotation aspect of it.

I don't know if there is one thing imparticular that I enjoy. I think this game is a case of being more than the sum of its parts. I may not like some aspects of the game but when you put it all together, I have fun. For example, last night I played a Jax and I was playing Jonny and it was one of the most enjoyable matches I've ever had in MK11. I was trying my hardest and was super focused and I didn't even realize it was game three and beat me, I was ready for the next match. I wasn't angry or salty after I realized I lost, I had a genuine smile and just thought to myself "that was some good Mortal Kombat." If a multiplayer game can give me that feeling, it's time well spent.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I hate it that d1 jails into s1 and prevents DUCKING for some characters but projectiles whiff on BLOCK. Like, this is good enough reason to stop playing this game, isn’t it?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I straight-up despise all of the single-player content. Fuck towers, fuck random unlocks, fuck it all. The only aspect of the game I enjoy is playing long sets with other TYM members. I refuse to touch any aspect of the ranked modes since they won't punish cheaters and lock out wifi warriors.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I straight-up despise all of the single-player content. Fuck towers, fuck random unlocks, fuck it all. The only aspect of the game I enjoy is playing long sets with other TYM members. I refuse to touch any aspect of the ranked modes since they won't punish cheaters and lock out wifi warriors.
You’re in the wrong thread ;)

• Best graphics of fighting games. It is ridiculous how beautiful it is.
  • Sounds
  • Dubs are amazing too
  • Facial animations
  • The art design team is just....absolutely amazing. The costumes...dude....wtf is the new scorpion costume? I mean....wtf....
  • The game is fun. Is a modern version of mk2....it is very fun to play.
  • Best fatalities and finish moves of all saga. The brutals....fun af
  • decent history mode
  • decent netcode
  • Every character has personality. They really know how to make great and fun moves
  • Every char they include, they find a way to transform them into fucking awesome things. Joker for ex is a char that I despise....but it is undeniable how fun he is. Looking foward to see Spawn.... this is gonna be nuts.

• Best graphics of fighting games. It is ridiculous how beautiful it is.
  • Sounds
  • Dubs are amazing too
  • Facial animations
  • The art design team is just....absolutely amazing. The costumes...dude....wtf is the new scorpion costume? I mean....wtf....
  • The game is fun. Is a modern version of mk2....it is very fun to play.
  • Best fatalities and finish moves of all saga. The brutals....fun af
  • decent history mode
  • decent netcode
  • Every character has personality. They really know how to make great and fun moves
  • Every char they include, they find a way to transform them into fucking awesome things. Joker for ex is a char that I despise....but it is undeniable how fun he is. Looking foward to see Spawn.... this is gonna be nuts.
Yep the graphics in this game are crazy I remember when the game was first shown thinking to myself holy shit they look like real people. Haven't had that feeling in mk since I was a kid looking at mk1 and 2.

Thanks for all the comments, this thread got more responses then I thought it would. Dose my soul some good knowing I'm not alone in my appreciation of this game lol.