What's new

Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokheit

Noob
Sub-Zero officially confirmed as DLC! Get ready fellow Lin Kuei!!

Discuss everything Sub-Zero here and how do you think he will play in this format considering all freezes so far are either MB or trait based.

Discord:

https://discord.gg/RFX5agt

Official Site Bio:

SUB-ZERO

“I SEEK A WORTHY KOMBATANT.”

Sub-Zero is a lethal cryomancer and leader of the reformed Lin Kuei clan. When Sub-Zero was younger, the Lin Kuei were corrupted and destroyed from within, staining their honor. Now serving as Grandmaster, Sub-Zero vows to redeem that honor, pledging to defend the realm from threats near, far, and beyond. In the intergalactic menace Brainiac, Sub-Zero sees a threat to all worlds, and perhaps his greatest opportunity for redemption yet.

Gameplay Trailer:

Last edited:

HanSolo

Noob
Eh, not too hyped for Sub but I don't plan on playing an MK character in this game anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. I will say admit his new design looks pretty sick.

Lokheit

Noob

It looks like there will be a focus on his Kori weapons and he uses the slide in the teaser (can't wait to slide under all those projectiles :p). The biggest thing will be seeing how his trademark Iceball works in a game with no meterless direct freezes (maybe the whole deal is that he's an exception to that rule?).

Also, I need to see gear Deception Armor!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

It looks like there will be a focus on his Kori weapons and he uses the slide in the teaser (can't wait to slide under all those projectiles :p). The biggest thing will be seeing how his trademark Iceball works in a game with no meterless direct freezes (maybe the whole deal is that he's an exception to that rule?).

RAIDEN?!

He looks really freaken cool (Pun not intended) Very Bi Hanish or more Blue Steel without the Bug Eyes but still Bad Ass as Fuck.

I just hope he has the Clone or at least Ice Shield.

Lokheit

Noob
He looks really freaken cool (Pun not intended) Very Bi Hanish or more Blue Steel without the Bug Eyes but still Bad Ass as Fuck.

I just hope he has the Clone or at least Ice Shield.
Considering all 3 models look low resolution, I'm willing to bet this is a provisional version of the character as it looks like a reskin version of the Blue Steel Sub-Zero (Jim Lee was around during the I2 DC event so... maybe another Jim Lee design like with Scorps?).

Clone is gear calling it right now.
It's going to be really tricky to translate his original moveset. Not even Captain Cold got freezes without the use of meter, trait or setups. Klone is technically a setup though so there could be room for it and maybe Iceball is his trait, holding to make it a beam or something.

He's going to have the neutral game I always dreamed for Cryomancer in MKX though. I can already see his B3 and F3 using swords and hammers.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Have people realized this is Noob Saibot with his ice powers back yet? His skin is pitch black and he has the signature Noob hood, just blue this time. I hope they let his shadow clone cancel into its own ice clone lol.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I think his play style is going to be a mix of mkx cryomancer variation and MKvsDC version. Clone will probably be gear related.

Lokheit

Noob
Where does it say that
He's just theorizing based on what looks like a provisional model (it looks really similar to Blue Steel Sub-Zero to be a final model and the other 2 characters are low resolution too). Probably this is just a work in progress.

I guess he could still be (and they could make some weird retcon of where Noob landed from the soulnado to explain him being in the game... then again, that wouldn't explain how Raiden is here so not likely) but considering they know how strong is the Kuai Liang fan base, I think this is Kuai.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
There is no way there is Sub without klone. I bet klone is his trait. Or it'll be a special and his trait will be a derivative of Unbreakable's aura, somehow protecting Sub-Zero.

Where does it say that
Dude look at his pitch black skin, plus he has a hood like Noob wore, just colored blue. And if you look at his sword, it looks more like the MK9 version than the MKX version which would make sense if they're trying to differentiate between the two Subs. I'm sure it's Bi Han with how highly requested Noob was for MKX.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

Probably he will need to mb the iceball to get a combo, like scorpion needed to do with spear.

Status
Not open for further replies.