What's new

For Honor

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Do you think the Kensei is too strong now? I almost exclusively play Duels and Brawl, so while I’m not sure about 4v4, and while he seems very capable now, he doesn’t seem OP or anything. His dodging heavies are still really easy to parry, his light follow ups are fast, but not so fast that you can’t react to them and block. His Enders having uninterruptible is great, but again, you can parry/dodge the heavies and it isn’t as the lights are so fast that they can’t be reacted to and blocked.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Do you think the Kensei is too strong now? I almost exclusively play Duels and Brawl, so while I’m not sure about 4v4, and while he seems very capable now, he doesn’t seem OP or anything. His dodging heavies are still really easy to parry, his light follow ups are fast, but not so fast that you can’t react to them and block. His Enders having uninterruptible is great, but again, you can parry/dodge the heavies and it isn’t as the lights are so fast that they can’t be reacted to and blocked.
He's number one for sure. Too strong? It depends on the game's direction.

Right now, Zerker seems the strongest because Berzerker's can just roll with their skills - but Kensei is the strongest. It will just take time for players to get fluid with him because he's different than he was.

Short answer, yes. He's too strong, but they won't hit him hard. They'll just make players attack earlier on dodges and feints. They're done with heavy-handed nerfing. They'll continue with reworks instead. Expect more reworks to follow...

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Ok, so, @GAV or anyone that plays or knows whats up...

How is the game doing now? Does PC have dedicated servers? How's the balance for 1v1 and 2v2 duel modes? No gear, yadda yadda.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Ok, so, @GAV or anyone that plays or knows whats up...

How is the game doing now? Does PC have dedicated servers? How's the balance for 1v1 and 2v2 duel modes? No gear, yadda yadda.
PC does have dedicated servers. Balance for duel and brawl is better than before, but I definitely wouldn’t say it’s well balanced as there are a lot of heroes that have no reason to be picked because other heroes do exactly what they do, better. Ubisoft has reworked several previously bad characters into viable ones, so I imagine they’re looking to keep doing so. Actual arena maps were added for 1v1 and 2v2 as well.

4v4 is a bit of a mess at the moment but Ubisoft seems to be looking into it. There is still no 4v4 mode, outside of events, that can be played without gear.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
PC does have dedicated servers. Balance for duel and brawl is better than before, but I definitely wouldn’t say it’s well balanced as there are a lot of heroes that have no reason to be picked because other heroes do exactly what they do, better. Ubisoft has reworked several previously bad characters into viable ones, so I imagine they’re looking to keep doing so. Actual arena maps were added for 1v1 and 2v2 as well.

4v4 is a bit of a mess at the moment but Ubisoft seems to be looking into it. There is still no 4v4 mode, outside of events, that can be played without gear.

Thanks.

How is Nobu these days?

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Thanks.

How is Nobu these days?
Nobushi is alright. She suffers in 1v1s because she lacks a good opener to get her offense going, but in 2v2, or any gank situation really, her long range normals and bleed damage passive make her very strong. This is especially true if you’re paired with someone like the peacekeeper or shaman, who can take advantage of the bleed effect.

I think at some point her kick was sped up a bit to make it harder to react to, but other than that I believe she is more or less the same as when she was released.

is the online play/netcode in this game good? i can only find a handful of terrible reviews from 2017, but hows the state today? thx!