What's new

follow-ups shorter than the first attack, that's why we have whiffing issues

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
How is he arguing when he's making a point, something you said he wasn't doing? I don't see anything argumentative about his post. It's as informative as it can be right now and it's not like he's blowing smoke up peoples' asses.
Did you read his first comment in the thread?

Nothing informative at all. He is just trying to circle jerk some kind of hidden skill cap that only ferra tor players can attain when played with no advancing mids.

E

Eldriken

Nothing informative at all. He is just trying to circle jerk some kind of hidden skill cap that only ferra tor players can attain when played with no advancing mids.
"Oh no its almost like youll have to space it right or something and not just throw out your advancing mid mindlessly"

That's what he said. What's wrong with it? He's saying you have to properly space yourself instead of just throwing out an advancing mid and reaping the benefits.

I still don't understand why you're creating an issue out of this. Care to fully elaborate?

Wetdoba

All too easy...

I posted that because after the stream showing off the character with the best buttons in NRS history TYM couldnt even make it 24 hours before complaining about his buttons lol.

TYM has a history of thinking that if a move has any weakness to it at all then it needs to be fixed. The possibility that the moving is working as intended and its one drawback is that you just cant throw the string out at one specific range never even crosses some peoples mind.

Not sure where the Ferra Torr thing came from lol but if you could not remind me that actually put effort into that trash that would be great. K thx

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Oh yes, this is a serious issue and needs to be solved by introducing intelligent string design *cough* Erron Black *cough*. Can't have people getting away with utilising back dashes as they were intended, they need to be punished for trying to play defensively like a bitch instead of mashing buttons like a real man.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
If NRs games had hit confirmation like most fighters then it wouldn't be an issue but since you can't really hit confirm of single hits how are we supposed to when to input the second hit of the string or not?

keep it mind strings gotta mashed out one hit arter another otherwise it won't come out.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
If NRs games had hit confirmation like most fighters then it wouldn't be an issue but since you can't really hit confirm of single hits how are we supposed to when to input the second hit of the string or not?

keep it mind strings gotta mashed out one hit arter another otherwise it won't come out.
spacing. other games don't really mash out Overhead/low cancellable advancing strings out at each other in neutral either

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby

But there isn't anything to hit confirm. You need to learn your spacing, and know if you're at the range that only F2 will hit (therefor you're only checking, or canceling into his whirling chain special) or if you're close enough that you can use the entire string.

What are you thinking you need to confirm?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I don't see a problem with it. looks like it works fine. he is throwing a move with no hurtbox past the limbs, I'm assuming. might even have good recovery.

there is another lunging mid @ 1:57 that actually moves the character closer for the 2nd string.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Oh no its almost like youll have to space it right or something and not just throw out your advancing mid mindlessly
Really doesn't make sense what you said there.
If the first hit connects then the rest of the string needs to connect as well.

Madog32

Wth do you mean lmao, it's common sense. I seriously can't believe someone needs to explain this to you...
common sense tells me his arm was not close enough to batman for the 2nd hit, therefor nothing should hit him...

By this logic, as long as the first hit whiffs, all the other hits should whiff too. Sounds silly, huh?

Its like some ppl refuse to watch the video and see that the first hit is with a weapon (extending his range) and the second hit is not. You should be happy he has a normal with an extended hitbox (and most likely no hurtbox) rather than getting hung up on the fact that the follow up hit doesn't also use the sickle and has slightly reduced range. It actually makes sense, which often isn't the case with most of this crap

Last edited:

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Who told you this? Not sure if you're agreeing or not...

Sounds like he is to me. He wants the 2nd hit to reach beyond where scarecrows arm is swinging just so he can continue a combo that he obviously didn't space properly
Yeah, I'm asking for buffs on a character I don't even intend to play. You sure got me figured out.
Idiot.
Anyway, if the first hit of a string connects, doesn't that mean I've therefore spaced it properly? Therefore, if I've spaced it and landed my hit successfully, how is it so outlandish to ask for my followup not to whiff?

Madog32

Yeah, I'm asking for buffs on a character I don't even intend to play. You sure got me figured out.
Idiot.
Anyway, if the first hit of a string connects, doesn't that mean I've therefore spaced it properly? Therefore, if I've spaced it and landed my hit successfully, how is it so outlandish to ask for my followup not to whiff?
I don't know. Why would you ask an idiot?

Why is it crazy to expect a player to know his spacing and act accordingly?

Why are you so close-minded about all this that you can't consider perhaps they intend for you to use this normal in one way, and the string in another??

Maybe they want you to get extra range with a normal check, but don't want you to take advantage of the extra range for a full combo starter. Perhaps they expect you to use the string at a close distance as maybe a punisher, but the normal is intended for checking at a longer range. Or maybe its plus enough on hit to use as a stagger and you can walk in to close the distance and try again.

Nah, that's idiotic

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
My character's fastest mid string that doesn't even advance me forward that whiff on hit and block and you don't see me making threads lul

deal with it scrubs

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
For the record, I personally don't care about the scarecrow example, and op probably doesn't either. I'm talking more generally that whiffing issues due to the first hit pushing back and causing the second hit to whiff is a very real problem, the most notable example that comes to mind would be johnny's 11, which I mentioned earlier. I'm pretty sure op isn't even requesting for scarecrow buffs, but rather just using him as an example.

Madog32

Lol. I have no intention of using this character either
For the record, I personally don't care about the scarecrow example, and op probably doesn't either. I'm talking more generally that whiffing issues due to the first hit pushing back and causing the second hit to whiff is a very real problem, the most notable example that comes to mind would be johnny's 11, which I mentioned earlier. I'm pretty sure op isn't even requesting for scarecrow buffs, but rather just using him as an example.
and I agree that ones like Johnnys and Jacquis should be looked at. But maybe let NRS show you what their intentions are with a character no one has even played yet before demanding buffs

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I don't know. Why would you ask an idiot?

Why is it crazy to expect a player to know his spacing and act accordingly?

Why are you so close-minded about all this that you can't consider perhaps they intend for you to use this normal in one way, and the string in another??

Maybe they want you to get extra range with a normal check, but don't want you to take advantage of the extra range for a full combo starter. Perhaps they expect you to use the string at a close distance as maybe a punisher, but the normal is intended for checking at a longer range. Or maybe its plus enough on hit to use as a stagger and you can walk in to close the distance and try again.

Nah, thats idiotic
Of course expecting a player to know their spacing isn't a bad thing, I'm not some scrub off the damn street. I don't even fucking care about the scarecrow example, the point of the op and my point is that first hits sometimes cause followups to whiff, for example johnny, and I suppose takeda(b21 whiffing on hit) and that shouldn't happen. Maybe you're right, in some cases they might intend you to use the normal one way, and the string another, I don't agree with it but if that's how they wanna roll, then let em do it.

But nonetheless, the original point of the op isn't exactly disputable, followuos shouldn't whiff in the correct situation, and everybody seems to be looking at scarecrow as the prime example and not actually at the real issue.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I hate how we shame ourselves for prefering safe mid strings when the reason we do so is mostly because there is no hit confirmation and we don't wanna be punished for not being able to do so.

Imagine in sf games with Ryu having to input the whole combo without hit confirmation and we go for something like combo into dp ender but u gotta input the dp before the whole combo comes out since the game wouldn't register the dp if you input it late haha.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Lol. I have no intention of using this character either

and I agree that ones like Johnnys and Jacquis should be looked at. But maybe let NRS show you what their intentions are with a character no one has even played yet before demanding buffs
I'm not demanding buffs, I literally just said idgaf about scarecrow, so how exactly am I demanding buffs? Did you even read the post properly?

Shaka

Tier Whore.
My character's fastest mid string that doesn't even advance me forward that whiff on hit and block and you don't see me making threads lul

deal with it scrubs
if you don't like your char switch or quit acting almighty just cause you play a char with shortcomings scrub!

that's like saying I play low tier and I don't complain about OP chars so i'm better than you.