What's new

follow-ups shorter than the first attack, that's why we have whiffing issues

shura30

Shura
so, watching the scarecrow's breakdown from yesterday's night stream in this video, 49 seconds in:

youtu.be/nLxpKN0lGFE?t=49

we can clearly see the second time it's executed, the mid starting string hits but whiffs on the second hit
now, it's clear that the third hit can still be blocked because the combo counter does not increase

this is the same exact problem we have in mkx with a few characters, situations, attack

the problem might be that the followup of a long range attack has shorter range/hitbox than the previous with obvious consequences
this alone would fix a lot of problems in mkx and apparently even in injustice2

please spare me the bs:

- it's a beta
- might be an older build
- let's see on release

we have these problems since forever and probably still will

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
the problem might be that the followup of a long range attack has shorter range/hitbox than the previous with obvious consequencesl
Most certainly this, in addition to pushback on the initial hit pushing the opponent out reach of the follow-up.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Are you really trying to justify whiffing issues? I'm sure Johnny's 11 whiffing is because I misspaced it right?
lol. Are you really asking for buffs before release? If it whiffed point blank, then thats an issue. But maybe they don't want you to be able to hit the entire string from that range? Maybe you'll have to learn when to do the full string, and when to just check with the first hit. Johnnys 11 and a move that reaches more than half the screen are 2 very different things, and I would hope you could understand that

GASP!

EDIT: Sorry - thought it said at the 40sec mark, not 49sec. That one is a little more suspicious, but my argument is the same. If you hitting the first hit at max range, I guess you're not close enough to hit the second hit. But expecting someone to learn their spacing and working around this (which may very well be what they want you to do) is not crazy

Last edited:

shura30

Shura
If you hitting the first hit at max range, I guess you're not close enough to hit the second hit.
duh

why would you have such range on an attack that cannot be followed up by it's own followup in a character clearly designed to do that?

this applies to all inconsistencies we already experience in mkx and yes, they are inconsistencies and not matchup specific issues because randomness

Madog32

duh

why would you have such range on an attack that cannot be followed up by it's own followup in a character clearly designed to do that?

this applies to all inconsistencies we already experience in mkx and yes, they are inconsistencies and not matchup specific issues because randomness
lol. For reasons I already explained. So you can still check them with a normal from a range that you otherwise couldn't?

I also never said anything was matchup specific. I just suggested that you learn your spacing when using an advancing mid. But apparently no one wants to hear that. They'd rather complain about something they haven't even played yet. The move does not even physically collide with the opponent! Learn to use F2 for checks, and F213 when you're in the proper range. Why is that so crazy??

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yes, because if the first hit catches someone and the second whiffs it means the first one wasnt spaced properly. Wtf are u talking about?
The first hit wasnt mis-spaced, but if you wanted the second hit to hit then the whole string was mis-spaced at that point. All you need is the first hit of the advancing string to work properly (which it does) to fully use it. It is still a long range poke if you cancel the first hit into the safe push or retreating chain spin. It is still a full combo whiff punisher in footsies if you cancel into the chain spin mb. NRS hitbox issues come from vertical hitboxes whiffing high from point blank, this is a horizontal advancing mid which is a spacing issue at its core

Last edited:

Madog32

Yes, because if the first hit catches someone and the second whiffs it means the first one wasnt spaced properly. Wtf are u talking about?
Who told you this? Not sure if you're agreeing or not...

is he? Looks to me like asking NRS to pay more attention to hitbox issues, they plagued MKX for a long time and still do
Sounds like he is to me. He wants the 2nd hit to reach beyond where scarecrows arm is swinging just so he can continue a combo that he obviously didn't space properly

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Reminds me of Kung Jin's b14 string, first hit has way more range than the second making the string miss if you do it a max range. This forces you to either commit to a cancel early by simply doing b1 xx whatever, or you do the string from a closer distance that you know b14 won't miss in.
Ofc there was a third option of going Shaolin and having b12 which reaches from max range b1 but that's another story.

Point is, I think it's intentional which is why he does a small range stationary uppercut, you're supposed to cancel the first hit into breath/spin sickle or do the whole string when you're a bit closer and not at max range.

There's also the fact that I'm sure they're still working on adjusting the hitboxes, there's already a few moves that don't really hit the way they look like they should like Fate's b2 i think? the anti-air beam that whiffed in all their attempts to show how it can AA. There's also Firestorm's fire circle thing that only hits in front of him where it "should" hit all directions.

shura30

Shura
Learn to use F2 for checks, and F213 when you're in the proper range. Why is that so crazy??
tell that to fisticuffs players

OF COURSE scarecrow players will adjust to everything even f2 for checks and f213 while in range
but the point of my thread is to point out problems that we're inheriting since basically forever and for literally no reason

Madog32

tell that to fisticuffs players

OF COURSE scarecrow players will adjust to everything even f2 for checks and f213 while in range
but the point of my thread is to point out problems that we're inheriting since basically forever and for literally no reason
and my point is it may not be a problem. It could be as intended. Thats all.

I don't know why we're talking about Johnny. That's an entirely different game.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
The first hit wasnt mis-spaced, but if you wanted the second hit to hit then the whole string was mis-spaced at that point. All you need is the first hit of the advancing string to work properly (which it does) to fully use it. It is still a long range poke if you cancel the first hit into the safe push or retreating chain spin. It is still a full combo whiff punisher in footsies if you cancel into the chain spin mb. NRS hitbox issues come from vertical hitboxes whiffing high from point blank, this is a horizontal advancing mid which is a spacing issue at its core
You have no point, at all.

Just arguing for the sake of it now.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Hopefully it gets changed. One of the more frustrating aspects of playing Bo Rai Cho was his 2 in B32 whiffing at certain distances and his DM sexy stance low would whiff after hit in certain situations. There was also a lot more of this stuff if you caught someone during a backdash or the like.

Really hope they keep this sort of stuff to a minimum.