What's new

Breakthrough Flash OTG patched, so much for viability

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
We don't need 90% combo to win good players. Flash will always suck online anyway but I feel he is not that bad since today, I actually just played the french player who arrived top 4 at the european IGAU tournament. The offline made me hype. I made him hate the Flash for good. ^^
You cannot say Flash is dead. Well, ok, he has blackest night skin and so ?.. :p
if you never used the tech, you won't miss it, i play some of the best players in the world, offline for more than 30 hours at nextlevel, at vsm, at ect5. and online which are pretty much all the best players, i could make a thread on all of them, my point is, this OTG stuff made him viable for A+ tier, ever sigle untechable which are most of his knockdowns was a guess cross up or no? now i can just wake up attack, playing shazam, bye tele away or towards, playing KF? slide. all these wake up options beat his sonic pound, now i can't be braindead, but killer frost and superman and grundy (lol) still are braindead, now i have to bait wake ups and if they make a read? they can blow me up, now i have think if i should sonic pound there wake up when before it was guaranteed. it sucks man.

dude the tech wasn't pretty cool, it was a necessity, it literally change MU numbers asl Mikemetroid ask Pig Of The Hut grundy could not just wake up walking corpse against the flash......now? yeah :( sinestro? even worse now. the only way i can punish sinestors wake up arachnid is with 21 facing outwards, its stance specific, before i didn't need to worry, it was braindead like the top tier characters in this game.
I agree. I liked it, but you gotta admit kinda broke. Hey I wanted Ares to keep his reset

why on earth would they make shazams topedo safe? what was nrs thinking?
it now has push back, so he gets to back dash free an d do it over and over again. this is very stupid and lazy balancing.
the most brain dead patch change ive seen, does pako want to kill this game or what ?

Zyphox

The OTG stuff was dumb and needed to go. Also I doubt KF vs Flash is 3-7. Stop the downplaying.
before we didn't need to downplay, i would knock you down, and its a 50/50 on your end, guess wrong, eat 57%, now if you slide just yolo it, i get put into vortex for doing what before was guaranteed if timed right. it was 5-5 now 7-3 killer frost.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
C'mon man...who's to say you won't find something incredibly dumb in a few days with Flash. He's still incredibly unexplored imo. Look at the Sinestro forums and we're finding new shit everyday! How is Flash any different? Don't start downplaying your character now or else it will NEVER end. Then Flash will truly become the Johnny Cage of Injustice.

Zyphox

why on earth would they make shazams topedo safe? what was nrs thinking?
it now has push back, so he gets to back dash free an d do it over and over again. this is very stupid and lazy balancing.
the most brain dead patch change ive seen, does pako want to kill this game or what ?
dude its not safe its more than -10, joker can punish before i can even backdash with acid blossom.

Zyphox

Hellion_96, yeah we can bait wake ups, but now that adds more to what the flash needs for the opponent to do and not what he can control you feel me? like versus KF, now i have to bait her wake up and hope i land a j2 to punish, before if they tried to wake up, otg for 57% huge difference, now i guess wrong, vortex city, if i guess right 57% so now the flash has to guess too? then its not a vortex like before.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Hellion_96, yeah we can bait wake ups, but now that adds more to what the flash needs for the opponent to do and not what he can control you feel me? like versus KF, now i have to bait her wake up and hope i land a j2 to punish, before if they tried to wake up, otg for 57% huge difference, now i guess wrong, vortex city, if i guess right 57% so now the flash has to guess too? then its not a vortex like before.
we need to get him a buff. now he has no more good match ups in my opinion.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
this OTG stuff made him viable for A+ tier, ever sigle untechable which are most of his knockdowns was a guess cross up or no? now i can just wake up attack, playing shazam, bye tele away or towards, playing KF? slide. all these wake up options beat his sonic pound, now i can't be braindead, but killer frost and superman and grundy (lol) still are braindead, now i have to bait wake ups and if they make a read? they can blow me up, now i have think if i should sonic pound there wake up when before it was guaranteed. it sucks man.
And so what ? Even a noob could use your tech to steal a round. This time we need to use our brain to win. Don't blame the flash for being balanced, blame the top tier for being broken and pray for a patch.

if you never used the tech, you won't miss it, i play some of the best players in the world, offline for more than 30 hours at nextlevel, at vsm, at ect5. and online which are pretty much all the best players, i could make a thread on all of them
I don't get your point on this. Doesn't matter if people play top players or do majors, everyone can do so. What is matter is if you win or not. Alucard got top 8 with a nerfed Ares on his resets. His char is supposed to be worse than the flash.

Anyway, it looks a bit arrogant because it has nothing to do with the rest of the quote. I didn't mean I was godlike and better than anyone here when I said I played a good player, I just meant that now that I've finally played the flash against a decent deathstroke/doomsday/KF/catwoman/WW offline I changed my mind about flash downplaying.
Only online, counterpicks and top 5 char make him bottom imo.

Man... i hate to say it but i think that they did the right thing, remove the cheap stuff and buff some flash's other tools.
Also i think they removed all "OTGs", a bug is a bug, i liked this bug because i could play agressive without fear, but now things are fair.

But what you want is to buff him and keep the cheap stuff to him be a S tier too.

If they keep nerfing the S tiers and buffing the low tiers the game will be more balanced.

Hope they fix one little thing in a later path.

Batman trait keep's going up in the mid round but flash's and other traits goes down, this is kinda stupid, all traits should stop at the end of the round. Also turning off on clashes are also a bad idea. (or bug?)

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Man... i hate to say it but i think that they did the right thing, remove the cheap stuff and buff some flash's other tools.
Also i think they removed all "OTGs", a bug is a bug, i liked this bug because i could play agressive without fear, but now things are fair.

But what you want is to buff him and keep the cheap stuff to him be a S tier too.

If they keep nerfing the S tiers and buffing the low tiers the game will be more balanced.

Hope they fix one little thing in a later path.

Batman trait keep's going up in the mid round but flash's and other traits goes down, this is kinda stupid, all traits should stop at the end of the round. Also turning off on clashes are also a bad idea. (or bug?)
I dont see how it was game breaking, it was dirt he had and it was good, and from what I can tell his "Buffs" are garbage

Wait when did this patch come out? And where can I find details on what's been changed.

I swear if they nerf grundy again.......

Zyphox

listen ive tested it its now safe i suggest you do the same okay. its completely safe now -6 with push back.
okay test it against the joker, put reversal acid blossom, then open your fucking eyes and look at acid blossoms frame data, then comeback here........

LEGEND

YES!
The OTG stuff was dumb and needed to go. Also I doubt KF vs Flash is 3-7. Stop the downplaying.
i agree with the MU downplaying needing to stop, but the OTG vortex was literally just a safe (meter requiring) 50/50. Which is something almost every other top tier has

Now hes just a character with worse footsies, mobility and mix-ups than other characters that also have zoning, air control and interactable control. His buff is kinda nice though since he now has an almost fulscreen 50/50, but that 50/50 is between him getting pressure or getting blown the fuck up. . .
-
For the longest time i was a Flash up-player and never bought into him needing buffs to compete, but all he got was nerfs and a way in that is hardly worth using. i really wanted to have a reason to play flash again but it seems he is destined for mid tier

Idk why nrs insists on intentionally making characters non-viable

I think this is related to the Scorpion leak, and is Xbox only. I may be wrong.

Ok so there was a patch that would have been released with scorpion, but since hommie leaked so did the balance patch(I'm assuming the compativbility pack). You wouldn't happen to know if there is anywhere I can find the details of this patch?