What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Anyone got any good ideas for the Flash vs Black Adam matchup? Is BA safe on all his strings or what? Where am I looking for the punish? Thanks guys.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
nope this si a sad day to be a flash player :( no more OTG's, flash confirmed bottom 5

doomfarmer

unorthodox
You guys HAD to know that those OTG shenanigans were going to get patched. I am bummed that our buff isn't as good as I first thought though. Ugh. The safe MB LC on block is nice but not great seeing as how they can duck it and you are free to get blown up for it. Better than nothing.

Hey, does Ares have armor on his MB god smack? How about 1 hit of armor for Flash's sonic pound?? colt?

Think about it :coffee:

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
yo how the fuck do you beat green arrow. D1 frame strap 50/50 ice arrow runaway arrow jump back thing which is a free wake u. like idk what to do

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
yo how the fuck do you beat green arrow. D1 frame strap 50/50 ice arrow runaway arrow jump back thing which is a free wake u. like idk what to do
yeah, If you read that he's going to do the jump back arrow wake up, you can punish it with lightning charge or MB lightning charge combo. We can also MB lightning charge combo punish him if he carelessly loads an arrow from basically anywhere other than full screen.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
yeah, If you read that he's going to do the jump back arrow wake up, you can punish it with lightning charge or MB lightning charge combo. We can also MB lightning charge combo punish him if he carelessly loads an arrow from basically anywhere other than full screen.
It must be hard cause I played a long set and couldn't do it maybe i was too early. But yea GA has to be a bad matchup

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
It must be hard cause I played a long set and couldn't do it maybe i was too early. But yea GA has to be a bad matchup
I agree that it seems like a shitty match up. You have to do the lightning charge pretty much after he has already fired the arrow. The timing is a bit weird and it's been a while since I've played against GA, but I know it's possible. I don't think you can do it on block, he has to whiff.

EDIT: disregard this. You can't hit Green Arrow with lightning charge after he has already fired his jump back arrow. He recovers really fast.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Hellion_96 I tested out trying to lightning charge wake jump back arrow, and it's really weird. You can't stuff it because it's an invincible wake up, so you have to time your charge in such a way that you hit him after the invincible frames wear off but before he actually shoots. If you get it right, you can definitely get the combo off of MB lightning charge, which is nice. If you're too late, you end up trading (which is arguably in Flash's favour, since LC does 9% and his shot does 7, plus you get a hard knockdown), which is less than ideal. Too early, and you just kind of run into his invincible frames and get shot anyway.

Of course, since this game is so balanced, this move is also +4 on block according to the in-game data, so don't block it and try to reversal.

This is doable, but it's definitely not something you can do on reaction to him using the wake up attack. It has to be a read, and the timing is pretty specific...it's probably best to just use the anti-wake up whiff cancel shit on it with d2 into lightning kick or sonic pound

MashBot

You're over matched.
Hellion_96 I tested out trying to lightning charge wake jump back arrow, and it's really weird. You can't stuff it because it's an invincible wake up, so you have to time your charge in such a way that you hit him after the invincible frames wear off but before he actually shoots. If you get it right, you can definitely get the combo off of MB lightning charge, which is nice. If you're too late, you end up trading (which is arguably in Flash's favour, since LC does 9% and his shot does 7, plus you get a hard knockdown), which is less than ideal. Too early, and you just kind of run into his invincible frames and get shot anyway.

Of course, since this game is so balanced, this move is also +4 on block according to the in-game data, so don't block it and try to reversal.

This is doable, but it's definitely not something you can do on reaction to him using the wake up attack. It has to be a read, and the timing is pretty specific...it's probably best to just use the anti-wake up whiff cancel shit on it with d2 into lightning kick or sonic pound
did you try the forward jump 2? You can get a full combo for one bar
J2 mb LC 1 b22f2 LC/LK it's a punish that would make them think twice bout wake ups
Help from dgod psycho with that combo.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
so you can now meter burn his headbutt on block for +3 and it launches on hit? That's huge

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
so you can now meter burn his headbutt on block for +3 and it launches on hit? That's huge
yeah, but it's only +3 if they block the first hit standing. If they block it crouching, the second hit whiffs over their head (another crouchable mid) and is still like -1000.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
it whiffs on every character?
it might hit the really big guys like bane and doomsday while they're crouching, but it definitely goes over most of them. If they block the first hit high, they can still crouch the second but they can't punish it in that case.

I can say for sure that it whiffs on killer frost, raven, deathstroke, green arrow, joker, green lantern, catwoman, sinestro and batman