What's new

Tech Flash 57% Anti Zoning Tech.

Very awesome sir, I've been playing Flash since day 1 and have loved all this new shit you guys are finding with him. Idk if I have the reaction time to use this on certain cast members, but very cool nonetheless.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Wasn't Flash free to zoning when the game came out and he needed buffs and stuff? Am I late to the party? lol

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
The scary stuff is, you can be +11 on block if you fail but you will also use your trait for nothing (and a meter bar for no chip).

It was known obviously, but I still think this is too situationnal to be viable.

The other not viable stuff is that after the sonic pound, the opponent can juggle on your left or on your right, the ambigous crossup makes it sometimes impossible to read after an empty sonic pound MB. How the hell do you wanna 57% properly knowing that.
And that will be 10 times easier against a non mobile target. No one will zone you at a jump distance.

flash top 5 ? com'on..
Using trait for nothing? i beg to differ.
If you have them on block, you are able to do 50/50. just do D1 and F1 and keep mixing them up on block, they get hit and have a chance of not being able to push block you.

Stuff that is "too situational" is what won Daigo matches in tournaments, who is a legend of the FGC.

You are trying to tell me this is too situational yet I've done this to aquaman players, Killer frost players, Nightwing players, Black Adam players, Batman, lex, Joker, Grundy? not at all, theres a handful of match ups on where you can do this. What is so not viable? please explain.

Go into practice and look at the max sonic pound distance. you will be amazed.

I am not saying Flash is top 5, MashPotatoTower is, and I significantly disagree with him. but the fact of the matter is, we need to stop down playing the flash and try to look at his plus sides.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
I knew it already and I use it after some string like the b2, 2, f3 on hit. Dunno if it's legit in real game vs zoning but I'll give it a try.
B2, 2 and F3 have nothing to do with sonic pound ranges.
Sonic pound can reach well outside of jump range, a range in which people WILL try to zone.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
b2, 2, f3, nothing or RMSc, sonic pound MB reset (this is actually the perfect distance to hit with the far one ;) ). Not b2, 2, f3 sonic pound which I do aswell.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Xenrail
Beg to differ, Sonic pound hits well outside of jump range.
If general meta game, if you aren't throwing projectiles at the flash in general, then you are not playing him smart at all.
I've sonic pounded over so many projectiles today. I think you need to reconsider and try it for yourself.

Also been using raw sps and it stuffs jump attempts fairly well. I'd reserve this tech based on matchups corner though is pretty golden depending on stage

Good tech and video... but honestly did you have to make the video against a nightwing practice dummy? It would have illustrated your point better if you did batman's batarangs or even aquaman's seismo instead of the slowest, easiest to avoid projectile in the game in Nightwings ground spark.

Sami

Noob
Does the special have any armour on this? If not, Raven can blow this up all day in demon stance and probably in normal too.

Note: not discrediting the tech, just happy that it doesn't work against my main :)

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Does the special have any armour on this? If not, Raven can blow this up all day in demon stance and probably in normal too.

Note: not discrediting the tech, just happy that it doesn't work against my main :)
Depend when you threw the projectile. If you did it before, you may still eat it.

Sami

Noob
Depend when you threw the projectile. If you did it before, you may still eat it.
Demon stance "projectiles" hit mid but spawn under the player and are 0 on block. The only way of avoiding it is for the player to input the wrong range (4 different options), a perfectly timed back-dash/forward dash, or to block. Dashes and blocks are safe for Raven, picking the wrong range isn't.

Not sure if her normal stance projectile will be affected by this (no time to check) as it hits high. Going by the animation of Flash's jump thing the projectile should hit.