What's new

flash 25/25/25/25 vortex

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
And I thought Red Hood's pre-patch MB Throw was disgusting... And all this time my third character is the one that had the most sickening reset. This is 50 shades more of Superman dirty.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Yeah sonicfox did this that time he used flash. (I think)?
Either way he posted it on Twitter like a couple months ago.
It's super broke, he's basically Batgirl.

This has been known amongst top players but doesn't seem to be enough to be optimal. The whole thing is its hard for flash to get a touch so when he does you want optimal guaranteed combos. This restand is too iffy and different depending on hit box. Why would you go for a quick restand that has a great chance of dropping instead of a trait combo.

You haven't seen it much yet and I doubt you will in the future. Though tbh if you had 3 to 4 bars and great execution against a certain character then this restand could be viable as a loop. Otherwise I think you'll see it showing off or maybe corner switch. Just not viable

Tweedy

Noob
Yeah sonicfox did this that time he used flash. (I think)?
Either way he posted it on Twitter like a couple months ago.
It's super broke, he's basically Batgirl.
Yeah

I think it might be a good idea to copy Sonic's tech and post it with detailed descriptions, because most of the time he just says "aha I am SO OD YOU GET HIT AND YOU GET FUKT".

kcd117

Noob
Lol this has been arround for a long time and I've been saying flash is busted since before the first patch came out, and this stuff is not the only reason why. I guess it is alright to downplay a character that can kill you in 2 touches bc he "struggles playing neutral". It is kind of a blowup people are "discovering" it now. Flash has lot more ridiculous stuff that needs serious adjustments.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
This has been known amongst top players but doesn't seem to be enough to be optimal. The whole thing is its hard for flash to get a touch so when he does you want optimal guaranteed combos. This restand is too iffy and different depending on hit box. Why would you go for a quick restand that has a great chance of dropping instead of a trait combo.

You haven't seen it much yet and I doubt you will in the future. Though tbh if you had 3 to 4 bars and great execution against a certain character then this restand could be viable as a loop. Otherwise I think you'll see it showing off or maybe corner switch. Just not viable
I think it's totally viable, given enough practice and in the right hands. I watched Scar use it a lot in his stream today.

I think it's totally viable, given enough practice and in the right hands. I watched Scar use it a lot in his stream today.
Viable in certain situations. Certainly not optimal unless you're trying to loop it. If it was that strong then you would see it more than once in tournament life.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Viable in certain situations. Certainly not optimal unless you're trying to loop it. If it was that strong then you would see it more than once in tournament life.
The combo I'm doing is not optimal at all, I'm just doing it because it's an easy conversion into restand. I've seen 40+ trait conversions into the restand too. I'll give up a little damage for this restand any day of the week. Flash's other resets don't come close to being as scary as this. Not seeing something in tournament doesn't mean it's not strong, probably just underexplored/hard to pull off.
As for this being known, yeah probably. The tech is literally dash up, jump in 1, 50/50 lol.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
This just isn't true.

Top competitors tend to use characters early with an easy to execute game-plan.

Plenty of players by the end of MKX's life could do stuff not so different to this if not harder on a regular basis.

This just isn't true.

Top competitors tend to use characters early with an easy to execute game-plan.

Plenty of players by the end of MKX's life could do stuff not so different to this if not harder on a regular basis.
Its not that the tech is hard. It's that it varies based on character. Not even because of male/ female hit boxes. Its their character model or something. Its not inconsistent because of execution, its inconsistent because it's a gimmick. Not meant to be a tool to gameplan around. I can loop this four times on supes but then I try against a different character and it fails. Too inconsistent and the reason we don't see it, if this post above is true.

The combo I'm doing is not optimal at all, I'm just doing it because it's an easy conversion into restand. I've seen 40+ trait conversions into the restand too. I'll give up a little damage for this restand any day of the week. Flash's other resets don't come close to being as scary as this. Not seeing something in tournament doesn't mean it's not strong, probably just underexplored/hard to pull off.
As for this being known, yeah probably. The tech is literally dash up, jump in 1, 50/50 lol.
So you're saying you can do a trait combo into the bf1 restand? This is what we need to know cuz ill jump ship! Lmao

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
I mean, I'm sure this has been known for some people, it's not a hard find. I just labbed if it's legit and made a nice writeup to show people why it's dumb and why flash players should be doing it. Seeing how many people didn't know about this makes me think it was necessary.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
this has gotta go, lets be honest. Look at that hitbox interaction there is zero chance that this is intentional and a 4 way vortex that you can get big damage off and even convert off meterlessly if you need to just doesn't belong in this game for multiple reasons

The bf1 restand is gone with the new patch, just wanted to let y'all know. I was labbing this morning and I decided to practice it a bit since I have been thinking about using it here and there, but after about three tries of doing it just right and the bf1 still connecting it became obvious that NRS finally patched the bf1 bug of it allowing a restand. It will probably still do the same interaction it did before when it trades, but in terms of getting a restand off of spacing it with 1 1, that will no longer work!

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
The bf1 restand is gone with the new patch, just wanted to let y'all know. I was labbing this morning and I decided to practice it a bit since I have been thinking about using it here and there, but after about three tries of doing it just right and the bf1 still connecting it became obvious that NRS finally patched the bf1 bug of it allowing a restand. It will probably still do the same interaction it did before when it trades, but in terms of getting a restand off of spacing it with 1 1, that will no longer work!
You did df1~MB, d2~df1~ff, 1, 1~bf1?